Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox Lock Issues

RamFam

Reaction score
Good evening all,

2020 POWER WAGON (LEVEL 2 KIT)
So I recently discovered that my door lock rod clip had broken at some point and I have only had the truck for roughly 9 month. Has anyone else had this issue with their RAMBOX rod clip failing? Not super worried about the issue as the part is only $2.50 to replace. I can still lock and unlock the box manually.

It is green in color and easy to spot with a flashlight if you wanna look for fun. Just open your RAMBOX and look into theopening near the latch mechinism. You will see a green clip that is attached to a rod on the center right or left depending on which side box you open.

I look forward to seeing ya'lls responses.

-Cheers

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
On my 2016 rebel I had to replace 3 or 4 clips in 3 years. On my 19 HD so far no no flipping rods;).

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My 2019 passenger side had the same issue about a month ago. Ram box would close fine, but not lock. Not sure how long it was like that.

Got a replacement clip from O'reilly's auto parts. They had one in one of their assortment packs they sale in store. Fixed it in the parking lot.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Reminds me of the old 90s chevy tailgates they loved to eat them clips up too lol

Users who are viewing this thread