Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regular vs Platinum BlueDEF

jeffn

Reaction score
If your truck is still under warranty, DO NOT USE BULK DEF!!!

On one of my fleet trucks, a 2016 Ram 2500 6.7L Bighorn, I had a DEF Pump Failure and a resultant DPF failure. Had I used bulk DEF and did not keep my old DEF bottles until replacing a new one each time... the dealer was going to blame the problem on improper DEF fluid. Having that Bottle with the batch codes killed his line of BS either way!!!

If you are buying Platinum DEF... you are the one I made this video for.
how would they determine the DEF in your tank came from the empty bottle you give them? You could have easily picked up an empty from the truck stop trash. You could have bought a Platinum jug and dumped it out before heading to dealer service.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
If your truck is still under warranty, DO NOT USE BULK DEF!!!

On one of my fleet trucks, a 2016 Ram 2500 6.7L Bighorn, I had a DEF Pump Failure and a resultant DPF failure. Had I used bulk DEF and did not keep my old DEF bottles until replacing a new one each time... the dealer was going to blame the problem on improper DEF fluid. Having that Bottle with the batch codes killed his line of BS either way!!!

If you are buying Platinum DEF... you are the one I made this video for.

So you have a "fleet" of trucks---and you keep all of your empty DEF bottles to "prove" you dont fill at the pump? Sounds like a MASSIVE waste of storage space.

Do you keep all of your HO cams in a box on the shelf next to your empty DEF cartons?

Where did they find this guy? You're on a roll there, little buddy.

Reaction score
So you have a "fleet" of trucks---and you keep all of your empty DEF bottles to "prove" you dont fill at the pump? Sounds like a MASSIVE waste of storage space.

Do you keep all of your HO cams in a box on the shelf next to your empty DEF cartons?

Where did they find this guy? You're on a roll there, little buddy.
Once again the English Language escapes this guy...

I said, "on ONE of my Fleet Trucks..." meaning one of the trucks I rented from Enterprise Fleet, not a "Fleet of trucks" and yes, I keep the bottle for "traceability" to prove the origin of the fluid used. I do not need the hassle of "He Said, Dealer Said" with my Enterprise Agent.

Once again... not all Bulk DEF is formulated to Road Use Standards, especially if you are buying Agricultural DEF which has many other components. So buy what you want, keep the bottle or not... but if your warranty and the hassle with the Dealer's ******** is not a problem because you wipe your arse with cash, go ahead. If you like to keep the money you earn and not give it away on needless repairs or stuff leading to such, my advice is warranted.

Here ya geaux: https://www.ppclubricants.com/is-all-diesel-exhaust-fluid-def-the-same/

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Once again the English Language escapes this guy...

I said, "on ONE of my Fleet Trucks..." meaning one of the trucks I rented from Enterprise Fleet, not a "Fleet of trucks" and yes, I keep the bottle for "traceability" to prove the origin of the fluid used. I do not need the hassle of "He Said, Dealer Said" with my Enterprise Agent.

Once again... not all Bulk DEF is formulated to Road Use Standards, especially if you are buying Agricultural DEF which has many other components. So buy what you want, keep the bottle or not... but if your warranty and the hassle with the Dealer's ******** is not a problem because you wipe your arse with cash, go ahead. If you like to keep the money you earn and not give it away on needless repairs or stuff leading to such, my advice is warranted.

Here ya geaux: https://www.ppclubricants.com/is-all-diesel-exhaust-fluid-def-the-same/
Not to argue with you but just need to make a point here. This statement in the link you posted (This definition excludes the use of urea grades used in agriculture) means the 32 urea we use to grow our crops can't be used, not what is actually used in the ISO 22241 standards def we purchase. Called my supplier just today to order more bulk and he again verified all DEF they purchase and resell to customers meets the ISO 22241 standards. Now as far as what you buy and use in your fleet truck is totally up to you and if you get crap and lies from enterprise then by all means use the store bought stuff that keeps your butt covered . For the rest of us that don't have to worry about that because our dealers are plenty happy with our ISO 22241 standard approved bulk def we will keep saving lots of money with no worries. Again to each his own and what ever works best for you :cool:

Reaction score
I completely agree with you that if that is what you are able to use, it definitely makes sense. When this happened to me, I was in no position to argue as 100% of my income was reliant on having ERAC trucks to haul boats. Now that I have purchased a new truck, I am deleting the DPF system and won't look back.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
I completely agree with you that if that is what you are able to use, it definitely makes sense. When this happened to me, I was in no position to argue as 100% of my income was reliant on having ERAC trucks to haul boats. Now that I have purchased a new truck, I am deleting the DPF system and won't look back.
Please let us know how that turns out , Would love to do it to mine but don't want to loose my warranty or fail a emissions test since they are pretty strict around here at looking for that stuff missing.

Users who are viewing this thread