Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

CBK2801

Reaction score
Curious how often the Pump fails. Have brand new truck (2020) and am planning April long trip. Hoping to get this done before then. Little worried about travelling if this fails on the road pulling our 5th wheel

UglyViking

Reaction score
Curious how often the Pump fails. Have brand new truck (2020) and am planning April long trip. Hoping to get this done before then. Little worried about travelling if this fails on the road pulling our 5th wheel
According to the NHTSA report, the current failure rate is around 4% (source). I personally wouldn't let it ruin your plans as while possible it's on the lower end of likelihood. Although it's 3x more likely that your pump will fail than you'll die from a confirmed covid case, and we shut the entire world down for that so I guess maybe you shouldn't drive the truck till they fix it.

Note: it's a joke, not a political statement lest the ban hammer overlords get a little too eager this morning.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have a 2020 3500 HO and have driven to Missouri from southern Arizona pulling a 30-foot 7k boat, then again from AZ to Kansas and then again through Colorado a couple other times to Colorado with not one hick-up. you'll be fine.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
My 2020 Dually HO is at a little under 28K now. Hauling our camper and at times, my Jeep on a trailer behind it. Not one issue yet to date. Doesn't mean I don't have this in the back of my mind on trips and such. But you can't live in fear.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
got just over 113,500 miles on a 2020 3500 dually. Been adding hotshot fuel additives since about 20K miles. No problems so far. But did get the notice that my truck is involved, so will wait and see. Won't stop driving it the way I do but I am a little cautious

20Limited3500

Reaction score
got just over 113,500 miles on a 2020 3500 dually. Been adding hotshot fuel additives since about 20K miles. No problems so far. But did get the notice that my truck is involved, so will wait and see. Won't stop driving it the way I do but I am a little cautious
That's a bunch of driving in 2 yrs. Guessing with the trailer in your sig, you haul things often.

Phil T

Reaction score
According to the NHTSA report, the current failure rate is around 4% (source). I personally wouldn't let it ruin your plans as while possible it's on the lower end of likelihood. Although it's 3x more likely that your pump will fail than you'll die from a confirmed covid case, and we shut the entire world down for that so I guess maybe you shouldn't drive the truck till they fix it.

Note: it's a joke, not a political statement lest the ban hammer overlords get a little too eager this morning.
But if it does happen, you will have a really bad day.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Is the y78 recall saying they have to replace fuel pump? Service manager said safety recall, software update and inspection.....not understanding?
The recall calls for replacement of the HP pump

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
Hot shot is like driving a semi truck, just using a dually pickup and gooseneck trailer and carrying loads up to about 15K. Last year was great for the money. This year has fallen badly and with the cost of diesel, just about not worth it. I am parking my truck. I just can't see putting the miles on it with sub 2$ a mile loads.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Yep. I quit moving RV's locally. Can't make a buck at $4 a gallon.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
I'm can't hardly find 4$ gallon. 4.45-4.69 in the north east. Even local mom and pop down in the Carolina's is high

Users who are viewing this thread