Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle Noise In Cab

Montana

Reaction score
Hello @dragon_ram!

We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these ongoing vehicle concerns and would like to offer our assistance alongside a dealer appointment. If interested please send us a private message with any relevant updates as well as your vehicle's VIN and mileage to get started. We hope to hear back!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Ram Cares
Will this ever be addressed with the 3500 Mega Cabs?
I’ve been dealing with the issue since I bought my 3500 new in 2019. Taken it to several dealers and even started a Ram Care incident. I see the TSB for 2500 but I’m sure dealer will not link to 3500 Mega Cab

Thank you

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Ram Cares
Will this ever be addressed with the 3500 Mega Cabs?
I’ve been dealing with the issue since I bought my 3500 new in 2019. Taken it to several dealers and even started a Ram Care incident. I see the TSB for 2500 but I’m sure dealer will not link to 3500 Mega Cab

Thank you
Hi @Montana ,
We have made sure to document accordingly. If you need an update on your case or help working with your case manager, please feel free to follow up with us via PM.

Rob
Ram Cares

massram

Reaction score
Had my mounts finally replaced after 3-4 dealer visits...i had the rear cab rattle and the soda can crushing sound under foot area and the solid thump coming from the right front passenger side. 2 out of the 3 seem to be gone. The front passenger thump/clunk can be felt through the whole truck frame.....dealer could not duplicate so no fix :). Ram could care less in my opinion. Never again, this after owning 4 of them. Been going on for 2 years now.

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
this is my noise right now. It sounds more of the front area for me though. It’s only when I jerk the steering wheel to the right and then back. It makes this weird ass noise. Any thoughts?

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Without any details of your truck, year, model etc it’s hard to take a guess. 4WD, any lift kits installed makes a difference.
If it were mine I would take a look at the front suspension moving parts, like shock mount bolt’s, track arm mount bolts, ball joints and any other suspension moving parts. Also check your cab mount bolts, especially the front ones.
You may be able to duplicate the noise with someone turning the steering full lock left to right at a standstill why you look and listen under the truck.
Hopefully your trucks still under warranty!
Good luck

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
found my rattle noise, finally... the coolant stand pipe seems to vibrate excessively which causes the heater hoses to carry those vibes through the firewall, which makes it sounds like it's coming from inside the dash. finally!!!

dslbrnr

Reaction score
found my rattle noise, finally... the coolant stand pipe seems to vibrate excessively which causes the heater hoses to carry those vibes through the firewall, which makes it sounds like it's coming from inside the dash. finally!!!
It's a glorious day.
Persistence pays off, Congrats!!

jakalafus

Reaction score
I can’t seem to hear the post to see if it matched mine. Was it anything like this? Mine does it turning left or right it seems. Dealer heard it and says they have no idea after 2 days of having the truck. Was told sorry.

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
My truck is a 2020 ram 2500 laramie. 38k miles. It has a level kit in the front and 18s on 35s. The video I posted is when I jerk the steering whee to the right it makes that noise. I tightened down the front cab mount and noise went away. However, noise came back after I hit a bump in the road. It continues to make that noise again, depending on bump it will fix it’s self then another bump and go back to making noise. Is it possible the bushing took a ****?

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
And the noise is coming from driver side. Right below my foot. I opened up the door while going about 5 mph and whenever I would jerk steering wheel to the right it made that noise. 100% of the time.

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Sounds like my 2020 2500 I traded in. Mine also had the cab mount thud/rattle, a rear door window that didn’t fit right, which the dealer tried and couldn’t fix. A cracked front brake rotor replaced and a terrible center dash rattle “captains seats” that the dealer tore into several times that never got fixed.
I finally got tired of dealing with it and traded it in for my current 2021 3500 that has no issues so far.
Hopefully Ram can find a cab mount fix soon and get some pride of ownership back to you all suffering. For me it was easier to trade it in and start over.
Good luck

fjcanepa07

Reaction score
Sounds like my 2020 2500 I traded in. Mine also had the cab mount thud/rattle, a rear door window that didn’t fit right, which the dealer tried and couldn’t fix. A cracked front brake rotor replaced and a terrible center dash rattle “captains seats” that the dealer tore into several times that never got fixed.
I finally got tired of dealing with it and traded it in for my current 2021 3500 that has no issues so far.
Hopefully Ram can find a cab mount fix soon and get some pride of ownership back to you all suffering. For me it was easier to trade it in and start over.
Good luck
Yeah idk, I’m my video that’s me jerking the steering wheel to right and it makes that noise going back and forth from right to left. I tightened down one of the cab mount bolts and noise went away for about 5 days and then came back and am able replicate the noise. It is at the dealer right now and they are telling me it’s not doing it. So idk man. Knowing my luck ima be stuck with this noise forever

dslbrnr

Reaction score
At least try another dealer or open a warranty case. Maybe RamCares could help lend a hand and get something done.
This is crazy, my 2014 had a cab mount recall done which fixed the problem and Ram can't seem to figure it out now!

jakalafus

Reaction score
Yeah mine is in the passenger side and my wife says she feels it in the floor. Enough of a thud her feet feel it.

kcustom

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Limited and the front and middle rubber body mounts on the pass side, there is no rubber touching the bolt and a gap of almost 3/4 inch, I have bad clunking noises. is there any insight from the group if the dealer will fix this? TIA

Ostracize

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Limited and the front and middle rubber body mounts on the pass side, there is no rubber touching the bolt and a gap of almost 3/4 inch, I have bad clunking noises. is there any insight from the group if the dealer will fix this? TIA
Put a socket on them and torque to 90 ft lbs. I pulled mine and applied threadlocker then reinstalled.
If they reach that torque without closing the gap I'd say there's a problem with the isolation mounts which the dealer should replace.

massram

Reaction score
Update;
The front issues with clunking and cracking sounds were never fixed. I was told by the dealer all body mounts were replaced under the tsb but that was a lie, the A pillar mounts were never replaced.
Of course now that we have determined the issue it is now out of warranty and I was told I have to pay for it out of pocket. even though it has been documented multiple times while under warranty.
Ram Cares was like talking to a brick wall.....they really could care less about any of it.
Complete BS and for sure my last Ram purchase in my lifetime.

Xflight29

Reaction score
T
Update;
The front issues with clunking and cracking sounds were never fixed. I was told by the dealer all body mounts were replaced under the tsb but that was a lie, the A pillar mounts were never replaced.
Of course now that we have determined the issue it is now out of warranty and I was told I have to pay for it out of pocket. even though it has been documented multiple times while under warranty.
Ram Cares was like talking to a brick wall.....they really could care less about any of it.
Complete BS and for sure my last Ram purchase in my lifetime.
Then sell it and be done with it, why come on here and bitch about it?

massram

Reaction score
Sorry for trying to let others know how ram will handle this fix. Guess you are die hard fan boy ! I guess i have to praise Ram instead of letting the truth be told.

Users who are viewing this thread