Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares

Jarred

Reaction score
That's right, immersive. I bought my 2500 in August and it didn't have the bedstep installed. If yours isn't installed the dealer has it. Call them to see if they have the new parts in stock. I had mine reinstalled last week.

carlrx7

Reaction score
Was the Bed Utility Group standard in the Limited trim? I have the bedliner and led lights, but no step.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I was just looking at my Monroney sticker and saw this bed step as part of the bed utility group. So... is the answer to this FCA will be sending me a "We owe you a free bed step" letter in the mail because they needed to redesign the part and it was supposed to be included in the package?
If you got the bed utility group, it should include
Spray in bed liner
Led bed lighting
retractable bed step

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Was the Bed Utility Group standard in the Limited trim? I have the bedliner and led lights, but no step.
Sounds to me like bed steps are gonna be on back order for a while.

davis2

Reaction score
That's right, immersive. I bought my 2500 in August and it didn't have the bedstep installed. If yours isn't installed the dealer has it. Call them to see if they have the new parts in stock. I had mine reinstalled last week.
Don't know if it helps, but my wife took delivery of a built-to-serve 1500 last week, and it has the bed step

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
My bed step was removed at the dealer, so if I don't get parts and labor I have no step!
Boy, I would of been P.O. about that. I would of jumped on them to set it on the table and walk away if you want a deal. ;)

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Boy, I would of been P.O. about that. I would of jumped on them to set it on the table and walk away if you want a deal. ;)

You're an angry man @Rich...I like it!

I did not notice it was not there until I got home and the dealer is a couple hours away.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You're an angry man @Rich...I like it!

I did not notice it was not there until I got home and the dealer is a couple hours away.
:mad: those sneaky sob's. When you live to this ripe ole age, life has p!$$=d on you enough to make you a tad disgruntled. Catastrophes, bad deals, dirty people, and unforgivables takes its toll eventually. I'm just thankful to not have it as bad as allot of folks of there. Someone always has it worse, they just hide it better than I do:rolleyes:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark , just wondering if you can check on the voucher that we are supposed to get for the absence of the retractable rear bed step. Last time we talked I was informed that it would be emailed to us once the new improved design came out, and i think its been out for a wk or two now. What's the word? Thanks for your help in getting this issue resolved.
Hey mark. Touching base with you as I've not heard anything back from your end. As noted, several members have gotten there notice on the retractable bed step to bring it in to have it installed. This got me concerned because I didn't recieve an email about my promised voucher. I decided to do the chat button on the ram customer care site, carina and Maurice were very helpful, BUT, she said everythings good on her end and she doesn't undertrand why I have not gotten my voucher as they have all been sent out and that I'm entitled to recieve one free of charge and have it installed. she said to check with my dealership were I bought the vehicle and confirm that my email address on file was correct and said that when these things happen fca pulls up your file and contacts you that way. She also reiterated that my dealership was not responsible for the install and that I could go to any fca dealership. I contacted my sm who i had a great relationship with and he checked my file on hand and low and behold my email address had been made up ( probably by the finance lady that did all the paperwork) to be last name first name phone number @yahoo. Com. That was not correct at all and my sm said he fixed it and said he didn't know how that happened (hmmmmm) and then screen shotted it for me to see correction. I then chatted back into ram customer care and Maurice was helpful but said there was nothing he could do, to either wait a couple weeks to see if I get my voucher in email form , wich he said probably wouldn't happen since its already been sent to someone else via email, but to just go to any dealership and they can put in my vin and do all the legwork that way. I stated to him that no dealership is going to pursue this to the end, that they are going to hit the quick dead end and send me off and as a full time traveler I cant sit there all day hoping they can figure it out. He said hopefully now that my dealership has the correct email on file that hopefully the any dealership can access my voucher. Sounds like alot of hopefullys to me!!! Carina and Maurice both said that there were 2 different vouchers that have been pushed out pertaining to the rear retractable step. 1: for it being recalled and never installed during build or 2: lack of the product on hand during build but either way I would recieve the step for free and installed for free from any fca dealership. I asked them to escalate my case and try to get my voucher sent to me via my correct email address on file so nobody had to go through all this mess all over again as they also agreed that most dealerships are not going to be able to get all that straight, unfortunately. I look forward to hearing from you either on this thread or you can pm me for more private details. Thanks for any help that you can give..

Last edited:

Omar RVA

Reaction score
@RamCares I sent a PM but also wanting to ask about the bed step voucher. I've received nothing either. When reaching out to Ram Cares chat they told me to call an incentive number and ghosted me (case: 77234335).

OA

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
@RamCares I sent a PM but also wanting to ask about the bed step voucher. I've received nothing either.

OA
I honestly was very surprised the dealership had my email wrong on file, but my sm said that the finance lady probably just made up a mock pass word and put it down as my email address. No big deal i guess until you need to be contacted and fca looks at your file . So know my concern is my voucher was sent to the wrong email address and trying to get it straightened out will be a logistical nightmare and we all know that no dealership out there is going to do that much digging to give you something for free. Hopefully it pops up for me now that it's been corrected on file but that would take for somebody to know it's been screwed up and pushed back out to me. That would take initiative.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
I honestly was very surprised the dealership had my email wrong on file, but my sm said that the finance lady probably just made up a mock pass word and put it down as my email address. No big deal i guess until you need to be contacted and fca looks at your file . So know my concern is my voucher was sent to the wrong email address and trying to get it straightened out will be a logistical nightmare and we all know that no dealership out there is going to do that much digging to give you something for free. Hopefully it pops up for me now that it's been corrected on file but that would take for somebody to know it's been screwed up and pushed back out to me. That would take initiative.
Yeah I’m not expecting this to go smoothly. Ram cares chat has no idea and asked me to call their incentives department in hopes they know. Not a good sign considering this is was technically a warranty recall issue.

OA

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not expecting this to go smoothly. Ram cares chat has no idea and asked me to call their incentives department in hopes they know. Not a good sign considering this is was technically a warranty recall issue.

OA
I agree, and they told me to call the dealer, and get it straightened out, but then insisted the dealer I went to does not have to physically work on the truck for me, just straighten out any paperwork. So needless to say when I did that and got it corrected and chatted them back and said ok now what, it was like crickets. Then there only reply was, go to any dealership and explain to then and let them work it out. We all know how that will go.
Mark always said to let us (@RamCares) know what the dealership is or is not doing, so here we go. I'm hoping that before I go to a dealership next weak that mark can do what he has said they can do in the past, escalate the case and call ahead to the dealership of choice to get them all up to speed before I get there. If anybody can help, mark is my top pic.
Now Omar rva, I'm just curious if your screw up is the same as mine, email address. I literally had no idea because we were not lacking from anything from ram. They literally made up an email address with my last name first name last 4 digits of cell number at Yahoo. Com. They just pulled it out there @$$ and never said a word about it.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

OA
Oh, forgot to say, you mention not going smoothly. That's exactly what I told the people at ram chat. How fca held up my build in storage for over a month while they literally called me a dozen times to ask me the same question over an over again about the step. That was the most stressful part of the whole thing, people not listening and then moving ahead, nobody wanted to be accountable, this feels like that all over again. Fingers crossed, hope not.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Just a heads up, took truck in yesterday for them to look at the chirp, hesitation, warm a/c and to get in the system for my bed step (apparently the first 3 items are a figment of my imagination).

Although they said they did not have the parts when I dropped her off, to my surprise, the bed step was installed when I picked it up.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares I sent a PM but also wanting to ask about the bed step voucher. I've received nothing either. When reaching out to Ram Cares chat they told me to call an incentive number and ghosted me (case: 77234335).
Thank you for doing so, @Omar RVA! Just had a chance to respond!
I am incredibly sorry for the frustration and miscue on your dealer's part, @Rich. I have reached out to an internal resource on my end to gain further clarification regarding your situation. I will be sure to follow up with you via PM as soon as I receive additional details!

Mark
RamCares

LonghornTX

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Laramie Longhorn with pretty much all the options, it has the LED lights in the bed and sprayed in bedliner, is it supposed to have the bed step? because it doesn't. Thanks.

Jarred

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Laramie Longhorn with pretty much all the options, it has the LED lights in the bed and sprayed in bedliner, is it supposed to have the bed step? because it doesn't. Thanks.

LonghornTx, check your window sticker to see if you have the Bed Utility Group.
Bed Utility Group $745
LED Bed Lighting
Deployable Bed Step
Spray–in Bedliner

If you had those items as part of different packages or a standalone spray-in bedliner then you wouldn't automatically get the step.

Users who are viewing this thread