Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So I stand corrected. Just talked with the SM at the dealership and the parts have now been marked for release. He ordered the kit and stated it should be done within the next couple weeks based on how soon it gets here. Of note he did state there's two different kits based on whether it's running or not.

"Running" kit would not include injectors and probably filters unless they found evidence of pending failure in the pump.

That and ordered by VIN so you get the correct reflash.

Correct, SO vs HO, same pump, different tune.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
So I stand corrected. Just talked with the SM at the dealership and the parts have now been marked for release. He ordered the kit and stated it should be done within the next couple weeks based on how soon it gets here. Of note he did state there's two different kits based on whether it's running or not.
i guess my dealer hasnt got the memo yet.. just called and they said the kit is on "national backorder" and they are only receiving 2 a month.. im on a waiting list with 100 people ahead of me.. so at that rate ill have my fuel pump replaced in about 4 years. guess ill keep my fingers crossed the cp4.2 holds up. :rolleyes:

Razzman

Reaction score
"Running" kit would not include injectors and probably filters unless they found evidence of pending failure in the pump.

Correct, SO vs HO, same pump, different tune. i'm down to 18

Since i'm down to 18% on oil and filters i'm having a service done anyway at the same time, should cover it all. I'm not worried about injectors, not had any issues but don't want to push my luck.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
i guess my dealer hasnt got the memo yet.. just called and they said the kit is on "national backorder" and they are only receiving 2 a month.. im on a waiting list with 100 people ahead of me.. so at that rate ill have my fuel pump replaced in about 4 years. guess ill keep my fingers crossed the cp4.2 holds up. :rolleyes:
just called another dealer and got the parts ordered, was told they should arrive in about a week. o_O

red

Reaction score
I contacted my dealer here in Canada and they confirmed the parts are available. However, their first allotment of kits are all spoken for and I've been placed on a waiting list.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I contacted my dealer here in Canada and they confirmed the parts are available. However, their first allotment of kits are all spoken for and I've been placed on a waiting list.
I called me dealer today and was told no parts available yet so ill have to call the other dealer in town i guess

red

Reaction score
I called me dealer today and was told no parts available yet so ill have to call the other dealer in town i guess
Seems like it's hit or miss if dealerships know the parts can be ordered. Good luck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my local SM. He said they just started working these today.

1. I have to bring the truck in so they can verify ESN.
  2. For the time being, they are only allowed to order 1 kit/week.
I'm going to be pissed if I'm far down a list he said didn't exist before today.

Not sure why they have to verify the Cummins ESN, it's tied to my VIN. Maybe they're just verifying a previous repair or reimbursement hasn't already occurred. I will be there when their diesel techs arrive at 0800 tomorrow.

FWIW, you guys can find your ESN with a VIN lookup on https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/portal/index.html

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Seems like it's hit or miss if dealerships know the parts can be ordered. Good luck.
My dealer said he was looking today but i find it hard to believe. I wont push my luck with them at the moment as my truck is in at their collision center getting the deer damage repaired

jkempken

Reaction score
Just called my dealer and they said parts are not available in Southeastern Wisconsin. My Ram App says my recall is incomplete but parts are available, ugh.

Razzman

Reaction score
Just called my dealer and they said parts are not available in Southeastern Wisconsin. My Ram App says my recall is incomplete but parts are available, ugh.
Call another dealer, don't know how that's even possible. What is there a barrier around SE Wisconsin not allowing parts in?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Tech did the Z08 wiper recall while he was under the hood getting the ESN and verifying no prior pump replacement. Said they give them .1 hour for it. Nut was not loose (I knew that).

Razzman

Reaction score
Tech did the Z08 wiper recall while he was under the hood getting the ESN and verifying no prior pump replacement. Said they give them .1 hour for it. Nut was not loose (I knew that).
Yeah had that one done a few weeks back too, nut wasn't loose either as I had checked it prior. Can't clear it unless you do though.

Wileykid

Reaction score
Called my local dealer today. The response was that they haven't been notified of when they would get the parts, and that hundreds and hundreds of people have been calling him. I saw where that was going.

Called a second dealer about 20 miles from me, and all he could say was they got the parts list for the 2020, but not the 2019 (?), And that is he knows.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Called my local dealer today. The response was that they haven't been notified of when they would get the parts, and that hundreds and hundreds of people have been calling him. I saw where that was going.

Called a second dealer about 20 miles from me, and all he could say was they got the parts list for the 2020, but not the 2019 (?), And that is he knows.

That other dealer is full of it, there's no separate lists for '19 and '20 MY, they're the same

Razzman

Reaction score
I’m seriously starting to believe some dealers just don’t want to deal with it, give ‘em a bs line and they’ll go away mentality.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score

I just saw it was released on the 10th(from reading this board). According to my dealer I was first on the list for Y78 recall....I had called them as soon as it was broadcast out and coded Y78. So I called them today. After being on hold for ten minutes I'm told the recall manager isn't even on premise.....she calls me back 30 minutes later and says she can't perform recall since my truck is a 2019....recall parts are only released for 2020. I don't know super pissed and bummed about that. Doesn't even make since. She said it's because it's different parts....I'm like yea freaking right. Anyway any others with 2019's in the same dilemma? Or any 19's had it successfully at least appointment scheduled? Also funny the recall manager had the nerve to ask me why I don't just pay out of pocket to have it done!

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
I just saw it was released on the 10th(from reading this board). According to my dealer I was first on the list for Y78 recall....I had called them as soon as it was broadcast out and coded Y78. So I called them today. After being on hold for ten minutes I'm told the recall manager isn't even on premise.....she calls me back 30 minutes later and says she can't perform recall since my truck is a 2019....recall parts are only released for 2020. I don't know super pissed and bummed about that. Doesn't even make since. She said it's because it's different parts....I'm like yea freaking right. Anyway any others with 2019's in the same dilemma? Or any 19's had it successfully at least appointment scheduled? Also funny the recall manager had the nerve to ask me why I don't just pay out of pocket to have it done!
Ramcares want to help me out? Little confused here

Users who are viewing this thread