Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registration fees and taxes

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Richmond County GA just sent me a refund check for the $20 they charged me for my Vietnam tag. I told them I already had a free Retired Army tag on my Jeep but they said that the Vietnam tag is free too. Thank you, salute, about face, forward march. Never argue with free. They'll probably catch it next year when I renew. I think I'm only supposed to get one free tag.

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
Colorado is quickly going the way of commifornia......beautiful, bit liberal as he!!
Boulder needs to change it's name to Little San Francisco! :mad:............... BTW, You're not supposed to say RETARD anymore......Say LIBERAL! :p;):D

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Boulder needs to change it's name to Little San Francisco! :mad:............... BTW, You're not supposed to say RETARD anymore......Say LIBERAL! :p;):D
Yes on the definition of libtards, no offense to folks who are naturally afflicted with learning disabilities.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
When I bought my 2019 3500 SRW, the Auto Mall owners paid the license and registraion fee's as a promotion. It was sweet, because the dealer alerted me, that if I purchased the truck next week, it would be even cheaper, due to free registration costs. But my 1 year anniversary is coming fast, and regardless of what I paid, the registration % cost go by the MSRP, not the $10K less than MSRP deal I made. The online DMV estimate of my registration is 900 and change, but I don't believe it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2019 3500 SRW, the Auto Mall owners paid the license and registraion fee's as a promotion. It was sweet, because the dealer alerted me, that if I purchased the truck next week, it would be even cheaper, due to free registration costs. But my 1 year anniversary is coming fast, and regardless of what I paid, the registration % cost go by the MSRP, not the $10K less than MSRP deal I made. The online DMV estimate of my registration is 900 and change, but I don't believe it.

Here in CO the assign the taxable value as the MSRP of the base model. My listed MSRP ($65K) was about $22K less than the actual MSRP.

davis2

Reaction score
Egregious.

Colorado first time reg $1,725.92 and that's not even my vet plates because their machine is broken and can't be fixed due to COVID-19. Which means it must have CHICOM parts or murder hornets running it.

There was $227 in there to cover the first month since the purchase date. $227/month ownership tax! On a truck I already paid sales tax on! I'm so F mad I could spit nails. I knew it would be north of $1,500 but this is ridiculous.

Oh, and the roads and bridges they charge an extra fee to maintain suck here.
Wow! And I thought NY was bad... It only cost me $275 for Registration (2 yr) and title! Sales tax was paid with the loan (8.75%)

Trooper

Reaction score
Just renewed in CA for 2500 Laramie CTD.. $896 for next year - stupid

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Nc doesn't have vehicle sales tax per se. They call it something else when registering and it was $1200 one time. The personal property tax annually forever depreciating every year.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy tax systems...

Nc doesn't have vehicle sales tax per se. They call it something else when registering and it was $1200 one time. The personal property tax annually forever depreciating every year.

Yea, ours is a declining personal "use" tax, the sales tax rates here vary depending on locale. The fees are pretty steep since they added things to avoid voter approval on additional "taxes."

On the purchase I paid state (2.9%), RTD/SFCD (1.1%), and County (1%), 5% total. Highest in our county is Aurora @8.75%. Highest in CO is Winter Park (ski town) @11.2% total!

Tax and spend baby.

I bought a boat from AZ and their tax rate was 20% so I paid the dealer $500 to transport it and met them in NM and paid something like 7%.

davis2

Reaction score
Yea, ours is a declining personal "use" tax, the sales tax rates here vary depending on locale. The fees are pretty steep since they added things to avoid voter approval on additional "taxes."

On the purchase I paid state (2.9%), RTD/SFCD (1.1%), and County (1%), 5% total. Highest in our county is Aurora @8.75%. Highest in CO is Winter Park (ski town) @11.2% total!

Tax and spend baby.

I bought a boat from AZ and their tax rate was 20% so I paid the dealer $500 to transport it and met them in NM and paid something like 7%.
Who taxes and spends less in this country?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Can you explain in detail, I'm just about to purchase a boat in Havasu AZ. Sales tx is less than NV so I will have to pay the difference in sales tx registering it. What is the 20% tx ?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain in detail, I'm just about to purchase a boat in Havasu AZ. Sales tx is less than NV so I will have to pay the difference in sales tx registering it. What is the 20% tx ?

Live in CO.

I was mistaken on the tax I paid on the boat.

According to the dealer, AZ sales tax on the boat would have been 20%. I paid the dealer $400 delivery fee and $35 temp tag fee to Drive from Prescott Valley to a truck stop on the AZ/NM border and took possession there. I paid $0 sales tax.

In CO only the trailer gets titled and that only carried a $500 value. I paid the registration fees and personal property tax fee on a $500 2006 trailer. Annual trailer tag is $35. Annual boat permit (less than 20') s $35.

If you're buying a boat in AZ and it's less tax, what's the issue?

RVTRKN

Reaction score
If you're buying a boat in AZ and it's less tax, what's the issue?
Well you mentioned the 20% sales tx, I was wondering if there's another tx I wasn't aware of. AZ sales tx is less than NV sales tx, therefore I have to make up the difference when registering here in NV. I've never heard of 20% sales tx.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you mentioned the 20% sales tx, I was wondering if there's another tx I wasn't aware of. AZ sales tx is less than NV sales tx, therefore I have to make up the difference when registering here in NV. I've never heard of 20% sales tx.
I must have misremembered. I just looked and Prescott Valley, where the dealer was, appears to be 9.18%.

Users who are viewing this thread