Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Mine goes in next week. My dealer did their first one via recall this week. I'm 2nd on the list.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Just an update on my situation. My service advisor seemed genuinely concerned about the 19 vs 20 issue. Once I followed Brutal's suggestion of looking at my truck on the "Mopar Garage" I showed my advisor that it states PARTS ARE AVAILABLE. He then is shooting it up the ladder to his boss. I have my fingers crossed.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
the small dealer I used in brownwood, that did all my outstanding recalls in friday.. they aren't even getting 2 a month...

Sapper-8

Reaction score
Curious, how do you know if your 2019 model truck needs to have the cp4 replaced? Or do all 2019s have to be replaced?

flan

Reaction score
Curious, how do you know if your 2019 model truck needs to have the cp4 replaced? Or do all 2019s have to be replaced?
All do. But you can input your vin on this page to double check for any others as well.

crawlex

Reaction score
I called all of the local dealers yesterday. I was told by a majority of dealers the parts are not available yet... Except for one that is... One of the dealerships (the dealer I bought the truck from) told me to bring the truck in the shop so they could record my engine code. I was told once they have my engine code I am placed on a list to order the fuel pump kit for my truck. They insisted that I have to bring the truck in because the parts could not be ordered with the VIN alone, they require the engine code specifically...

I took the truck in today and was provided a service receipt that indicates the engine code was recorded for the fuel pump recall. I was told I am in forth or fifth place on the list and they are allowed to order two fuel pump kits per week.. They proceeded to tell me it could take up to 8 months. Now I don't know where the tech graduated high school because the math on that seems a tad off... But at least I am on a "list"... ;)

ccm3rd

Reaction score
Odd how they are slow rolling this repair. And does anyone know exactly what the fix is to the CP4? A CP3? Seems looking at the 2021 and 2022 models it's a CP3 pump with some manifold changes for plumbing.

72guy

Reaction score
And does anyone know exactly what the fix is to the CP4? A CP3?

The official model number is something different, but the answer to your question is yes. Plus additional fuel system parts if they determine your CP4 has already started to come apart and has contaminated other components.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Odd how they are slow rolling this repair. And does anyone know exactly what the fix is to the CP4? A CP3? Seems looking at the 2021 and 2022 models it's a CP3 pump with some manifold changes for plumbing.

The 21+ pump is designated CP-ISB21S3.

The recall pump appears to be the same basic pump body with different clocking and fuel manifold/connections. Until someone gets a pic of the tag on it, it's all just a SWAG. I'm guessing something like CP-ISBxxS3 or some variation.

resoverlord

Reaction score

The 21+ pump is designated CP-ISB21S3.

The recall pump appears to be the same basic pump body with different clocking and fuel manifold/connections. Until someone gets a pic of the tag on it, it's all just a SWAG. I'm guessing something like CP-ISBxxS3 or some variation.
Mine is done, just waiting on a gasket for the front fwd cover (unrelated repair). I'll snap a pick once I get it back (they say Friday).

ccm3rd

Reaction score
I've got mine scheduled for July 7th. I'll definitely ask they dissect the pump to look for wear. From what I gather on the web the failures and wear are visible prior to a catastrophic pump failure. I can see an argument starting too when I see galled rollers and they look to the ceiling and say "all is well".

resoverlord

Reaction score
I've got mine scheduled for July 7th. I'll definitely ask they dissect the pump to look for wear. From what I gather on the web the failures and wear are visible prior to a catastrophic pump failure. I can see an argument starting too when I see galled rollers and they look to the ceiling and say "all is well".
I got this in reply when I asked:

" he said its a sealed unit. You can't open them. "

ccm3rd

Reaction score
Probably not part of the tech pub they are following. "Unauthorized work" is my guess. If they don't look I want the old part to tear apart in my garage. If nothing else just a science project.

Attached is a pic I found on the web of a CP4 and CP3. Looks to me remove a few bolts and it's unsealed. May take a puller to remove the housing cover though.

Attachments

• 1652895088294.png
    1652895088294.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 39

72guy

Reaction score
Unless the dealership and mechanic are totally incompetent, a definite possibility, I see no advantage to them in cutting corners and not doing everything that is required in the recall. Just doing the pump, when a replacement of the entire fuel system was called for, only opens up the possibility of another failure on the new pump. I think RAM HQ would have a dim view of that process.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I guess the 2019‘s are cleared for parts mine goes in May 30th for the recall to be performed

Edit:

it looks like im the first in my region as i called the 3 local dealers one is so small they dont have a diesel tech and one refused to check parts demanding they know its not out yet, the last dealer had to do a search to check if they were out yet so I'm assuming that makes me first in line…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread