Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram never has parts for these trucks.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Not trying to be an a$s but it sounds like you don't even need an HD truck then. I don't understand all the HD on the road that the owners don't have a use for an HD. I see them all the time, no hitch or have a cap/topper and the receiver hitch is like brand new. I just am curious why anyone would pay for something they don't need.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Hi Greta, I'm surprised you signed up for HDrams, but since you expressed your curiosity in such a polite manner I'll address it for you.

"Need" isn't the only reason to buy something, and we buy things for "want" quite often. In America we have a pretty strong car culture and we buy bigger/faster/sexier cars than we "need". If we stuck to "need" the vast majority of us would have a bus pass and a bicycle. But we also buy steak instead of soy cubes, buy houses instead of living in tiny huts, travel to places for no other purpose than to see the place then leave, and buy clothes that we like the looks of instead of just something that covers our naughty bits. We refer to it as "capitalism" and/or "freedom" in that we get to make money then use that money to obtain things we find enjoyable even if there is no "need" involved. Unless you're a subsistence farmer, hunter/gatherer, or aesthetic monk you probably also use money to buy thinks you don't "need".

Hope this helps!

mkmsr

Reaction score
Hi Greta, I'm surprised you signed up for HDrams, but since you expressed your curiosity in such a polite manner I'll address it for you.

"Need" isn't the only reason to buy something, and we buy things for "want" quite often. In America we have a pretty strong car culture and we buy bigger/faster/sexier cars than we "need". If we stuck to "need" the vast majority of us would have a bus pass and a bicycle. But we also buy steak instead of soy cubes, buy houses instead of living in tiny huts, travel to places for no other purpose than to see the place then leave, and buy clothes that we like the looks of instead of just something that covers our naughty bits. We refer to it as "capitalism" and/or "freedom" in that we get to make money then use that money to obtain things we find enjoyable even if there is no "need" involved. Unless you're a subsistence farmer, hunter/gatherer, or aesthetic monk you probably also use money to buy thinks you don't "need".

Hope this helps!
Aren't you a sensitive one.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Who's Greta? A friend of Karen?

greta-how-dare-you.gif

Greta. She's real concerned with what you drive and how you spend your money. And never saw the quartermaster the day they issued a sense of humor.

Megalodon

Reaction score
Dealer told me today that a rear axle bearing went in the PW and it scored up the spindle tube. The whole rear end needs replaced. Under warranty, so no problem, right?

The big deal?

There are ZERO available in the whole country.
My 2021 PW with 14,000 miles started having the rear end sing. They found the diff fluid was dark and had metal in it. They replaced the pinion bearings. After a bit of time I was able to pick up my PW and the sound was even worse. Took it back. They didn't replace the carrier bearings or the axle bearings. If there is metal floating around I would think it would damage the other bearings. Or should they replace the whole rear axle assembly, that there aren't any of? Anyone else having these problems?

2powerwagons

Reaction score
IDK, but I hope you have better luck with them fixing your truck than I've had.

The rear end for my truck has missed it's ETA at the service department.

So, I think I may worked a trade on a new 23. I'm too old to waste what time I have left waiting on broken promises.

Will_T

Reaction score
IDK, but I hope you have better luck with them fixing your truck than I've had.

The rear end for my truck has missed it's ETA at the service department.

So, I think I may worked a trade on a new 23. I'm too old to waste what time I have left waiting on broken promises.
But the thing is that if you trade for a new Ram, you are still stuck with the frustration of having to use your local Ram service dept. I love my truck, but if I had to do it over, I think I would go with a GMC even though I don't like the truck as much as the Ram, as our local GMC dealer service department serves their customers well. I suspect it is because there are three GMC dealers within 45 minutes of here and all under different ownership so more competition. Our Ram dealer is part of a huge franchise that includes most of the Ram dealerships within a few hours of us. I learned there is one about 2 hours south that is not part of the franchise. But I now believe that local after the purchase service should be a bigger factor in buying than I made it. When you need dealer service you want it as close as possible to where you live.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
But the thing is that if you trade for a new Ram, you are still stuck with the frustration of having to use your local Ram service dept. I love my truck, but if I had to do it over, I think I would go with a GMC even though I don't like the truck as much as the Ram, as our local GMC dealer service department serves their customers well. I suspect it is because there are three GMC dealers within 45 minutes of here and all under different ownership so more competition. Our Ram dealer is part of a huge franchise that includes most of the Ram dealerships within a few hours of us. I learned there is one about 2 hours south that is not part of the franchise. But I now believe that local after the purchase service should be a bigger factor in buying than I made it. When you need dealer service you want it as close as possible to where you live.

Well, there's nothing wrong with the service department I'm using. It the inability of Ram to supply parts to them to return the truck to service..

And to be honest, the same issue will be present with a new truck. All I can do is hope it doesn't need any repairs.

Will_T

Reaction score
Well, there's nothing wrong with the service department I'm using. It the inability of Ram to supply parts to them to return the truck to service..
That s great you have a good local dealer. Sometimes I think ours uses the parts excuse to avoid scheduling you in because they are short staffed. I know when they tell me Ram has no parts available for the two recalls on my truck, that is not true. Others are getting the recalls done.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The issue is if you go with a GM truck you will need the dealer way more! Lol

2powerwagons

Reaction score
That s great you have a good local dealer. Sometimes I think ours uses the parts excuse to avoid scheduling you in because they are short staffed. I know when they tell me Ram has no parts available for the two recalls on my truck, that is not true. Others are getting the recalls done.

Yeah, maybe. But it's easy enough to search parts inventory. The service manager told me he could only find one rear end in the whole country and they wouldn't sell it to him. I searched the whole USA and Canada and he was telling the truth.

Once again, I have no problem with the service guys I use. I've had a long relationship with them. But their hands are tied.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Who's Greta? A friend of Karen?
Greta is Greta Thunberg, a Swedish climate activist who travels around the world scolding everyone for producing CO2. In the past she made headlines by sailing in a wind/solar powered boat from Europe to the US in a sailboat to prevent the CO2 emissions of air travel. What the headlines didn't mention is that the boat crew made a total of 5 transoceanic flights associated with the trip. In reality, her "CO2 free" trip emitted 5 times the CO2 than if she had just flew to the US. But then, no headlines. You also have to add the CO2 emitted in the construction of the carbon fiber boat.

Her point is that people like us are stealing her childhood.

hwy361

Reaction score
I feel your pain. 2022 PW with 880 miles. Diagnosed with internal engine problem. Needs a new engine! At the dealership for 3 weeks now waiting on parts. Never again. Love the look but it's Ford or GMC next time.

Grey

Reaction score
This seems to be the norm for Ram for some reason and not just with trucks like yours but all the Rams. I needed a new shock under warranty and even that was backordered. Crazy. I have a friend with a GMC and he has had a few warranty issues, including one complicated one with the DEF system. The local GMC dealer gets him in right away and always either has the parts in stock or can get them within the week. Of course, I don't really like his truck compared to my Ram so I just keep hoping that I don't have an issue that puts me in the "without a truck for months" club.

I do have the two open recalls on mine, the transmission dipstick and vent, and the grid heater relay. I have called many times to see about getting it done and they always say no parts available for me. I am sure they have fixed truck on their lot so they can sell them. But for a customer with a 2021 that I did not buy from them, they will not do the recalls. This may be a problem just with my big chain dealer as others in different locations and with different dealers have had the recalls done, but who knows. I am hoping that by next March 2024 when I need fuel filters and an oil change, maybe they will be able to do the recalls at the same time. Until then, I just give up trying to get them done. Disconnected the heater relay and have not had an issue with the transmission blowing fluid out the tube so maybe I'll be fine for the long term.
This seems to be the norm for Ram for some reason and not just with trucks like yours but all the Rams. I needed a new shock under warranty and even that was backordered. Crazy. I have a friend with a GMC and he has had a few warranty issues, including one complicated one with the DEF system. The local GMC dealer gets him in right away and always either has the parts in stock or can get them within the week. Of course, I don't really like his truck compared to my Ram so I just keep hoping that I don't have an issue that puts me in the "without a truck for months" club.

I do have the two open recalls on mine, the transmission dipstick and vent, and the grid heater relay. I have called many times to see about getting it done and they always say no parts available for me. I am sure they have fixed truck on their lot so they can sell them. But for a customer with a 2021 that I did not buy from them, they will not do the recalls. This may be a problem just with my big chain dealer as others in different locations and with different dealers have had the recalls done, but who knows. I am hoping that by next March 2024 when I need fuel filters and an oil change, maybe they will be able to do the recalls at the same time. Until then, I just give up trying to get them done. Disconnected the heater relay and have not had an issue with the transmission blowing fluid out the tube so maybe I'll be fine for the long term.
Its, not just Ram. Everyone is having supply chain problems. My new Vette had to sit 3 weeks for valve springs. I know a bunch of guys who waited for months for parts. Buddy of mine bought a new Ford HD, went done bad computer six month wait. Its all over, doesn't make it better, but you aren't alone. Hang in, all you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread