Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R99, B20 fuel. Am I understanding this correctly.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a Shell station near me now that has "renewable diesel" stickers on the pump and a "80% biomass based diesel" sticker. My question here is: what is the other 20%? Is it bio-diesel, or good old dino-diesel? Of course the people in the store never have any idea...
Its 100% garbage that i will say

BlueOx2500

Reaction score
Its 100% garbage that i will say
Yeah, it might be...my DPF gauge is actually now starting to show some indications now. It hasn't really shown **** when I select it for the first 16.5k miles, but yesterday it actually went to almost 45% and then back down to 30%.

Bombaman

Reaction score
I have a Shell station near me now that has "renewable diesel" stickers on the pump and a "80% biomass based diesel" sticker. My question here is: what is the other 20%? Is it bio-diesel, or good old dino-diesel? Of course the people in the store never have any idea...
It would be 80% renewable diesel and 20% BioDiesel

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yeah, it might be...my DPF gauge is actually now starting to show some indications now. It hasn't really shown **** when I select it for the first 16.5k miles, but yesterday it actually went to almost 45% and then back down to 30%.
They don't even sell that garbage here not that i would ever use it. But its not great for the vehicles but it makes the tree huggers happy

Dave01

Reaction score
It would be 80% renewable diesel and 20% BioDiesel
I stand corrected, my apologies. I thought it was diesel, blends in my part of the country are bio-in-diesel when they list percentages.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I am afraid of...I don't want that. Maybe I'll need to give the 76 station a try since they are supposed to have R95 or R99.
I’ve been using the 76 station R99 since my truck was new with exception of a handfull that was not available where I was located. After reading about it with anywhere around 75 cetene, suppose to burn cleaner, and my truck regens around that 24 hr running time mark. I have no isssues with it.

Truck runs great and totally different than biodiesel that people think it is. Not the same. Same price -/+ as regular #2 diesel. You will also notice the smell is similar as diesel, but not as strong odor as regular diesel.

I notice now Cheveron has 80% renewable and 20% other (regualr or biodiesel). I believe you’ll see here in California atleast more and more availability of renewable diesel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread