Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
I am actually scared to call my dealership. I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability to correct any problem on my vehicle.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Nope but I got another recall to stick on the fridge….something about the wiper arms coming off and trying to poke me in the eye or what not.:oops:
Same. I know you're somewhere in my area, any dealers you can recommend for the pump recall job? I've ordered from Derrick Dodge in Edmonton but since moved and now the one closest to me is the one in Stony Plain, don't know anything about them, or any other RAM dealer for that matter as I have yet to deal with any of them for anything serious.

Wayne007

Reaction score
My dealer in NE Ohio said they haven't heard any news or received any parts yet. I'm not anxious to be one of the first either. I also got the wiper arm recall and he said just to give the nut another quarter turn. Haven't done it as of yet. I figure if it hasn't come loose in 18 months, another few weeks won't hurt.

MikeXM

Reaction score
My dealer said they have no idea when these parts will come. He mentioned an important recall on the ecodiesel that took them 2 years to get parts... So, it really depends of how lucky you are.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Same. I know you're somewhere in my area, any dealers you can recommend for the pump recall job? I've ordered from Derrick Dodge in Edmonton but since moved and now the one closest to me is the one in Stony Plain, don't know anything about them, or any other RAM dealer for that matter as I have yet to deal with any of them for anything serious.
I am in the ‘’bush’’ Bermuda Triangle with Drayton, Whitecourt and Barrhead being similar distances away. Had ok luck in Whitecourt but have been going to Barrhead the most. They have/had a couple good mechanics that have won some Chrysler skills competitions and bring in their retired diesel dog when needed.
Like every rural Alberta town they have taken a kick-en the last few years so staffing in the shop is reduced. Haven’t tried the Stoners so can’t help there sorry although my cousin is married to the owner. It can be ‘’a small world’’ once you get out of the city but that’s a good thing:).

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Is there a process that should be followed to move forward with an aftermarket CP3 swap, which would guarantee reimbursement? I'm starting to think seriously about such a swap, but don't want to make some small misstep which causes me to pay out of pocket for a recall item. I remember someone on here already got reimbursed, but can't remember who.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Is there a process that should be followed to move forward with an aftermarket CP3 swap, which would guarantee reimbursement? I'm starting to think seriously about such a swap, but don't want to make some small misstep which causes me to pay out of pocket for a recall item. I remember someone on here already got reimbursed, but can't remember who.
At this point since they sent out 2 letters i have my doubts they will reimburse you usually its only if you had to do it before the recall campaign started

Xflight29

Reaction score
Why can't you wait until the mid summer when they say parts will be available?

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Why can't you wait until the mid summer when they say parts will be available?
I am taking a trip to the North Maine Woods (no tow service... or cell phone service up there) and may also be doing a heavy tow from NH to MT.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am taking a trip to the North Maine Woods (no tow service... or cell phone service up there) and may also be doing a heavy tow from NH to MT.
You will be fine with your CP4

UglyViking

Reaction score
You will be fine with your CP4
I love this sort of information. Super helpful to the OPs question. Is it likely that OPs CP4 will fail? Prob not, only like a 4-5% failure rate, but considering cost of getting a dead truck out of that area it becomes more important.

jkempken

Reaction score
Called Dealer this morning and asked if parts are available, they stated Q1 2022. I will call again on March 31st .

Users who are viewing this thread