Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I added this rear dif armor from Purple Crainium.View attachment 63354
This rock guard looks awesome and beefy!
I'm definitely gonna get these for the front & rear of my PW. Just wanted to see if any of you guys can confirm the ones listed below should fit my truck front & rear. Mainly because the description says that the 9.25 rock guard fits "on some 2014-Present Dodge Ram 2500."
PurpleCranium-9.25FrontDiffArmor.JPG
PurpleCranium-11.5RearDiffArmor.JPG

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
This rock guard looks awesome and beefy!
I'm definitely gonna get these for the front & rear of my PW. Just wanted to see if any of you guys can confirm the ones listed below should fit my truck front & rear. Mainly because the description says that the 9.25 rock guard fits "on some 2014-Present Dodge Ram 2500."
View attachment 63431
View attachment 63432
There are photos on the site for identifying the covers on your truck…which guard will fit what axle.
If nothing else call the guy, very helpful.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Carli looks a lot more subtle (and stronger) imho.
Yeah I've got the Carli on the front of mine. Felt the front diff kiss a rock on some forest service roads one time. Got out and looked and it just put a scrape mark on the bottom of the housing. Ordered the Carli when I got home LOL

MDethloff

Reaction score
Purple Cranium and Carli are both awesome. Very robust guards, I don't think I've seen either one fail short of a few times seeing someone take such a hit that they sheared all the mounting bolts. I know more than a few guys that removed the center 'spider' from the PC.

Sasquatch628

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post and wanted to update this thread. SOB FABRICATION out of Nogal/ruidoso, NM just got done with my front bumper, dual Swingout rear, and sliders that I wanted to share.

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    975.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    660.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5640.jpeg
    IMG_5640.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    785.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231002_131924.jpeg
    20231002_131924.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 50
  • image000003.jpeg
    image000003.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 51

UglyViking

Reaction score
Looks really good. That front bumper is insanely aggressive, you can really attack some rocks with that thing. I dig the rear bumper a lot, but no hitch? Is there a hitch mounting point behind the plate or just nothing?

I wish the rear bumper had better looking mounting latches and something for the bolt for the swingout. It's not horrible, it just looks a little unfinished.

Sasquatch628

Reaction score
Looks really good. That front bumper is insanely aggressive, you can really attack some rocks with that thing. I dig the rear bumper a lot, but no hitch? Is there a hitch mounting point behind the plate or just nothing?

I wish the rear bumper had better looking mounting latches and something for the bolt for the swingout. It's not horrible, it just looks a little unfinished.

Thanks! Front bumper is simple, and effective. Rear has everything tucked under the plate. 7pin and hitch. Goal was to be as high clearance as possible on both. The rear itself gave about 10” clearance at bedside over stock, 8” at the hitch.

Are you talking about the cam latches? All is pretty standard for dual swingouts style wise but appreciate the input!

UglyViking

Reaction score
Are you talking about the cam latches? All is pretty standard for dual swingouts style wise but appreciate the input!
Yeah, the cam latches. I get they are a standard latch design, but (at least to me) it looks kind of slapped on. If you compare that latch style to something like the ultralatch by rigd, or the latching system from expedition one, it just doesn't flow as well. Maybe as simple as them being coated black?

As for the bolts. I'm specifically meaning the pivot point of the swingout. Again, comparing to Expo ones spindle design, it just looks a little unfinished. I'm unsure the pros and cons of spindle vs whatever this style is called, but I imagine cost and complexity are the two biggest factors.

Again, overall this is a fantastic looking product, and hear nothing but good things about SOB. I do wish they had a website, as it would be easier to explore.

I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do for a bed setup myself, but I'll leave that for another thread…

Sasquatch628

Reaction score
Yeah, the cam latches. I get they are a standard latch design, but (at least to me) it looks kind of slapped on. If you compare that latch style to something like the ultralatch by rigd, or the latching system from expedition one, it just doesn't flow as well. Maybe as simple as them being coated black?

As for the bolts. I'm specifically meaning the pivot point of the swingout. Again, comparing to Expo ones spindle design, it just looks a little unfinished. I'm unsure the pros and cons of spindle vs whatever this style is called, but I imagine cost and complexity are the two biggest factors.

Again, overall this is a fantastic looking product, and hear nothing but good things about SOB. I do wish they had a website, as it would be easier to explore.

I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do for a bed setup myself, but I'll leave that for another thread…

Oh yeah, I see what you’re saying for sure. I’ve been thinking about switching them up to the billet e3machine latches. Not sure how far I want to go on that. More a function over looks type guy. But there are some sweet options out there.

Side note on the bumpers: front bumper is made for baja designs squadron-r, s1 in the wing then is tapped for any of the lp6-9 style lights up top. Rear is setup for the flush mount s2’s.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post and wanted to update this thread. SOB FABRICATION out of Nogal/ruidoso, NM just got done with my front bumper, dual Swingout rear, and sliders that I wanted to share.
Get some pics of the rear bumper? Frame attachment and supports?

Users who are viewing this thread