Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
We are happy to share a few RAW photos of our brand new Transmission/Oil Pan Skid Plate. I am not going into too much detail tonight as we will have a video and additional media covering this new product tomorrow, but if you have any questions, by all means, ask away!

*THIS IS A PRE-PRODUCTION PRODUCT. SOME ASPECTS OF DESIGN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

IMG_2499.JPGIMG_2501.JPGIMG_2503.JPGIMG_2504.JPGIMG_2505.JPG

oppizzippo

Reaction score
We are happy to share a few RAW photos of our brand new Transmission/Oil Pan Skid Plate. I am not going into too much detail tonight as we will have a video and additional media covering this new product tomorrow, but if you have any questions, by all means, ask away!

*THIS IS A PRE-PRODUCTION PRODUCT. SOME ASPECTS OF DESIGN ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

View attachment 69017View attachment 69018View attachment 69019View attachment 69020View attachment 69021
Looks awesome! Will this fit a regular cab?

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
Hey Everybody, our transmission skid is available for purchase. It is in production and currently on a 6-8 week lead time. As always, every component will be powder coated and ships for free within the lower 48!

UglyViking

Reaction score
Hey Everybody, our transmission skid is available for purchase. It is in production and currently on a 6-8 week lead time. As always, every component will be powder coated and ships for free within the lower 48!

Jesus christ, did you guys just wait for @MDethloff do all the R&D on this and copy it?

UglyViking

Reaction score
They announced these before @MDethloff showed his design, and they are definitely different. Nice to have options here!
Dethloff shared CAD images on Dec 31st, as far as I can tell GODZ MFG just announced this Tuesday (37 days later). They released other skids prior, but not the trans skid.

As of this moment it looks like they ripped off the CJC intercooler "skid" and followed that up with ripping off the Dethloff skid.

I agree that options are great, and knock offs are inevitable (and frankly thank god because if HF didn't exist I'd have no tools). That said, I don't see how this isn't a straight rip off, and at a higher price point to boot.

silverheep

Reaction score
Dethloff shared CAD images on Dec 31st, as far as I can tell GODZ MFG just announced this Tuesday (37 days later). They released other skids prior, but not the trans skid.

As of this moment it looks like they ripped off the CJC intercooler "skid" and followed that up with ripping off the Dethloff skid.

I agree that options are great, and knock offs are inevitable (and frankly thank god because if HF didn't exist I'd have no tools). That said, I don't see how this isn't a straight rip off, and at a higher price point to boot.
They mentioned it back in November when they announced their 3 bar replacement - I think what we are seeing is that there are only so many ways to create a skid for this area! The CJC skid is pretty similar to the SDHQ skid as well - same thing there, in my opinion.
Well, about 9 months later, we have skid plates ready to go with a new transmission skid on the way soon!

View attachment 65891View attachment 65892View attachment 65893

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
Jesus christ, did you guys just wait for @MDethloff do all the R&D on this and copy it?

We have had this skid plate in the works since October of last year. When @MDethloff released his CAD drawings on here, we knew that your comments and others like yours would inevitably follow suit.

First and foremost, @MDethloff 'pioneered' the transmission skid plate over two years ago, and for that, we, and all of you, should thank him. His upcoming design looks very well thought out and we wish him nothing but the best when his design comes available for sale within the next few weeks. To boot, he complemented/congratulated us in a Facebook group a few days ago when we released our first photos. I don't know Mr. Dethloff personally, but he seems like a class act.

Now, with that in consideration, there are only so many ways to skin a cat. If you have a minute, crawl under your truck and you will quickly see that there is very limited points in which you can bolt mounts to the frame. Furthermore, the tube that stems down to the plate itself is 1. the best candidate for the job, due to its great strength to size ratio and 2. can only be routed in so many ways with the constrictions of the motor, headers, exhaust, transmission, axle, 4WD actuator and more.

You are more than welcome to formulate your own opinions. You can look at our product lineup and see that we offer plenty of products that are unique to us. Additionally, you can see we have adapted ideas from the much larger Jeep and Toyota markets in an effort to bring cool products to the full-size truck market as well. Lastly, yes, we do have products that overlap with other companies; and yes, some of those designs look similar, but given the fact that we do not build the actual trucks, merely high quality aftermarket parts for them, yes, inevitably some will end up looking like a 'rip off'.

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
We have had this skid plate in the works since October of last year. When @MDethloff released his CAD drawings on here, we knew that your comments and other like yours would inevitably follow suit.

First and foremost, @MDethloff 'pioneered' the transmission skid plate over two years ago, and for that, we, and all of you, should thank him. His upcoming design looks very well thought out and we wish him nothing but the best when his design comes available for sale within the next few weeks. To boot, he complemented/congratulated us in a Facebook group a few days ago when we released our first photos. I don't know Mr. Dethloff personally, but he seems like a class act.

Now, with that in consideration, there are only so many ways to skin a cat. If you have a minute, crawl under your truck and you will quickly see that there is very limited points in which you can bolt mounts to the frame. Furthermore, the tube that stems down to the plate itself is 1. the best candidate for the job due to its great strength to size ratio and 2. can only routed in so many ways with the constrictions of the motor, headers, exhaust, transmission, axle, 4WD actuator and more.

You are more than welcome to formulate your own opinions. You can look at our product lineup and see that we offer plenty of products that are unique to us. Additionally, you can see we have adapted ideas from the much larger Jeep and Toyota markets in an effort to bring cool products to the full-size truck market as well. Lastly, yes, we do have products that overlap with other companies; and yes, some of those designs look similar, but given the fact that we do not build the actual trucks, merely high quality aftermarket parts for them, yes, inevitably some will end up looking like a 'rip off'.
bottom line is Dethlof has failed to deliver and it is good that someone else stepped up. . If you guys deliver you should do well.

LongDongHemi

Reaction score
Heck yeah. So glad someone has an actual physical product. I can't wait to get my order in for ALL of the GODZ skids. Any discounts for Forum members?

UglyViking

Reaction score
We have had this skid plate in the works since October of last year. When @MDethloff released his CAD drawings on here, we knew that your comments and other like yours would inevitably follow suit.

Now, with that in consideration, there are only so many ways to skin a cat. If you have a minute, crawl under your truck and you will quickly see that there is very limited points in which you can bolt mounts to the frame. Furthermore, the tube that stems down to the plate itself is 1. the best candidate for the job due to its great strength to size ratio and 2. can only routed in so many ways with the constrictions of the motor, headers, exhaust, transmission, axle, 4WD actuator and more.

Listen man, I get it. Nothing new under the sun, form follow function, all that jazz. All I'm saying here is that I hadn't seen anything public from y'all, Dethloff publicly shares CAD renderings then a little over a month later your design shows up. Same goes for a lot of your guys stuff.

Now, fair is fair in that I saw your intercooler guard as the first option to feature a spot for the noco plug (brilliant add) that Dethloff also includes as an option for his I believe, so that could be called out as well. My point was basically that it seems pretty nuts that you guys are always the second to show with any products. No visibility on what's going on behind the scenes, maybe you actually were working on this for that long, totally could be. Just saying the timing is freaking insane if that's the case.

Either way, you guys are currently the only ones making skids for tcase and back (although sadly no cummins support) so thats cool. Not trying to be a dick, but the optics are pretty nuts, you yourself admit.

Users who are viewing this thread