Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain sense wipers

ralphkw1

Reaction score
Anybody know what hardware and wiring is needed for the alphaobd settings to enable rain sensing wipIMG_20210419_131628191.jpgers? I have this configuration on my rearview currently (see photo). I have a 2020 2500 Bighorn with level 2 package, tow mirrors, snow plow, auto sense rearview.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Did you swap out the windshield? I've seen where someone added it to a standard windshield and it didn't function.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Anybody know what hardware and wiring is needed for the alphaobd settings to enable rain sensing wipView attachment 15295ers? I have this configuration on my rearview currently (see photo). I have a 2020 2500 Bighorn with level 2 package, tow mirrors, snow plow, auto sense rearview.
What is the part number on this sensor?
5umeV96.jpg

Is there a small square “window” on the windshield frit pattern in front of it so it can look through the windshield? It looks like you already have the hardware.

ralphkw1

Reaction score
I'll have to look at the part number. Traveling for the next 3 weeks so won't be able to look for a while.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I'll have to look at the part number. Traveling for the next 3 weeks so won't be able to look for a while.
I can only deduce that’s the rain sensor. There’s nothing else it can be on an HD Ram, as that is exactly what the part looks like and there is only one part number for it. I do know that on the 5th gen 1500s, there are two part numbers for that sensor- one is humidity sensing only (because the 1500 uses a different type of AC compressor that takes humidity on the windshield into account for auto temp control), and the other is a humidity and rain sensing sensor. That’s why I’m curious on your part number. Are you sure you don’t have the rain sensing wipers feature? You would go into the radio settings > mirrors and wipers, and there would be a selection to turn rain sense on or off. If you’re sure you don’t have the feature, enable these settings in AlfaOBD and see if they start working:
VehConfig 2: Rain Sensor Present- YES
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Humidity Sensor Long Present- YES
LIN & Misc: Humidity Rain Light Sensor Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present- YES

Users who are viewing this thread