Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram trucks stuck at Mexico Border

JimKIII

Reaction score
So, funny thing. A short time after writing this post, I got a phone call from the owner of the dealership to say my truck shipped from Mexico. I had a mbr on this site confirm that actually left!.

I have received a few phone calls updating me on the location of the truck.... most recently as this afternoon to tell me the truck was in Chicago IL. (apparently this is a main hub) It is supposed to leave tonight... and should be here in about a week.

It has been a long wait... ill believe it when i see it...but I'm getting excited!

Thx for checking in!
Send us photos when she arrives. Great news!

rcnal

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 CC limited night edition in Sept. 21. The truck was finished being built and scheduled for delivery July 28, 2022. I have heard unofficially that there are a significant number of trucks stuck in Mexico on rail cars. Unknown when it will be delivered. Has anyone in the group heard this? Anyone have any info on when deliveries might start?
Thx
I have heard the same. My Ram 2500 has been built in July. order in March. Still waiting for it

rcnal

Reaction score
Well I couldn't find one the had the blind spout indictor. They say its cos if chip shortage but I was able to order a new one that will have it.

Jqueen

Reaction score
At this point I am considering ordering a 2023 Ford. Ordered a loaded Mega Cab 3500 night edition in July. Still nothing. I already priced a new Ram and Ford through Granger. There will be an additional wait but at least it will be an expected one. Without a delivery by the end of the year I have tax issues. So, I can’t find what I want and get get what I ordered. Shocking with something that costs this much.

Rant over.

rcnal

Reaction score
At this point I am considering ordering a 2023 Ford. Ordered a loaded Mega Cab 3500 night edition in July. Still nothing. I already priced a new Ram and Ford through Granger. There will be an additional wait but at least it will be an expected one. Without a delivery by the end of the year I have tax issues. So, I can’t find what I want and get get what I ordered. Shocking with something that costs this much.

Rant over.
I just received a call saying my 2022 RAM truck is being shipped on the 6th on a train and a week later it should be at the dealership

rcnal

Reaction score
I have heard the same. My Ram 2500 has been built in July. order in March. Still waiting for it
I received a call today. It will leave on a train on Dec 6 and one week later it should be in Texas

Craigh1

Reaction score
Send us photos when she arrives. Great news!
Well,
Got my truck yesterday. She looks good. Only snag... for some reason it didn't get a moonroof put in? Not sure how that happened this truck has every option possible.... so no idea how that happened.

All told, it turned out to be way more expensive than I anticipated... the dealership wouldn't hold the interest rate 3.99%, but did keep the agreed vehicle price. Although, I was told if I didn't wish to purchase it... they had 2 new buyers ready to pay at the new cost... which I took a photo of.

I tried to get extras for my 14 month wait... but to no avail. I will be writing a letter to Stellantis voicing my displeasure...but I doubt that will do any good. By the way... I doubled down on a 2022 F350 platinum tremor black out edition... which was supposed to arrive in November, but was subsequently pushed back to February. So, in short, it doesn't matter where you go...

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221124_140823.jpg
    20221124_140823.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 103

rcnal

Reaction score
Well,
Got my truck yesterday. She looks good. Only snag... for some reason it didn't get a moonroof put in? Not sure how that happened this truck has every option possible.... so no idea how that happened.

All told, it turned out to be way more expensive than I anticipated... the dealership wouldn't hold the interest rate 3.99%, but did keep the agreed vehicle price. Although, I was told if I didn't wish to purchase it... they had 2 new buyers ready to pay at the new cost... which I took a photo of.

I tried to get extras for my 14 month wait... but to no avail. I will be writing a letter to Stellantis voicing my displeasure...but I doubt that will do any good. By the way... I doubled down on a 2022 F350 platinum tremor black out edition... which was supposed to arrive in November, but was subsequently pushed back to February. So, in short, it doesn't matter where you go...
Looks nice, I hope mine has everything because I had ordered everything

superjoe83

Reaction score
Well,

Did you pay for a sunroof? I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer forgot to add it. What does the window sticker/equipment list show? Did the dealer ever give you a submitted POC like this?
Screenshot_20220209-203631_Drive.jpg

JimKIII

Reaction score
Well,

$128K!!!!!!! Good Grief!!!! May I ask what you paid for it? Did they minus the price of the no-show moon roof?
So sorry for you nightmare experience. The entire econ system is so damaged on so many fronts there is no place that blame will stick anymore. It's a true 'broken arrow' scenario. $128,000 dollars!!!!!!

Reaction score
We were waiting for a PW "in transit" and all the dealer could tell us was that it was "held up" somewhere along the line. None of the dealers here out west have ANY new trucks on their lots, especially PW's. We finally got fed up with the dealer not having updates on the in-transit truck, so we went to Iowa (from Montana) and bought one off the lot.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
We were waiting for a PW "in transit" and all the dealer could tell us was that it was "held up" somewhere along the line. None of the dealers here out west have ANY new trucks on their lots, especially PW's. We finally got fed up with the dealer not having updates on the in-transit truck, so we went to Iowa (from Montana) and bought one off the lot.
I drove by a local RAM dealership here on the right coast a few days ago and there were zero new HDs on the lot. Everything is all screwed up

rcnal

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 CC limited night edition in Sept. 21. The truck was finished being built and scheduled for delivery July 28, 2022. I have heard unofficially that there are a significant number of trucks stuck in Mexico on rail cars. Unknown when it will be delivered. Has anyone in the group heard this? Anyone have any info on when deliveries might start?
Thx
I don't know what's going on but I have received a call the mine is being shipped it also changed to shipped . I ordered mine in March

rcnal

Reaction score
Glad you did and hope you are happy, mine was just shipped. I will be waiting for it

Pugtracker

Reaction score
Any updates or news on trucks in mexico?
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread