Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

UglyViking

Reaction score
Called Dealer this morning and asked if parts are available, they stated Q1 2022. I will call again on March 31st .
I have absolutely 0 insight here. That said, I would be beyond surprised if that is the case. Bosch manufactures the CP3.3 in the Czech Republic right? With massive delays on parts across the board and everything going on in Europe, I'd be surprised if it was before Q4 to be honest.

jkempken

Reaction score
I have absolutely 0 insight here. That said, I would be beyond surprised if that is the case. Bosch manufactures the CP3.3 in the Czech Republic right? With massive delays on parts across the board and everything going on in Europe, I'd be surprised if it was before Q4 to be honest.
I work in the Manufacturing Sector see all the impacts and 100% agree its not a realistic date, but the Dealers/Ram are sticking to their guns and stating Q1 2022 for now.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I am guessing ‘’Q’’ might not be the letter of the day……. maybe R or even S. :eek: :rolleyes:

clawdog79

Reaction score
Is there a process that should be followed to move forward with an aftermarket CP3 swap, which would guarantee reimbursement? I'm starting to think seriously about such a swap, but don't want to make some small misstep which causes me to pay out of pocket for a recall item. I remember someone on here already got reimbursed, but can't remember who.

I did the swap and was reimbursed 100% for parts and labor. Its simple. Select a new CP3 of your choice and purchase it. Save the receipt and evidence of proof of payment (such as credit card statement). Choose any mechanic or diesel shop that you trust and save the invoice/receipt and proof of payment. Or you can do the swap yourself if you want. Then use the link on the recall page to submit your reimbursement request. Mine was reimbursed no questions asked without even speaking to a person. I received a check in the mail less than 6 weeks after submitting the request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clawdog79

Reaction score
At this point since they sent out 2 letters i have my doubts they will reimburse you usually its only if you had to do it before the recall campaign started

I disagree. Its a safety related recall and they don’t have parts to perform the recall work currently. My opinion is that he will get reimbursed if he elects to do the swap now. Disclaimer: I could be wrong. Trust but verify :)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I disagree. Its a safety related recall and they don’t have parts to perform the recall work currently. My opinion is that he will get reimbursed if he elects to do the swap now. Disclaimer: I could be wrong. Trust but verify :)

Usually they only reimburse people who do swaps/ out of pocket repairs before the recall comes out not after if history is any proof with past recalls…

I would be very surprised if anyone who did the swap after The letter came out will get their money back

I also have heard of people getting denied reimbursement so be aware of that

Lumpskie

Reaction score
FWIW:

I called FCA Recall Assistance this morning. They assured me that parts will be available March 29th. When I asked if parts would be available sufficient to retrofit all 250,000+ vehicles, they weren't sure about that. I, then, asked about options to CP3 swap myself and be reimbursed. They replied that I could do that as long as I submitted an invoice (parts and labor) and proof of payment. The term they used is that reimbursement "is possible" using those two items as proof. My read is that they want to review the paperwork to be sure it meets their expectations prior to reimbursement... which sounds fair.

The burning question for me is... how is the S&S CP3 similar or different than the proposed CP3.3. Do you guys have a gut feeling on whether one will be better/more reliable than the other?

Lift89

Reaction score
I got a full reimbursement for my CP3 conversion I did.

Mine was the industrial injection 10mm CP3. FCA reimbursed me in full for just the pump since I did the install myself $2,500.

Razzman

Reaction score
I would love to swap now and get reimbursed BUT any pump or pump related issues down the road will be denied due to non-mopar parts being used, i'm pretty sure that will be a given. So then what? You have to deal with a third party vendor to try and get warranty replacement/repairs. I've got a 2K trip coming mid-April and would like it swapped before then but it's obviously not going to happen, guess I take my chances.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I would love to swap now and get reimbursed BUT any pump or pump related issues down the road will be denied due to non-mopar parts being used, i'm pretty sure that will be a given. So then what? You have to deal with a third party vendor to try and get warranty replacement/repairs. I've got a 2K trip coming mid-April and would like it swapped before then but it's obviously not going to happen, guess I take my chances.
It's possible but how likely is it? 5 year 100k mile, and if you're running a 19-20 truck then at best you've got 3 years left of warranty. It's not likely at all that a CP3 will fail in 3 years or 100k miles assuming a roughly stock truck.

I totally understand wanting to wait, but you're really not risking anything.

Razzman

Reaction score
It's possible but how likely is it? 5 year 100k mile, and if you're running a 19-20 truck then at best you've got 3 years left of warranty. It's not likely at all that a CP3 will fail in 3 years or 100k miles assuming a roughly stock truck.

You don't know my luck, just saying!

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Totally agree.

Sounds like FCA is doing the right thing and letting end-users do the swap and reimburse! It makes sense because that ends up being one less job FCA to do.

sisupower

Reaction score
I'm going through the submission process now, just for the pump.

Ask them if by doing the swap does it cancel any warranty left on truck? Nobody can seem to verify that. Ive been looking for the thread but cant find it. someone said doing the swap canceled all remaining powertrain, engine etc. warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Ask them if by doing the swap does it cancel any warranty left on truck? Nobody can seem to verify that. Ive been looking for the thread but cant find it. someone said doing the swap canceled all remaining powertrain, engine etc. warranty.

It absolutely does not. MMWA protects you from that type of nonsense.

UglyViking

Reaction score

FCA can not deny warranty on a vehicle for using non-OEM parts. This has been beaten to death in many, many threads so I will not do so here but mag-moss prevents this. They may not pay for the CP3 if it died, but they can't deny your warranty because it meets the requirements. If it didn't meet the requirements they wouldn't reimburse you.

That is not to say that you can go and put a 14mm CP3 swap, 100% over injectors and a bad tune and hope to keep the warranty, but if you're replacing it with the same item just non-oem they can't deny a claim.

The likelihood of a CP3 dying while still in warranty is beyond unlikely though. Like, if the CP4 dying is unlikely then the CP3 dying is far beyond that.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It absolutely does not. MMWA protects you from that type of nonsense.

I wish we had that in Canada, here the dealers can be terrible for warranty coverage on anything with mods

Users who are viewing this thread