Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recalls on Canadian truck imported to the US - can´t be set as done?

Reaction score
I have a question about recalls. Back in 2016 I bought a 2015 3500 Cummins truck in Canada. Imported it and has been registered with me since then in the US. I received a few recalls with the truck. All but one have been taken care of by the local dealer in Maine. The last recall, I have the parts, just waiting to get them put on.

1. Tail gate potentially opening by itself: Had this fixed with this little rubber isloator.
2. Steering drag link jam nut coming loose: Not relevant, as I have upgraded AEV steering on the truck. Dealer agreed to mark it as done.
3. Water pump: I checekd and unfortunately I have the water pump that needs to get replaced. Dealer ordered the part. I have it laying in the truck, just waiting to be put in.

Checking the VIN this morning, all 3 recalls still apear as not done/open. Called the dealer and he said that since it is a Canadian truck he cannot reset the recalls.
I notified RAM Canada that the truck has been sold in Canada, imported to the US and is registered in the US now 3 years back or so. I thought that is engough for them to transfer it to RAM US. But it seems not to be the case.

Does anybody know how to handle this or have any experience on how to transfer the truck from Canada to the US properly, so that a dealer in the US can clear recalls? NHTSA brings the VIN up fine.

Any advice or help would be great, as I´d like these recalls to show up as done!

Thanks!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a question about recalls. Back in 2016 I bought a 2015 3500 Cummins truck in Canada. Imported it and has been registered with me since then in the US. I received a few recalls with the truck. All but one have been taken care of by the local dealer in Maine. The last recall, I have the parts, just waiting to get them put on.

1. Tail gate potentially opening by itself: Had this fixed with this little rubber isloator.
2. Steering drag link jam nut coming loose: Not relevant, as I have upgraded AEV steering on the truck. Dealer agreed to mark it as done.
3. Water pump: I checekd and unfortunately I have the water pump that needs to get replaced. Dealer ordered the part. I have it laying in the truck, just waiting to be put in.

Checking the VIN this morning, all 3 recalls still apear as not done/open. Called the dealer and he said that since it is a Canadian truck he cannot reset the recalls.
I notified RAM Canada that the truck has been sold in Canada, imported to the US and is registered in the US now 3 years back or so. I thought that is engough for them to transfer it to RAM US. But it seems not to be the case.

Does anybody know how to handle this or have any experience on how to transfer the truck from Canada to the US properly, so that a dealer in the US can clear recalls? NHTSA brings the VIN up fine.

Any advice or help would be great, as I´d like these recalls to show up as done!

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
Thank you very much William. I have reached out to you via PM. I appreciate the support.

Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread