Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration

Burton12387

Reaction score
Had this new campaign recall pop up for my truck, but can't find any additional information on it yet.

VB6 - 2019 DJ D2 Diesel Engine Calibration.

D

Deleted member 80

Hmmmm... all I could dig up so far was an FCA list of campaigns, which referred to it as "Federal Emissions". They better not be going to de-tune my Cummins.

chap442

Reaction score
Called dealer and they said it is a software update and they do not have parts for the trans recall yet

D

Deleted member 80

If my truck is involved, I will hold out on this until enough people have it done, and can say whether performance is hampered, or not.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Is this for the HO too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Called dealer and they said it is a software update and they do not have parts for the trans recall yet
If my truck is involved, I will hold out on this until enough people have it done, and can say whether performance is hampered, or not.

Hello all. VB6 is part of the recall for the Transmission Valve Body and will be performed at the same time. We do recommend scheduling an appointment as soon as possible to address this. If anyone needs assistance, please send a private message!

Kate
RamCares

D

Deleted member 80

Hello all. VB6 is part of the recall for the Transmission Valve Body and will be performed at the same time. We do recommend scheduling an appointment as soon as possible to address this. If anyone needs assistance, please send a private message!

Kate
RamCares
So an HO Cummins with Aisin is not included in this?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
So an HO Cummins with Aisin is not included in this?

Correct it is NOT apart of this recall however there is an ECM and TCM flashing coming by the end of the 1st quarter.

CurtJ

Reaction score

Kate
RamCares
Just left my dealer and was told no parts available. Now I’m scared to death to pull my trailer with my Harley’s in it for fear it’s gonna catch on fire! So much for my winter trip to Fla! Thought when I bought this one my troubles were over, guess they are just starting again!.........:-(((

flan

Reaction score
Just left my dealer and was told no parts available. Now I’m scared to death to pull my trailer with my Harley’s in it for fear it’s gonna catch on fire! So much for my winter trip to Fla! Thought when I bought this one my troubles were over, guess they are just starting again!.........:-(((
I’ve towed 8k for hours on end, and climbed a ski resort maintenance road to 4000’ trans temps around 210 degrees and did not exhibit and trans fluid puking out. I’d make sure the dipstick is pushed in and enjoy your trip. Oh, and carry a fire extinguisher just in case! ;)

CurtJ

Reaction score
I’ve towed 8k for hours on end, and climbed a ski resort maintenance road to 4000’ trans temps around 210 degrees and did not exhibit and trans fluid puking out. I’d make sure the dipstick is pushed in and enjoy your trip. Oh, and carry a fire extinguisher just in case! ;)
Thanks for the info!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!! That does make me feel a bit better hearing that. I sure don’t need this thing going down in flames on I-75 with 2 bikes in the trailer........:-/ Great idea on the fire extinguisher:cool:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

Hey, Curt. At this time, you are still able to drive your vehicle until your recall is repaired. While driving, we recommend frequently monitoring the transmission temperature while in operation using the gauges available on the instrument cluster. If transmission temperature exceeds 210°F, immediately proceed to a safe location to park the vehicle and allow the transmission temperature to cool to less than 190°F. We hope this helps.

Kate
RamCares

D

Deleted member 80

Hard shift and driveline complaints Along with high elevation operations.

Thank goodness!!! I hope they finally get this HO/Aisin combo working as it should. Hopefully, somone will post up when they are released. Thank you, Nordic Nevs!

CurtJ

Reaction score
Hey, Curt. At this time, you are still able to drive your vehicle until your recall is repaired. While driving, we recommend frequently monitoring the transmission temperature while in operation using the gauges available on the instrument cluster. If transmission temperature exceeds 210°F, immediately proceed to a safe location to park the vehicle and allow the transmission temperature to cool to less than 190°F. We hope this helps.

Kate
RamCares
Thank you so much for this info!!!! I will do just that!!!!!

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Correct it is NOT apart of this recall however there is an ECM and TCM flashing coming by the end of the 1st quarter.
Different than this?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Different than this?

Correct. These are two different pathways. The recall in this thread is the 68 trucks with the trans and oil issue that can start a fire.

When it comes to the HO trucks the dealers are expecting an ECM and TCM update by the end of Q1 of this year so by the end of next month. This will be a TSB but maybe a recall for the HO trucks.

They originally did a TCM update that was not favorable so they are going after an ECM update and marrying that with the TCM so it will be an extensive two part flash.

The tech at my dealer and I have been chatting for a while and he has put me “on the list” of people to call to test out the first release of it.

We are doing the same thing with the body mounts for the grinding noise and looking into the testing of the parts on the clunk/thud everyone has been describing.

Users who are viewing this thread