Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram's Holding Some Late November to Early December (Possibly More) Orders Due to Quality Issue (threads merged)

roegs

Reaction score
I have a 3500 CC SRW 6.7 being shipped right now. So far the dealer has been great with ETA updates. Truck arrived in Texas this past Monday am, and arrived in West Quincy MO this afternoon. Supposed to be in MN next Friday. 3/1.
Just a note that my comments above were in no way intended to rub salt in a wound. I posted as I'm amazed how close dealers are able to monitor shipping status. I'm still surprised about the lack of information you guys are able to get about your trucks.

sdu

Reaction score
Just a note that my comments above were in no way intended to rub salt in a wound. I posted as I'm amazed how close dealers are able to monitor shipping status. I'm still surprised about the lack of information you guys are able to get about your trucks.
I'm happy for you to be getting your truck soon!
My dealer has been great at keeping an open communication with me. They were able to get updates on the new ETA, just that they were kept from learning about what's wrong with the truck also.
Ram Customer Care on the other hand is a completely different story, nothing but the same false information.

Last edited:

doberman66

Reaction score
Ok, anything new with you guys on this thread? I ask because I believe I am in a similar situation but don't know because there is no information being provided for a product that is past a provided deadline. Again, it's not so much that delivery has broken a deadline but the lack of provided info on why and what is being done about it. Sorry, can't help to worry about my truck, I'm going to continue to do so. I don't go to a dealer and pick up the first vehicle there. I spend a lot of time learning, planning, making decisions, doing the pros and cons of competing makes/models, etc... In the end, I know what I want and know more of the ins-and-outs of that vehicle than most any salesman. It also means I am invested in this truck and so yes I would prefer a little bit more transparency.

For the life of me, I don't know why I haven't seen this thread until now- odd, considering I do spend a bit of time perusing the site.

Reactions: sdu

sdu

Reaction score
Ok, anything new with you guys on this thread? I ask because I believe I am in a similar situation but don't know because there is no information being provided for a product that is past a provided deadline. Again, it's not so much that delivery has broken a deadline but the lack of provided info on why and what is being done about it. Sorry, can't help to worry about my truck, I'm going to continue to do so. I don't go to a dealer and pick up the first vehicle there. I spend a lot of time learning, planning, making decisions, doing the pros and cons of competing makes/models, etc... In the end, I know what I want and know more of the ins-and-outs of that vehicle than most any salesman. It also means I am invested in this truck and so yes I would prefer a little bit more transparency.

For the life of me, I don't know why I haven't seen this thread until now- odd, considering I do spend a bit of time perusing the site.
My 1st order still hasn't arrived but my 2nd order may be shipping soon so I'm putting my hope in that.

Bulldog

Reaction score
Maybe it's possessed like Christine, they are summoning a priest from Fiats Vatican location to perform an exorcism?
The self healing abilities would pretty cool for me.. I wouldn't have to be constantly worried about my CP4 grenading!
At the speed they are fixing the remote start issue you may be right about trying an exorcism to fix problems. Six months is long time to work on a software issue with no results....pathetic.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
Not sure people know but this forum has a really nice feature. You can ignore someone and that way you don't see their posts. Makes perusing the forum much more enjoyable. All you have to do is hoover your mouse over the user's name and hit the ignore box.
This is a nice feature. I used it on some flag waving Has Been DB who fiercely defends FCA no matter what and every other truck is junk and anyone who disagrees with him is stupid. I just found another clown to ignore now too!

Last edited:

yorken99

Reaction score
I'm happy for you to be getting your truck soon!
My dealer has been great at keeping an open communication with me. They were able to get updates on the new ETA, just that they were kept from learning about what's wrong with the truck also.
Ram Customer Care on the other hand is a completely different story, nothing but the same false information.
IMO, there is a natural tension with automakers in sharing information - they want happy customers and they want to grow their business (aka not lose sales). It's very hard to create an organization with the people, tools, and policies to manage the information to optimize customer happiness in every situation.

I also commend Ram for getting the information to the dealer about the build issue. IMO, when dealing with normal, mature adults, experiences and decisions rarely get worse by sharing more information. Unfortunately, the average American is not a normal, mature adult (IMO) - resulting in reactive, non-logical decision making and potential brand damage and more customer service work for the automaker - which wouldn't be required if the information was not shared.

Combine that with the somewhat sinister subtext of the accountants and morally bankrupt executives who will sacrifce customer experience for profit. And we all know it happens - which leads to skepticism and mistrust.

So all things being equal, Ram is trying to do the right thing, IMO. And it likely shouldn't be an issue. BUT - if some a-hole exec is making decisions for their bonus and burmuda vacation, well we end up with a terrible experience. It's impossible to know - but I generally believe in this situation they are trying to do the right thing for the customer. And my opinion is worth exactly how much you paid for it.

Side note: RamCares seems to have gone downhill lately in terms of the value and information they are providing to customers......not sure what's up there.

yorken99

Reaction score
OK - I'm clearly a noob because I can't figure out how to edit my previous reply - just wanted to clarify one point: it's not just that people over-react to shared information that causes problems for our vendors - in fact, it's probably not the biggest part of their issue IMO. It's social media and even more so media in general that is looking for attention and clicks that can create problems for automakers (and any other product provider).

For example - let's say Ram shared exactly what's going on with this batch of trucks (which I think they should do btw - it will solve more problems than it causes IMO) - someone at FCA may be worried about the next news story - for example: HEADLINE: RAM ONCE AGAIN HAS MAJOR QUALITY ISSUES WITH DELIVERY IN 6.4 HEMI RAM PICKUPS!!!!!!!! - this is for illustration only of the hyperbole that Ram (or any automaker) has to worry about in situations like this.

Resulting in a strange situation where information sharing capacity has increased with technology, but companies are getting more conservative about what they share because they too can get burned.

There is no perfect or even good universal solution to this natural tension IMO.

alfaRAMeo

Reaction score

No new info on mine. My ETA is 3/15. Order date of 12/5, original delivery date of 1/22, then 2/2, then 2/5, now 3/15. RamCares said they’ll follow up with me on 3/12. I’m not expecting anything before that. The dealership won’t like me running up miles on my trade!

b307a1

Reaction score
No new info on mine. My ETA is 3/15. Order date of 12/5, original delivery date of 1/22, then 2/2, then 2/5, now 3/15. RamCares said they’ll follow up with me on 3/12. I’m not expecting anything before that. The dealership won’t like me running up miles on my trade!
It's not your fault

Millwright71

Reaction score
I am pretty much in the same boat. Order 12/16 was supposed to be delivered week of 3/11. Still at vendor in Mexico. No info, deal are is even hard to communicate with.

Pamlico Ram

Reaction score
Truck arrived at NC train depot 1/27. Sticker had original SL date of 0109, now sticker shows 0302-3. It might be getting closer.

sdu

Reaction score
Truck arrived at NC train depot 1/27. Sticker had original SL date of 0109, now sticker shows 0302-3. It might be getting closer.
Good catch! I went and checked mine it now shows 0301-3. Never thought that would change. Base price has gone up by $350 too.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
One dealer last week that I was at, checking out 2021 pricing told me that they have several 2021 HD's inbound, but Mexican cartels stole the keys for many of the new 2021 HD trucks that were waiting to ship, so new keys have to be made, thus why they're aren't many on dealer lots yet. :confused:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
One dealer last week that I was at, checking out 2021 pricing told me that they have several 2021 HD's inbound, but Mexican cartels stole the keys for many of the new 2021 HD trucks that were waiting to ship, so new keys have to be made, thus why they're aren't many on dealer lots yet. :confused:

1615140462960.png

jadmt

Reaction score
apparently it is likely a software issue.

jadmt

Reaction score
What makes you think so?
I was talking to my neighbor today who is the GM at the local RAM dealership. He said they currently have a customer who has a Jeep order sitting in the rail yard 340 miles away that can't be released. He said sometimes they get sent all the way back to Michigan but nothing they can do about it even tho it is something that should be fairly simple to fix being they know exactly what the issue is. He said every dealership has the same issues and they are as frustrated as anyone. He said the government controls some of these quality control holds not necessarily the car companies.. He also told me they were just notified the latest delay for building HD Ram trucks is seat foam shortages.

Users who are viewing this thread