Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Well thats no fun. Im in D1 also but ordered 3/31. Here's to hoping D1 doesn't take several weeks.

Ramchat told me 3 days ago that the truck would be built "any day now..."

I was going to order power steps on mine but read on this forum that some folks are having their trucks stuck at the vendor for a few weeks to get the steps installed. Seems crazy to me, but i opted out of that spec because of what i read. I'll install a set of Amps on it once i get the truck i suppose.

jeepkevin

Reaction score
I just purchased a 21' and used the Ram site to build, price and find. I had to sift through the info but tracked down vehicles I liked that were not yet delivered to the dealers. I called, was honest, and said I would put a deposit down to secure. Best price came from a local dealer with almost $4000 of sticker. I bought through the fleet department, they asked one time if I was interested in any warranties. We test drove, and was in and out of finance in about 40mins. Would have been faster except the printer was kinda slow. I was willing to fly and drive. Only thing I didn't get was the larger radio but the aftermarket seems to have that covered. Time vs air fare, I'll just add the 8.4 later. And actually the little 5.0 may be fine. Time will tell.

mcarey

Reaction score
Well thats no fun. Im in D1 also but ordered 3/31. Here's to hoping D1 doesn't take several weeks.

I was going to order power steps on mine but read on this forum that some folks are having their trucks stuck at the vendor for a few weeks to get the steps installed. Seems crazy to me, but i opted out of that spec because of what i read. I'll install a set of Amps on it once i get the truck i suppose.
I ordered 4/5, and was told that "D1 and any day now" thing on 4/10. It's still any day now. :D

gimmie11s

Reaction score
How often are you getting or asking for updates? I try to check once a week usually on Mondays.

mcarey

Reaction score
How often are you getting or asking for updates? I try to check once a week usually on Mondays.
Starting last week, I've done RAM-chat on Mondays, and e-mailed Phillip on Thursdays. Don't want to be too annoying to anyone. Figure once a week is good enough.

Scooter29

Reaction score

Ordered mine with Phil on 3/31 also. Ram chat just told me parts are available and should enter build soon. So just the generic some time soon ha. Phil couldnt add the power steps when ordering without it making him change to the higher Laramie package so he said he’ll just order them once the truck is built and have the dealer install them. It’s hard to pass up as a $900 option compared to $1200+ aftermarket.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Ordered mine with Phil on 3/31 also. Ram chat just told me parts are available and should enter build soon. So just the generic some time soon ha. Phil couldnt add the power steps when ordering without it making him change to the higher Laramie package so he said he’ll just order them once the truck is built and have the dealer install them. It’s hard to pass up as a $900 option compared to $1200+ aftermarket.

My experience is similar. Phil told me this week i have an estimated ship date of May 4. I thought that was crazy optimistic so i jumped onto Ram Chat and thats when the lady told me "any day now" to build my truck. Knowing it only takes a couple days to physically build it once it begins, that made the May 4 timeframe seem a tad more realistic.

Im still loosing planning a trip up there for end of June/early July but hopefully im surprised and have to go up sooner.

Reaction score
Crap. Didn’t know that was an option. I didn’t get them also as I didn’t want the Laramie 2 package. I just ordered my amps. This sucks. Is he ordering the factory steps? What’s the install cost?

Scooter29

Reaction score
Crap. Didn’t know that was an option. I didn’t get them also as I didn’t want the Laramie 2 package. I just ordered my amps. This sucks. Is he ordering the factory steps? What’s the install cost?
Yes he’s going to order the factory power folding steps once my truck is built. He said it will be the same price as the option to add them when building so I think it’s $895 or $995 as an option when building. He did not mention anything about if there will be an install charge. But I’m hoping there won’t be as it’s a weird system problem where it won’t let it be added to the order without a package change.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
2021 Tradesman 2500, 4x4, 6.4, Chrome, Snow Chief, Off Road, Uconnect 4, and a few other options

MSRP $48,325

“Affiliated partners price” $44,101 (this amount wasn’t listed anywhere on the invoice – PP was $45,311)
Unknown dealer rebate ($1,000)
Ram direct mailer/email rebate ($750)
Doc fees $152
Sales Price $42,503

(sales price included dealer installed spray in bed liner and B&W gooseneck hitch (truck did not have the prep package) – value to me approx. $1k-1200)

The company I work for is a FCA Affiliate, but the dealer in my opinion definitely did better on price that they were “supposed” to – I say that as a couple other dealers priced out trucks using the affiliate price and the initial discount wasn’t even close. Before I mentioned the Affiliate program, had a couple dealers say they are sticking with selling them at sticker as I usually don’t use the supplier program as you can usually buy one cheaper than using those programs - first time using it for a Dodge

Contacted Mark Dodge and they were right at $6k off ordering one with fees (not including my $750 mailer rebate) – so about where I ended up having the bedliner and gooseneck installed in with the deal.

Given the current market – I figured it was a decent price on a lower end tradesman

Already submitted for the Allstate bonus drive so I guess $250 for gas at some point
One last thing I noticed that was a little surprising, the base price of a 2021 Tradesman, 4x4, crew cab short bed ranged from $40,500, $40,800, $41,150, and now they are $41,475. Noticed this as I found about 10 trucks that met my “criteria” - so it’s possible a truck equipped the exact same as another one may be $1k more/less…I know they big three normally have price increases mid-year, but four in 6 months or so and a $1k increase was a little surprising

Reaction score
Yes he’s going to order the factory power folding steps once my truck is built. He said it will be the same price as the option to add them when building so I think it’s $895 or $995 as an option when building. He did not mention anything about if there will be an install charge. But I’m hoping there won’t be as it’s a weird system problem where it won’t let it be added to the order without a package change.
That’s awesome. Let me know how it works out. My amps won’t be here for a few weeks.

pkane

Mall Terrain truck owners founding member
Reaction score
No update. Had hoped to see documents appear under cryptostickers around now that I'm at the 30 day mark.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I got a quote from Aaron a Mark Dodge, and Craig at Koons today for a Laramie 6.4 Aaron was $200 less on the deal, and $700 cheaper on the doc fees! Koons has a wait list to place an order currently, and that requires a $1000 deposit. I am going to see if I can get close locally, otherwise Aaron will get the deal, and I will get a long road trip. $60,165 MSRP $53,000 out the door.

jm888

Reaction score
I got a quote from Aaron a Mark Dodge, and Craig at Koons today for a Laramie 6.4 Aaron was $200 less on the deal, and $700 cheaper on the doc fees! Koons has a wait list to place an order currently, and that requires a $1000 deposit. I am going to see if I can get close locally, otherwise Aaron will get the deal, and I will get a long road trip. $60,165 MSRP $53,000 out the door.
What happens as far as sales tax when you purchase out of state? Do they collect your state's sales tax or does that out the door price not include sales tax and you have to pay it when you get it registered in your state?

tuckjack

Reaction score
Is this an allocation issue for them? Koons that is.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Is this an allocation issue for them? Koons that is.
Yes. This is what he said to me.

The shortage of semiconductors has limited allocation for all manufacturers across the United States, and has reduced our ability to place factory orders. We do currently have a wait list in which orders will be placed on a first come first serve basis. Wait list is a 1,000 non refundable deposit which will secure your place in line to place your order.

We are unable to provide a time frame in which we can place the order, but will do so as soon as possible. As the ability to order inventory increases, you will be notified when the order can be placed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Good luck getting a dealer to install factory power steps on a truck. Unless the 21's have changed things, there's a lot more to it to add the missing control modules and wiring inside the truck in addition to just the steps. Wouldn't be surprised if they slap AMP steps on it and call it good.

If you have issues, reach out to Jimmy07 here on the forum. He can build a custom harness and directions to get it working.

Scooter29

Reaction score
Good luck getting a dealer to install factory power steps on a truck. Unless the 21's have changed things, there's a lot more to it to add the missing control modules and wiring inside the truck in addition to just the steps. Wouldn't be surprised if they slap AMP steps on it and call it good.

If you have issues, reach out to Jimmy07 here on the forum. He can build a custom harness and directions to get it working.
I’ll look into this, thank you for the heads up.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
What happens as far as sales tax when you purchase out of state? Do they collect your state's sales tax or does that out the door price not include sales tax and you have to pay it when you get it registered in your state?
I'm in NH. We do not have a sales tax just a very expensive registration cost.

Users who are viewing this thread