Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rear bumper parking sensor with drop hitch

QCHunter

Reaction score
I have a 8” drop hitch and it doesn’t trigger the back up alert either. I have my sensors set to the mid level.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. I have a 4" drop hitch in my receiver and it does not trigger my backup alert??
My 6” fixed drop wont but my 8” adjustable sometimes will trigger it not all the time

QCHunter

Reaction score
There is no way to do that on my truck only the volume... does your have it?
I have the 8.4” Uconnect and in the settings icon you navigate to the setting for the parking sensors. I can adjust the front and rear sensors with 3 settings (low, medium and high sensitivity).

yarnellm

Reaction score
I have an Equalizer weight distribution hitch and it will trigger the park sensor even though the sensors are turned off...…..very distracting when aligning the ball over the tongue of the trailer with the rear camera...…...why does it beep even though the system is turned off?

Jackb60

Reaction score
I have a 6 inch drop and my sensors beep. I just shut them off. I’m leaving the hitch in in case I’m rear ended. It offers extra protection and will help stop a smaller car from sliding under the rear of the truck.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people leave their hitch on for an occasional use. If you tow something every few days, fine, just turn off the rear park assist.
You even tow bro?

LMAO

Its much easier just to back up and hook up...instead of go get your hitch....put it on...... then hook up. And dont tell me you can leave it in the bed of the truck sliding around banging the bed walls.

I leave both my front and rear sensors off all the time anyway...those sensors are for man buns.:D

MegaStro

Reaction score
I have a 6" stow and go from B&W, the first 3 weeks it did not set it off. Yesterday it started setting it off, zero changes in configuration but its constant now. Very annoying. Why it just started is beyond me.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
I have a 6" stow and go from B&W, the first 3 weeks it did not set it off. Yesterday it started setting it off, zero changes in configuration but its constant now. Very annoying. Why it just started is beyond me.
Same. First few weeks it didn’t care. Then one day it set it off and didn’t stop. Finally I just put it in the stowed position. Why it started after that amount of time is a worldly mystery.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Same. First few weeks it didn’t care. Then one day it set it off and didn’t stop. Finally I just put it in the stowed position. Why it started after that amount of time is a worldly mystery.
Its has been in the stowed position and in the 1st hole sitting pretty flush. Wonder if there was a software update? If its software driven, I dont think very highly of these engineers. Trucks normally alway have something on the hitch....

CdnHO

Reaction score
I only tow a fifth wheel but wanted some protection from the careless drivers out there. It's a real solid chunk of iron and it doesn't interfere with the rear sensors. Gotta weigh 15 pounds. Can also use as a tow hook.

IMG_2313.jpg

Last edited:

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Its has been in the stowed position and in the 1st hole sitting pretty flush. Wonder if there was a software update? If its software driven, I dont think very highly of these engineers. Trucks normally alway have something on the hitch....
Yeah. That’s pretty wild if it’s been stowed and sitting in the first hole. It’s almost hard to see in the camera in that position… I don’t think there was a software update but I have no idea honestly. Mine just did it this past weekend so I’m not sure when yours started freaking out. I had to move it Saturday night.

Grey

Reaction score
Had the same issue, bought a BW stow &Go you can rotate the ball up under when not in use, smaller profile and your hitch still attached. That solved my sensor alarm issue.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 12

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Dang. Thats exactly how I have mine now…. No alarms. Before it was switched around and fine and then it started to throw alarms…

Grey

Reaction score
I only tow a fifth wheel but wanted some protection from the careless drivers out there. It's a real solid chunk of iron and it doesn't interfere with the rear sensors. Gotta weigh 15 pounds. Can also use as a tow hook.

View attachment 66028
That is a serious hunk of Iron

batman900

Reaction score
If I turn off my rear parking sensors with the button will it stay off or turn back on next time I start the truck? Same question with turning it off in the menu. I don't care about the rears and rather keep my hitch in with sensors off.

John Jensen

Reaction score
If I turn off my rear parking sensors with the button will it stay off or turn back on next time I start the truck? Same question with turning it off in the menu. I don't care about the rears and rather keep my hitch in with sensors off.
I'm curious. why do you ask the question, why don't you just try it out on your truck?

Users who are viewing this thread