Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

el_barto

Reaction score
Just making this thread as reference for people. Mods can sticky it maybe?

I compiled a list of armor(skids, sliders, guards) that fit 2019+ Power Wagons, in addition to or as replacements to the factory underbody armor(crossmember, fuel tank skid plate, transfer case skid plate, 3-bar transfercase/driveshaft/exhaust guards).

If you know of more, post them and I’ll add it in.

I might add front bumpers since would be PW specific and there’s not a ton of options, but I’ll leave off rear bumpers since any HD rear bumper fits and there are tons of options.

Rocker Panel Protection/Rock Sliders

White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders

Maple Offroad Rock Sliders

Underbody Protection/Skid Plates

Dethloff Oil Pan/Transmission Guard (2019-2020 Only)

Maple Offroad “3-Bar” Replacement Skid Plate

Maple Offroad Front & Rear Skid Plate Cross Bar Replacements

CJC Offroad Winch/Intercooler Guard

CJC Offroad Rear Shock Shin Guards

Differential Guards/Heavy Duty Covers

Maple Offroad Front Differential Guard (3/8” Steel)

Carli Front Differential Guard (1/4” Steel)

AEV Front Differential Cover (Nodular Iron)

Purple Cranium Spider Rear Differential Guard

AEV Rear Differential Cover (Nodular Iron)

Misc
SDHQ Rear ABS Guards

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
of course try and get your hands on a Dethloff tranny skid is not easy. Seems like someone else would jump on the band wagon and start making these.

el_barto

Reaction score
of course try and get your hands on a Dethloff tranny skid is not easy. Seems like someone else would jump on the band wagon and start making these.
Yeah I managed to get one last summer when they first released. Took a long time to get it but very nice piece , and puts my mind at ease that the oil Pan/drain and transmission are protected.

jadmt

Reaction score
Yeah I managed to get one last summer when they first released. Took a long time to get it but very nice piece , and puts my mind at ease that the oil Pan/drain and transmission are protected.
I have one too. Just can't believe someone else is not making them

jadmt

Reaction score
good looking front diff guard. I have an AEV rear cover and thought about getting a front but might go with the Carli guard instead.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
good looking front diff guard. I have an AEV rear cover and thought about getting a front but might go with the Carli guard instead.
I can say that the carli unit is a very good insurance policy. Mine has a good sized dent from my trip to drummond island that seemed to protect the diff from a good hit.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
If I had that CJC winch/intercooler guard on my truck it would gotten ripped off the truck by now. Maybe if it mounted on the inside of the bumper and didn't have the vent holes (for gas trucks).

I need to order those CJC rear shock guards.

Wobly

Reaction score
The Dethloff transmission skid plate does not fit the 2021 Power Wagon. There are two "scab plates" welded on the frame that block installation. I went through this with Marcus and he has to redesign it for the 21's. I actually had one shipped to me and had to return it. I was very tempted to see what I could figure out while I had it in hand.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I don't know if any of these do fit the power wagon, but I have their engine/trans skid plate and their def tank skid plate and like them.

el_barto

Reaction score
I don't know if any of these do fit the power wagon, but I have their engine/trans skid plate and their def tank skid plate and like them.
Interesting...haven’t heard of Asfir before.

Looks like most of the products for 2019+ Rams are going to be Diesel-only. The transfer case and fuel tank skids might fit, but the power wagon comes with them already.

The front “radiator” skid looks like it would fit as well since it seems to mount to the compatibility brackets...but not sure what it would really be protecting there, on power wagons I think everything is tucked pretty high above the frame at the front of the truck.

I’ll be keeping my eyes on this company though.

Attachments

• F09E3031-B9B7-4CB8-B3F9-33E4E018B98F.jpeg
    F09E3031-B9B7-4CB8-B3F9-33E4E018B98F.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 60DDA9F3-FFC6-4BC7-BBC5-D91F43F03C62.jpeg
    60DDA9F3-FFC6-4BC7-BBC5-D91F43F03C62.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 3C6199E6-F621-4BA1-9FBC-68FDFF23E5DC.jpeg
    3C6199E6-F621-4BA1-9FBC-68FDFF23E5DC.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 110

el_barto

Reaction score
The Dethloff transmission skid plate does not fit the 2021 Power Wagon. There are two "scab plates" welded on the frame that block installation. I went through this with Marcus and he has to redesign it for the 21's. I actually had one shipped to me and had to return it. I was very tempted to see what I could figure out while I had it in hand.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That’s a bummer, but thanks for sharing. Added note to original post that the Dethloff is for 19 and 20 MY only. I’ll add a new line or update post when they list new version for 2021+

Wobly

Reaction score
I can add that if you are around the Denver, CO area and need sliders, Loren Byers at First Choice Fabrication http://www.303welding.com/ is the guy to go to. He did mine and I am very happy with them! He welds them on instead of bolt/clamp assemblies like WKOR and Maple.

Attachments

• Sliders Alpine Loop.jpg
    Sliders Alpine Loop.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Carli diff guard installed this morning, existing dethloff oilpan/trans guard and white knuckle sliders visible aft:View attachment 18666
Did you have to make modifications at all? On the Carli website it said “Power wagons may need modifications to diff guard or diff housing” mine should be arriving today but figured should ask before I tackled the install.

el_barto

Reaction score
Did you have to make modifications at all? On the Carli website it said “Power wagons may need modifications to diff guard or diff housing” mine should be arriving today but figured should ask before I tackled the install.
nope, quick and easy to install, no modifications needed on my 2019.
Just make sure you have all the sockets and impact handy so you can be quick about installing it once you start loosening the bolts. I lost a bit more fluid than expected (still, not much) because I had to get up and go find another tool after I had already broken all the bolts.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Awesome! Was trying to mentally prepare myself for grinding and cutting, which I prefer not to do! Thank you for the advise!

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Quickest mod/install ever! 6 bolts total (13mm for the new and 10mm oem) and less than 10min later. Luckily didnt spill a drop (or maybe unlucky if theres no fluid in there hmmmmm). Unit is beefy and protects the front and bottom.

FA7AF804-4755-4FC0-B924-DF17808662E2.jpeg
301C43BE-A58F-4DB8-A7D7-6503A7E7C16A.jpeg
8544A6B5-E0BB-4536-87EE-DC33A1113403.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread