Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regeneration Frequency Issue: MAF Poll

Please indicate which MAF your truck has and wether or not it has a Regeneration Frequency problem.

• I have AARFN and a regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • I have AARFN and NO regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I have ABMBV and a regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • I have ABMBV and NO regeneration frequency issue.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the updated MAF yet and seen any positive results ? Just curious if this actually is the “Wonder Drug”.

DougB

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the updated MAF yet and seen any positive results ? Just curious if this actually is the “Wonder Drug”.
@scdo Had the new MAF installed by dealer but no improvement.

Seems we have at least 3 separate threads on this issue.

Last edited:

scdo

Reaction score
@scdo Had the new MAF installed by dealer but no improvement. Seems we have at least 3 separate threads on this issue.

Yep, it did not help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougB

Reaction score
Yep, it did not help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they do the MAF reset procedure @mbarber84 posted previously? If not, it may be going off the old lookup tables.

I am going to try to do that drive sequence today and see if it’ll reset even with the “bad” MAF. Hoping it will revert like it was new and take a while to learn the bad behavior.

scdo

Reaction score
Did they do the MAF reset procedure @mbarber84 posted previously? If not, it may be going off the old lookup tables.

I am going to try to do that drive sequence today and see if it’ll reset even with the “bad” MAF. Hoping it will revert like it was new and take a while to learn the bad behavior.
You know, I’m not sure but STAR advised them the fix didn’t work. It couldn’t hurt for me to try that procedure myself.

Last edited:

Ostracize

Reaction score
.... Asking because I have the "tick" which is awaiting parts but also mine is regening about every ~350mi when it used to regen only at the 24hr mark... Honestly not sure what caused the change.. Like others I thought I caused it by not installing the correct filter but the correct one has been in for almost 10k now and no changing frequency.
Could my tick be contributing to the regens frequency?.... Unsure.
Edit: I have the German MAF in mine. It's never been replaced.

Last edited:

bobbo7915

Reaction score
no regen issues, every 24 hours except one time in 29,000 miles.

German sensor with an S&B intake and the oiled filter.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Cleaned my MAF(not dirty) and MAP (very dirty) and did the maf relearn drive cycles. The throttle response is noticeably better and fuel economy for a loop I'm quite familiar with is much better... Soo fingers crossed this might have a positive effect on the emissions/regen logic once it catches up to the changes.

Attachments

• 20231223_171658.jpg
    20231223_171658.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231223_171652.jpg
    20231223_171652.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 28

ironmike

Reaction score
Cleaned my MAF(not dirty) and MAP (very dirty) and did the maf relearn drive cycles. The throttle response is noticeably better and fuel economy for a loop I'm quite familiar with is much better... Soo fingers crossed this might have a positive effect on the emissions/regen logic once it catches up to the changes.
My MAP was just as bad and I cleaned & didn’t have a regen for 10 days , prior was every day !
Did you replace sensors with German or Chinese?

CaptainMike

Reaction score
How did you clean them?

Users who are viewing this thread