Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

D

Deleted member 80

Correct. These are two different pathways. The recall in this thread is the 68 trucks with the trans and oil issue that can start a fire.

When it comes to the HO trucks the dealers are expecting an ECM and TCM update by the end of Q1 of this year so by the end of next month. This will be a TSB but maybe a recall for the HO trucks.

They originally did a TCM update that was not favorable so they are going after an ECM update and marrying that with the TCM so it will be an extensive two part flash.

The tech at my dealer and I have been chatting for a while and he has put me “on the list” of people to call to test out the first release of it.

We are doing the same thing with the body mounts for the grinding noise and looking into the testing of the parts on the clunk/thud everyone has been describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I had a proactive dealer to work with. Most of the time I have to bring a copy of a TSB in, and rub their nose in it. They don't stay on top of things at all.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I wish I had a proactive dealer to work with. Most of the time I have to bring a copy of a TSB in, and rub their nose in it. They don't stay on top of things at all.

I’ll be honest, it was the same for me. It didn’t change until I showed that I appreciate their time and their effort on my truck. From the advisor to the techs just simple thank you and engagement with them in a way that shows them you’re not a fool helps.
I owe a lot to my service advisor as he has been a good one overall.

Texted me this morning and told me he had a 3500 loaner diesel for me while they replace my cab mounts today and tomorrow when I pick up.

Stuff like that helps.

D

Deleted member 80

I’ll be honest, it was the same for me. It didn’t change until I showed that I appreciate their time and their effort on my truck. From the advisor to the techs just simple thank you and engagement with them in a way that shows them you’re not a fool helps.
I owe a lot to my service advisor as he has been a good one overall.

Texted me this morning and told me he had a 3500 loaner diesel for me while they replace my cab mounts today and tomorrow when I pick up.

Stuff like that helps.

I agree 100%, and, having been in service and retail myself my whole life, I am a very understanding customer, but these folks just don't care.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I agree 100%, and, having been in service and retail myself my whole life, I am a very understanding customer, but these folks just don't care.

I hope it gets better. I had to switch dealers. I got lucky cause this is the last one in the area

fao1

Reaction score
As i understand recall w03 is for transmisson spitting oil and catching truck on fire!
And recall VB6 is a flash that adress alot of issue . And mainly cured my jerking issue that was anoying as hell! It correct the internal control module torque calculation performance!

But as someone said earlier yes the truck feel a little bit detuned

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. These are two different pathways. The recall in this thread is the 68 trucks with the trans and oil issue that can start a fire.

When it comes to the HO trucks the dealers are expecting an ECM and TCM update by the end of Q1 of this year so by the end of next month. This will be a TSB but maybe a recall for the HO trucks.

They originally did a TCM update that was not favorable so they are going after an ECM update and marrying that with the TCM so it will be an extensive two part flash.

The tech at my dealer and I have been chatting for a while and he has put me “on the list” of people to call to test out the first release of it.

We are doing the same thing with the body mounts for the grinding noise and looking into the testing of the parts on the clunk/thud everyone has been describing.

Can you please make sure to be a beta tester for the 12" UConnect updates too?

LOL

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Can you please make sure to be a beta tester for the 12" UConnect updates too?

LOL

You’ll have to count me out on that. I’m all about the 8.4” life lol

labjr1

Reaction score
VB6 is definitely for the HO with AISIN. Not the transmission issue. I just received my recall notice today for my 2019 3500 HO with Aisin. My problem with it is they say they will reprogram the PCM but they give no indications on what that reprogramming will do to performance or mileage.

mawidc

Reaction score
I do not have the HO and I received a recall notice today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

startrek

Reaction score
I will not allow the diesel engine calibration on mine, they did one on my 2015 I believe and my mileage went from 19 to 15 mpg. They need to get this stuff worked out before they sell them, why buy a truck with an expectation only to have Ram detune or reduce the capability.

D

Deleted member 80

The HO mpg is already less than stellar, so it better not go down.

justlkn

Reaction score
VB6 is definitely for the HO with AISIN. Not the transmission issue. I just received my recall notice today for my 2019 3500 HO with Aisin. My problem with it is they say they will reprogram the PCM but they give no indications on what that reprogramming will do to performance or mileage.

Received mine in the mail too today. I also have the HO and Aisin transmission.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Got mine today. Looks like the Q1 recall is out

bigcitymike

Reaction score
It say's "The engine control software in your vehicle must be modified with a new calibration to improve emission control performance." I've attached my notice for review.

I've googled around a bit, and can't seem to locate much on the recall.

Attachments

• 20200308_FCA_VB6_Recall.jpg
    20200308_FCA_VB6_Recall.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 56

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There are no recalls or campaigns showing on the Mopar page for my (inbound) 2020 3500 HO/Aisin.

Users who are viewing this thread