Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rear seat protectors for dogs

Distillusion

Reaction score
Why not just rivet a piano hinge in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That also occured to me but it would require more than just a small slit. Or else the rivets would be going through the carpet and visible. Plus I haven't slit it open yet to determine what kind of material it is. If it's some sort of fiberboard, for example, rivets wouldn't last long, either.

Marshfly

Reaction score
That also occured to me but it would require more than just a small slit. Or else the rivets would be going through the carpet and visible. Plus I haven't slit it open yet to determine what kind of material it is. If it's some sort of fiberboard, for example, rivets wouldn't last long, either.

Black rivets. Black washers. Very unnoticeable.

Try McMaster Carr.

ultrascott

Reaction score
If you're talking about the fold flat floor, see the attached parts page. This is for crew cab 2500/3500 with black floors. If you need another color, let me know. View attachment 2652

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
yes I think this is what I need.is it a kit or do I have to buy them separately? if a kit do you have the part number? thanks

g33k247

Reaction score
I use these Carhartt branded covers I got on Amazon:
Carhartt SeatSaver Second Row Custom Fit Seat Cover for Select Ram Models - Duck Weave (Gravel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IG2H86I/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_etxnEbQ6AX7T0

I had the same on my 2014 1500 rear seats and the seat underneath looked like new when I sold the truck.

The set in my 2500 not only protects from the dog hair and dirt, but they also saved the seat from a leaking ball point pen!

Last edited:

Distillusion

Reaction score
Black rivets. Black washers. Very unnoticeable.

Try McMaster Carr.

First, I need to slit one edge and figure out what's inside. It will wait till spring. :)

BEIS

Reaction score
I've used CanvasBack Liners in my trucks/vehicles in the past - and they are outstanding! These covers are waterproof and clean very easily. They are stitched and form fit to the backs of seats/floorboards. They are held onto the carpet with high-strength Velcro. I can't speak more highly of this company.

They have liners available for the Ram Mega Cab for 2010-2018: https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/dodge-ram-mega-cab-2500-3000-5-seater.html

And the 1500/2500/3500 crew cab for 2010-2018: https://www.canvasback.com/index.php/dodge-ram-crew-cargo-liner-13555.html

Not sure if the Mega Cab for 2010-2018 rear interior is the same as the new gen.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I agree with those who’ve said there’s not much you can do other than vacuum frequently. I supplement with a roller tape thingy, we buy them in bulk at Costco. I bought a seat cover at Duluth Trading, it’s nice but our dog kept getting tangled up in it. He’s a 90 lb Boxer/Shepherd mix and determined to sit in the wife’s lap. He kept slipping off the seat into the floorboard so I took the cover out and deployed the fold flat. We put blankets down on but it wrinkles up when he decides to go through his routine of walking a circle 3 times and then scratching/bunching the bedding materials up before he lays down.

Hot tip - I also carry a spray bottle of glass cleaner and cloth to clean the snotty nose prints and slobber off the windows...and sometimes off me too !!

Phil T

Reaction score
I agree with those who’ve said there’s not much you can do other than vacuum frequently. I supplement with a roller tape thingy, we buy them in bulk at Costco. I bought a seat cover at Duluth Trading, it’s nice but our dog kept getting tangled up in it. He’s a 90 lb Boxer/Shepherd mix and determined to sit in the wife’s lap. He kept slipping off the seat into the floorboard so I took the cover out and deployed the fold flat. We put blankets down on but it wrinkles up when he decides to go through his routine of walking a circle 3 times and then scratching/bunching the bedding materials up before he lays down.

Hot tip - I also carry a spray bottle of glass cleaner and cloth to clean the snotty nose prints and slobber off the windows...and sometimes off me too !!
That's called dog art!

Tsubasa10

Reaction score
I was using a beach towel but dog hair getting stuck in it so it's so hard to remove after a trip. And if you are not using a seat belt it's a total mess really...

I bought a seat cover from Chewy last year and it was a huge relief. My wife bought this one 5 months ago and it also serves pretty well. But I still do recommend to use a rubber to remove the hair afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread