Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram never has parts for these trucks.

Will_T

Reaction score
This seems to be the norm for Ram for some reason and not just with trucks like yours but all the Rams. I needed a new shock under warranty and even that was backordered. Crazy. I have a friend with a GMC and he has had a few warranty issues, including one complicated one with the DEF system. The local GMC dealer gets him in right away and always either has the parts in stock or can get them within the week. Of course, I don't really like his truck compared to my Ram so I just keep hoping that I don't have an issue that puts me in the "without a truck for months" club.

I do have the two open recalls on mine, the transmission dipstick and vent, and the grid heater relay. I have called many times to see about getting it done and they always say no parts available for me. I am sure they have fixed truck on their lot so they can sell them. But for a customer with a 2021 that I did not buy from them, they will not do the recalls. This may be a problem just with my big chain dealer as others in different locations and with different dealers have had the recalls done, but who knows. I am hoping that by next March 2024 when I need fuel filters and an oil change, maybe they will be able to do the recalls at the same time. Until then, I just give up trying to get them done. Disconnected the heater relay and have not had an issue with the transmission blowing fluid out the tube so maybe I'll be fine for the long term.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Dealer told me today that a rear axle bearing went in the PW and it scored up the spindle tube. The whole rear end needs replaced. Under warranty, so no problem, right?

The big deal?

There are ZERO available in the whole country.
Take that thing to somebody who can actually work on it instead of replacing entire assemblies. A driveline shop can probably fix it

2powerwagons

Reaction score
Take that thing to somebody who can actually work on it instead of replacing entire assemblies. A driveline shop can probably fix it
That's nice, except I paid for it to not be my problem.

I can buy it on the open market with my own money.

I'm not mad because the bearing **** the bed. **** happens. I'm just pissed off because they can't supply the parts to fix their issues.

If you're offended by that, well then, so be it.

Last edited:

Mobrules

Reaction score
Here's a parts nightmare story.
Jan 4th while at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota truck was hit in parking lot. Driverside rear cab corner and dually fender needs replaced. Body shops can't get the parts for a brand new 3500 dually. It's been 6 months!

At this point I'm considering finding a chop shop to get me the body panels. I'm mostly kidding........mostly. I've had the insurance payout just sitting in the bank. Truck is brand new 2022 3500 DRW limited.

I sadly have to admit I'm embarrassed to even drive it. Not sure what I can even do at this point.

2001WS6

Reaction score
I had to have the Particulate Matter Sensor replaced at 15k miles. Had to wait 3 months. Couldn't use my truck. Thankfully they reimbursed me for my rental.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
Here's a parts nightmare story.
Jan 4th while at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota truck was hit in parking lot. Driverside rear cab corner and dually fender needs replaced. Body shops can't get the parts for a brand new 3500 dually. It's been 6 months!

At this point I'm considering finding a chop shop to get me the body panels. I'm mostly kidding........mostly. I've had the insurance payout just sitting in the bank. Truck is brand new 2022 3500 DRW limited.

I sadly have to admit I'm embarrassed to even drive it. Not sure what I can even do at this point.

Yeah, I went through that when my truck was 3 months old. A deer decided to commit suicide into my bed side.

Ram said 4 months to get a bedside, A lot of phone calls later and I eventually ended up with one in a couple of weeks.

Will_T

Reaction score
I met a guy at a campground back when trucks were in REAL short supply who had an emissions issue with his 6-month-old Ram. It sat at the dealership for 5 months with no timeframe for parts. He finally sold it to the dealer for about what he paid for it and eventually bought a F-350 gas truck. He was not happy but did not feel like taking a chance with another diesel emission system. He was without a truck to pull his TT for about 9 months from when his Ram limped into the dealership to when he got the new gas truck.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
That's nice, except I paid for it to not be my problem.

I can buy it on the open market with my own money.

I'm not mad because the bearing **** the bed. **** happens. I'm just pissed off because they can't supply the parts to fix their issues.

If you're offended by that, well then, so be it.
You can be pissed off or you can do something to improve your situation. That’s nice that you paid for it to not be your problem but it certainly sounds like it’s your problem currently.

Will_T

Reaction score
You can be pissed off or you can do something to improve your situation. That’s nice that you paid for it to not be your problem but it certainly sounds like it’s your problem currently.
That is valid, however when you buy an expensive vehicle with a warranty or even pay extra for an extended warranty you expect some sort of warranty service. Or at least we used to. Now Ram, at least, seems to be making it as hard as possible to use warranty service. Maybe hoping that more people will take your approach and just pay for repairs themselves. When I waited a couple of months for a shock, the service writer was surprised. He indicated that most people would have just replaced them with aftermarket.

2powerwagons

Reaction score

Yeah you're right. I can pay $5700 out of my pocket to get an axle shipped to my dealer from some wanker in Florida and have my truck back again and fight with Ram over it.

I've owned and driven nothing but power wagons since they were brought back in 2005, so I think I know a bit more about them than you do.

Maybe you should go sit in the corner because you're a little bit out of your wheelhouse.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Yeah you're right. I can pay $5700 out of my pocket to get an axle shipped to my dealer from some wanker in Florida and have my truck back again and fight with Ram over it.

I've owned and driven nothing but power wagons since they were brought back in 2005, so I think I know a bit more about them than you do.

Maybe you should go sit in the corner because you're a little bit out of your wheelhouse.
You seem very sensitive about this subject. I’m sorry your feelings were so hurt by my suggestion to take it to a driveline shop for a second opinion.

I’m very impressed that you know a bit more than me about your truck. I’m most impressed by the part where you get somebody else to fix your truck for you.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
You seem very sensitive about this subject. I’m sorry your feelings were so hurt by my suggestion to take it to a driveline shop for a second opinion.

I’m very impressed that you know a bit more than me about your truck. I’m most impressed by the part where you get somebody else to fix your truck for you.

I chose to pay for that when I bought it. Why is that an issue for you?

2powerwagons

Reaction score

So, let me tell you how to fix it (if I didn't have a warranty)

I'd put it in the lathe, under cut the bearing surface, spray weld it, cut it close with a cardbide bit, then finish it with an OD grinder.

But I paid to not have had to deal with any of that.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
None of it is an issue for me. I’m not sure why you think it is. Your insults don’t hurt my feelings. I’m thick skinned, I grew up on pirate4x4.

You posted on a public forum and you received responses and you chose to be cantankerous rather than receiving people’s opinion and ideas that may differ from yours.

I now know that you just came here to whine and vent about the problem and you didn’t expect or want anybody to help.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
No. There's nothing you can do to help with regards to RAM supplying a warranty part.
They don't have them and that's it.
I paid for a warranty and they just can't uphold their end of the contract.

And really who the **** are you to question my loyalties. I worked for over 20 years for that ****ing company.
You’re literally arguing with yourself.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
We all know you paid for the warranty. We all know the absolute **** show that parts supply has turned into the past few years too. So if Ram hasn't given you an approximate date for the new rearend, you have absolutely no idea when to expect it. Maybe a month, maybe a year, maybe longer. So you can keep bitching about Ram, we all have our particular items to bitch about, or you can just do something about it and claim the cost back to Ram and be driving your truck sooner. Or just run over to the dealership and look at it every few days for who knows how long.

It's not just Ram. Ram may be the worst, I don't know. But I have a good friend that's had an F550 sitting at Ford for a year waiting for a new crate engine. They drive over to the dealership and look at it every few days.

Will_T

Reaction score
But I have a good friend that's had an F550 sitting at Ford for a year waiting for a new crate engine.
Yikes! What patience they have I guess. A lot of people could not live without their truck for more than a few weeks. Maybe buy a 2nd truck and then sell one when the F550 is fixed. I don't know what I would do. Maybe insurance companies will see the market and start selling policies that replace a vehicle that a dealer cannot fix in 2 months or less? Then the insurance company will own the broken truck and can sell it when finally fixed. What is the world coming to????

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Yikes! What patience they have I guess. A lot of people could not live without their truck for more than a few weeks. Maybe buy a 2nd truck and then sell one when the F550 is fixed. I don't know what I would do. Maybe insurance companies will see the market and start selling policies that replace a vehicle that a dealer cannot fix in 2 months or less? Then the insurance company will own the broken truck and can sell it when finally fixed. What is the world coming to????

It's a fleet truck. My friend has a construction company so they have more trucks. But those F550's have been dropping like flies lately. I had to bail them out a couple weeks ago with an old Chevy gasser. Imagine that. I would have used the Ram but I'd just left it at a buddy's house so he could return a snorkel lift to the rental center the following morning.

Users who are viewing this thread