Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

MDethloff

Reaction score
What are the chances I’ll be able to get one of these in Boise before March? I’d really like to avoid having to pay a local shop to do completely custom for me, but I’ve got a long cross country trip starting then and I have a lot of “fun” detours planned along the way. I need that oil pan protected!
End of Feb will be tight for the first production run, shooting you a PM.

I've had a few people ask me to do a pre-order. It would certainly help to have the skids allocated when they're ready so they can get a label slapped on them and they get sent straight out the door instead of into inventory first.

Would you rather I let you know when they're in stock, or do you guys want to do a pre-order so you have a guaranteed kit in the first batch and I know how many are allocated off the bat?

jetrinka

Reaction score

I've had a few people ask me to do a pre-order. It would certainly help to have the skids allocated when they're ready so they can get a label slapped on them and they get sent straight out the door instead of into inventory first.

Would you rather I let you know when they're in stock, or do you guys want to do a pre-order so you have a guaranteed kit in the first batch and I know how many are allocated off the bat?
I'd be down for a pre-order

UglyViking

Reaction score
@MDethloff I'd be down for a pre-order as soon as you've confirmed fitment on the final "production" run. I would love to have one of the first batch, but I also know that sometimes Murphy has a say in how things go. So as soon as you've got some sort of "guaranteed" fitment for the Cummins boys, let me know and you'll get my money.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

Should be on your list to email…will be on it like D Kong when available.
This skid covers the crossover pipe?…mine has already been bonked a bit.

MDethloff

Reaction score
@MDethloff I'd be down for a pre-order as soon as you've confirmed fitment on the final "production" run. I would love to have one of the first batch, but I also know that sometimes Murphy has a say in how things go. So as soon as you've got some sort of "guaranteed" fitment for the Cummins boys, let me know and you'll get my money.
Yeah Step 1 is it has to work haha! If I do a preorder it won't be until after the parts are squared away, I need it to be ready for primetime and I want you guys to know exactly what you're getting.
Should be on your list to email…will be on it like D Kong when available.
This skid covers the crossover pipe?…mine has already been bonked a bit.
Correct this protects the crossover pipe, the transmission cooling lines, transmission shift linkage, transmission pan and engine oil pan.

jetrinka

Reaction score
What is the approximate weight of the skid?

Docwagon1776

Reaction score

Maybe. Depending on price, weight, if it works with White Knuckle sliders installed. Whatever happened to the chin plate with lights? Is that going to be compatible if it's ever a thing?

Would pre-order just mean put your name in the hat or would it require a deposit? Nothing personal, but given the rather fluid timelines involved historically that would impact my decision as well.

Hibiki54

Reaction score

When you have a finished product that is production ready, will you be going down the list and contacting people who have been waiting for well over a year for the product?

MDethloff

Reaction score
Maybe. Depending on price, weight, if it works with White Knuckle sliders installed. Whatever happened to the chin plate with lights? Is that going to be compatible if it's ever a thing?

Would pre-order just mean put your name in the hat or would it require a deposit? Nothing personal, but given the rather fluid timelines involved historically that would impact my decision as well.
It will be 100% compatible with rock sliders, that is a baseline requirement.

I have some final tweaks to do on the Intercooler/Winch guard & light system - I made these skid plates the priority. The next day I can get to spend with that system I'll get it wrapped up. There are some elements with bigger lead times on the skid plates, I want them to be moving ahead in a material sense. They will both be 100% compatible together.

We already have the contact list giving priority to people in that sense, the guys that have been on it are getting access first. I'm thinking on the idea of pre-orders.

You're 100% right, I never had the first generation in stock and lead times varied on them. They were a pain in the butt to produce and it was a major bottleneck. As much as it sucked, I had to stop making them so I could develop something better with an understanding of the quantity they needed to be made in. The Gen2 does not have the production bottlenecks that the first generation did.

When you have a finished product that is production ready, will you be going down the list and contacting people who have been waiting for well over a year for the product?
Whether or not I do pre-orders, I will go through the contact list in batches first before it's open for public sale. The guys who put their names down get first dibs in order of when they got on the list. Everybody on the list is gonna get a heads up!

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
What do you guys think?….. @GODZ_MFG
Will they work with White Knuckles? Can’t tell for sure by looking at pics, but don’t think so.

These are confirmed to fit with White Knuckle Offroad Sliders and also Maple Offroad Sliders!

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
They look good, and I’d hoped it would cover the plastic transmission pan, but the website description states “transfer case tail housing and upper driveshaft”. Too bad, I’d have ordered immediately.

We expect ordering to go live for our transmission/oil pan skid as well as an aluminum gas tank skid for the power wagons by the end of the month!

el_barto

Reaction score
We expect ordering to go live for our transmission/oil pan skid as well as an aluminum gas tank skid for the power wagons by the end of the month!
What’s the advantage of aluminum fuel tank skid plate over the factory steel one? Other than weight but that seems silly to worry about on these trucks lol

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
What’s the advantage of aluminum fuel tank skid plate over the factory steel one? Other than weight but that seems silly to worry about on these trucks lol

Weight is one advantage.

To be 100% transparent, we are doing it mostly because we have had a few reach out with non-power wagons that don’t have skids, we have also had a few reach out with bent factory skids.

Additionally our fuel skid will reach fully forward to the cross member where our current skids end allowing for a full, smooth, underbelly.

Keith67

Reaction score
Whether or not I do pre-orders, I will go through the contact list in batches first before it's open for public sale. The guys who put their names down get first dibs in order of when they got on the list. Everybody on the list is gonna get a heads up!
I emailed you back in May 2023. Not sure if I’m on the list but I’m looking forward to ordering one! Thanks for your work on these.

Users who are viewing this thread