Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recall Z20?

Wobly

Reaction score
Yup. Ran into it yesterday when I went to get my oil changed. The recall came out on 16 March. The service writer couldn't schedule me since it said "No parts available" but it looks like a module flash.
6e0ede6b3da92f4b17e2fc32090d37ea.jpg

cdd8dff12ad0d2d64bda0651b73d32ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mcarey

Reaction score

CharlieL

Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Yep...I got a notification email from NHTSA since I registered both of my vehicles with them. Checked the Mopar Owners site and it verified the recall with "parts unavailable".

St.Pete Ron

Reaction score
Talked to FCA today that recall and the fuel pump recall are to be out by late April I was told.

spinned

Reaction score
Just checked my VIN at the NHTSA website and my truck (Due to arrive 4-14) will be recalled. I saw on another forum that the dealer can’t sell the truck until it is corrected. The NHTSA site says “Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available”. I am not thrilled that my ordered truck may get mothballed on a lot somewhere waiting for a cure… or to be vandalized.

Check yours here:

Uhohfiveoh

Reaction score
My truck was built February 17th, and it’s still sitting at the plant “on hold.” It’s also on the recall list. Pretty ridiculous tbh…

Swrock

Reaction score
Dealer called and told me about the recall today. Said dont bring it in yet because parts aren't available yet. Then she checked and said go ahead and bring it, takes about an hour, they can do it with an update. Leaving in the morning to go on a camping trip, may take it when I get back.

jadmt

Reaction score
Dealer called and told me about the recall today. Said dont bring it in yet because parts aren't available yet. Then she checked and said go ahead and bring it, takes about an hour, they can do it with an update. Leaving in the morning to go on a camping trip, may take it when I get back.
that makes the most sense since it is simply a software update. Not sure why they say no parts available.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
that makes the most sense since it is simply a software update. Not sure why they say no parts available.
The “parts” would have been the software update, which wasn’t available yet when they made the initial recall announcement.
Here is the newly revised recall that will start getting sent out:

JimKIII

Reaction score
I just talked to a dealer in Bellevue, WA, minutes ago and they said they weren't given the means nor the go-ahead to schedule appts for the fix....even though its a software fix. They know about the recall, but aren't scheduling appts until given the go-ahead.

Then I called another dealer in Kirkland, WA and they have no notice of the recall yet.

OK......so we just keep driving even thought the recall states, 'Unexpected performance of the ESC system with no warning to the driver can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.'

Is this a lawsuit in the making?

jadmt

Reaction score
I just talked to a dealer in Bellevue, WA, minutes ago and they said they weren't given the means nor the go-ahead to schedule appts for the fix....even though its a software fix. They know about the recall, but aren't scheduling appts until given the go-ahead.

Then I called another dealer in Kirkland, WA and they have no notice of the recall yet.

OK......so we just keep driving even thought the recall states, 'Unexpected performance of the ESC system with no warning to the driver can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.'

pretty sure it only affects the little light on your dash not displaying that your traction control is kicked in..Most likely the seat of your pants will tell you that traction control is working....I went out to test mine and my dash lights light up when traction control is working..

JimKIII

Reaction score
pretty sure it only affects the little light on your dash not displaying that your traction control is kicked in..Most likely the seat of your pants will tell you that traction control is working....I went out to test mine and my dash lights light up when traction control is working..
Yeh, I was mainly being tongue-in-cheek. But it's still pretty poor when a software recall is announced before the dealers are able to deal with it. But that's not my world so I'm not fretting about it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Traction control and electronic stability control are two entirely different systems. In the case of the recall, it is that the ESC system might be disabled without setting off the MIL.

spinned

Reaction score
Dealers can’t sell any affected new inventory trucks from their lots until they are fixed.

Attachments

• 2FE369B5-B8A8-493F-815F-019899CD75D0.jpeg
    2FE369B5-B8A8-493F-815F-019899CD75D0.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 21

mcarey

Reaction score

To be fair, the problem has existed since you've owned the truck - even long before, if you just got it. I've yet to hear about these trucks unexpectedly crashing.

I wouldn't be all that concerned. I'll hopefully get it done with my next oil change. If not, there's always the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread