Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Removing Options From Accepted 2023 Orders

Bcrouse

Reaction score
I posted this in the 2023 build/order thread but thought it warranted its own post as well.

I ordered a 2023 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 HO dually back in September. Order was accepted and confirmed. My dealer called me saying they were really sorry but Ram was telling them that my already accepted order needed to be changed from the Laramie Level 2 package to the Laramie Level F package. The Level F removes the 12” full digital dash. I then asked the dealer to follow up with Ram asking if I waited (im not in a rush) if they would honor the original order.

(In the interim, my order goes to D1 status. I am unsure if its being built as ordered or Ram made the decision to build it how they want)

Few days later I get a call back from the dealer. Dealer says that Ram never intended the Laramie to be able to select the new 12” digital dash and oh they also removed the fender flares since I ordered. I inquired how my truck was being built. I was i formed that according to Ram the dash and flares were never meant to be on the Laramie it was being built without them.

I asked if I would be getting any kind of compensation (money off, floor mats, a high five….something). I was informed there was a $10 difference between the Level2 and LevelF costs so I should expect nothing. Not even a “sorry guys, we fudged up” meme from Ram.

Im not really sure I buy Ram’s excuse it was never meant to be orderedable for the Laramie. It was on the original build sheets, its on the 2023 RamTrucks configurator in the Level2 package. I think they intended it to be ordered as part of that, but when they got an overwhelming amount of Longhorn and Limited orders they panicked and started making excuses.

This means that Ram could and will pull anything off of accepted orders now and in the future. I can understand not allowing new orders to select it, but pulling things off of already accepted orders with a lame excuse is pretty low.

My dealer sounded pretty angry at Ram too. Im sure they lost a few orders because of it.

Ram this is not the way to conduct business and instill confidence in your customers. I am pretty close to canceling my order. The fact you havent contacted a majority of your dealers speaks volumes as well.

Anyone else still in “D” status or have yet to order, keep an eye on your orders.

Attachments

• 89900F11-E860-4977-9F67-7FDDF2BC4985.jpeg
    89900F11-E860-4977-9F67-7FDDF2BC4985.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 83
  • F145A265-F512-42BC-83A6-5A73B551FB18.jpeg
    F145A265-F512-42BC-83A6-5A73B551FB18.jpeg
    629.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 05A67124-A2FC-463D-A876-1A57FC0FBB10.jpeg
    05A67124-A2FC-463D-A876-1A57FC0FBB10.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 85

rossagge

Reaction score
OOF! That's nonsense to do that. It's not like those items can't be installed by the dealer either. I get the whole parts shortages (bull crap IMO) but I'm sure the dealership can order fender flares and a 12"UC5 and install it and bill Ram for it since you already paid for them.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
OOF! That's nonsense to do that. It's not like those items can't be installed by the dealer either. I get the whole parts shortages (bull crap IMO) but I'm sure the dealership can order fender flares and a 12"UC5 and install it and bill Ram for it since you already paid for them.
Its the 12” digital dash and evic not the 12” uconnect

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I posted this in the 2023 build/order thread but thought it warranted its own post as well.

I ordered a 2023 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 HO dually back in September. Order was accepted and confirmed. My dealer called me saying they were really sorry but Ram was telling them that my already accepted order needed to be changed from the Laramie Level 2 package to the Laramie Level F package. The Level F removes the 12” full digital dash. I then asked the dealer to follow up with Ram asking if I waited (im not in a rush) if they would honor the original order.

(In the interim, my order goes to D1 status. I am unsure if its being built as ordered or Ram made the decision to build it how they want)

Few days later I get a call back from the dealer. Dealer says that Ram never intended the Laramie to be able to select the new 12” digital dash and oh they also removed the fender flares since I ordered. I inquired how my truck was being built. I was i formed that according to Ram the dash and flares were never meant to be on the Laramie it was being built without them.

I asked if I would be getting any kind of compensation (money off, floor mats, a high five….something). I was informed there was a $10 difference between the Level2 and LevelF costs so I should expect nothing. Not even a “sorry guys, we fudged up” meme from Ram.

Im not really sure I buy Ram’s excuse it was never meant to be orderedable for the Laramie. It was on the original build sheets, its on the 2023 RamTrucks configurator in the Level2 package. I think they intended it to be ordered as part of that, but when they got an overwhelming amount of Longhorn and Limited orders they panicked and started making excuses.

This means that Ram could and will pull anything off of accepted orders now and in the future. I can understand not allowing new orders to select it, but pulling things off of already accepted orders with a lame excuse is pretty low.

My dealer sounded pretty angry at Ram too. Im sure they lost a few orders because of it.

Ram this is not the way to conduct business and instill confidence in your customers. I am pretty close to canceling my order. The fact you havent contacted a majority of your dealers speaks volumes as well.

Anyone else still in “D” status or have yet to order, keep an eye on your orders.
Have the dealer pull up your POC and email it to you (not the one you originally received when you ordered). It is current each time they pull it.
What does the status say in the upper right, and what level package does it say?

ollicat

Reaction score
I get parts shortages, I really do! What I don't get is no price reductions for pulling features. Not only that, but prices have INCREASED dramatically. Laramies should get the same equipment they always had such as fender flares, the Hemi badge, option for power floorboards, etc. And if they decide to not include these anymore, they need to drop prices. Because now I get to purchase these items separately at a cost of thousands of dollars.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Have the dealer pull up your POC and email it to you (not the one you originally received when you ordered). It is current each time they pull it.
What does the status say in the upper right, and what level package does it say?
Will do. I have another follow up call with the dealer on Monday. Im also kind of curious to let it build and see what the build sheet says….

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Will do. I have another follow up call with the dealer on Monday. Im also kind of curious to let it build and see what the build sheet says….
That truck is getting built no matter what, even if you cancel with the dealer.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
That truck is getting built no matter what, even if you cancel with the dealer.
Oh i know. The previous dealer did the same thing when I had to switch from a SRW to a DRW. They were all too comfortable with me saying I no longer wanted to take delivery as my needs had changed since I ordered the truck and it was too late to change it to a DRW.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Wow no fender flares standard on a Laramie anymore? Yuck.

I wonder if the ford crew cab has more room in the rear from the dodge crew cab? I really don’t want the larger mega cab (and lose the long bed but like the cab extra room. If the ford is slightly bigger than the dodge crew I might go that route.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I can understand they are dealing with parts shortages, as that seems to be the norm for all industries right now. Where I think Ram dropped the ball is informing the customers upfront about the changes and reductions in offerings. This is especially true on the Laramie level trucks. Removing features that have been standard for over a decade (especially the flares) and not making that explicitly known to ordering customers is ridiculous. It sounds like they rushed the process and didn’t think things through. They’re also notorious for not keeping their dealers in the loop. All of this, and they still increased the prices 10%+ for `23. So the same laramie truck that could’ve been purchased for $70k in 2022 is now $80k+ and has less standard features and options. The only real “new” updates are a different hood for the sport and night editions and a newly designed set of tow mirrors.

kristof

Reaction score
Not ram but my friend's Ford was at dealer for 5 months waiting to get new engine. They were telling him the engine is here but they are missing one part and Ford warehouse and all dealers nationwide are out of stock. So what he did is he ordered the missing part from eBay and brought it to dealer. Now he got it back.

Firebird

Reaction score
Wow no fender flares standard on a Laramie anymore? Yuck.

I wonder if the ford crew cab has more room in the rear from the dodge crew cab? I really don’t want the larger mega cab (and lose the long bed but like the cab extra room. If the ford is slightly bigger than the dodge crew I might go that route.
The Ford is a really sweet truck, but from what I have read, they are supposedly having just as many issues

MtnRider

Reaction score

The ford does have more room then a crew cab ram for sure. I'm in a mega now and the only way I could go to a crew would be in a Ford as it is much more roomier.

Unfortunately they are suffering from the same supply and production issues and good luck getting a Ford below MSRP, even ordering one. I was thinking of getting a Diesel Tremor but with the current prices it's just not something I'm willing to pay that much for.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
Updated POC

Currently in D1 status
Got automagically updated to Laramie Level F, which is actually +$10 from the Laramie Level 2 when I ordered back in Sept.

Looks like the potential build date is 19th Jan based on the sheet.

Dealer also sent me a detailed POC, which breaks out each of the packages into individual codes. Its roughly 4 pages.

Attachments

• A1CB192C-9331-4B2E-8DFB-5BD361EDC97F.jpeg
    A1CB192C-9331-4B2E-8DFB-5BD361EDC97F.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 81

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Updated POC

Currently in D1 status
Got automagically updated to Laramie Level F, which is actually +$10 from the Laramie Level 2 when I ordered back in Sept.

Looks like the potential build date is 19th Jan based on the sheet.

Dealer also sent me a detailed POC, which breaks out each of the packages into individual codes. Its roughly 4 pages.
D1, level F- that’s how they’re gonna build it. Everyone else that ordered Laramie level 2 can expect the same.

Bcrouse

Reaction score
D1, level F- that’s how they’re gonna build it. Everyone else that ordered Laramie level 2 can expect the same.
Yup. You would have thought if it was truly an error on Ram’s part, it would have never been accepted for 3 months…..then be an issue.

rossagge

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't translate over to Dodge. Ordered a Challenger SPWB Shaker a month ago. They just started building the 23s. Time will tell...

Users who are viewing this thread