Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I found a truck that was very close to what I wanted in options enroute to Kernersville. I reached out for a quote, and was told that all trucks in transit will be sold at MSRP until further notice.

Carpenterhow

Reaction score
Someone should i form Edmund's about all these fantastic deals.

Price breakdown
Body type: Crew Cab
Trim: Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 8A)
Edmunds
Suggested Price
$70,502
Invoice Price
$71,158
MSRP
$76,575
The Edmunds Suggested Price is what we recommend you pay, not including taxes or fees. It is based on our analysis of millions of data points, including supply, demand, incentives, options and recent nearby transactions.

• MSRP Base Price
    $52,350
  • ColorsEdit
    $0
    • Interior: Black
      $0
    • Exterior: Bright White Clear Coat
      $0
  • PackagesEdit
    $6,385
    • Quick Order Package 2HH
      $0
    • Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group
      Included
    • Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
      $4,195
    • Safety Group
      $1,095
    • Towing Technology Group
      $1,095
  • Mechanical optionsEdit
    $11,750
    • 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
      $0
    • 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbodiesel Engine
      $9,300
    • 220 Amp Alternator
      Included
    • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
      $445
    • Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
      $1,705
    • Adaptive Steering System
      $300
  • Interior optionsEdit
    $1,995
    • Uconnect 12.0" w/Navigation
      $1,995
  • Exterior optionsEdit
    $2,255
    • Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
      Included
    • Power Sunroof
      $1,095
    • LED Bed Lighting
      $165
    • Center Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
      Included
    • Power Deployable Running Boards
      $995
  • Safety featuresEdit
    $145
    • Rear Backup Alarm
      $145
  • Destination fee
    $1,695
  • Total MSRP
    $76,575
  • True Market Value
    $70,502
  • Incentives & Rebates
    ($0)
Edmunds suggests you pay
$70,502

pkane

Mall Terrain truck owners founding member
Reaction score
I found a truck that was very close to what I wanted in options enroute to Kernersville. I reached out for a quote, and was told that all trucks in transit will be sold at MSRP until further notice.

I can see where trucks on the lot might hold to MSRP given the supply.

MSRP was the common response working with Sales folks. As soon as I started working with the General Manager at that same location, they didn't press MSRP.

Enumclaw Dodge and Tacoma Dodge eventually landed on 6% under invoice after speaking with the General Manager over 30 days. I went with Bud Clary as Philip Olson was straight forward the first time I asked.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone should i form Edmund's about all these fantastic deals.

Price breakdown
Body type: Crew Cab
Trim: Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 8A)
Edmunds
Suggested Price
$70,502
Invoice Price
$71,158
MSRP
$76,575
The Edmunds Suggested Price is what we recommend you pay, not including taxes or fees. It is based on our analysis of millions of data points, including supply, demand, incentives, options and recent nearby transactions.

• MSRP Base Price
    $52,350
  • ColorsEdit
    $0
    • Interior: Black
      $0
    • Exterior: Bright White Clear Coat
      $0
  • PackagesEdit
    $6,385
    • Quick Order Package 2HH
      $0
    • Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group
      Included
    • Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
      $4,195
    • Safety Group
      $1,095
    • Towing Technology Group
      $1,095
  • Mechanical optionsEdit
    $11,750
    • 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
      $0
    • 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbodiesel Engine
      $9,300
    • 220 Amp Alternator
      Included
    • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
      $445
    • Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
      $1,705
    • Adaptive Steering System
      $300
  • Interior optionsEdit
    $1,995
    • Uconnect 12.0" w/Navigation
      $1,995
  • Exterior optionsEdit
    $2,255
    • Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
      Included
    • Power Sunroof
      $1,095
    • LED Bed Lighting
      $165
    • Center Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera
      Included
    • Power Deployable Running Boards
      $995
  • Safety featuresEdit
    $145
    • Rear Backup Alarm
      $145
  • Destination fee
    $1,695
  • Total MSRP
    $76,575
  • True Market Value
    $70,502
  • Incentives & Rebates
    ($0)
Edmunds suggests you pay
$70,502

I found Truecar to be close if you look at the deep discount end of their pricing data.

cdrjack

Reaction score
I can see where trucks on the lot might hold to MSRP given the supply.

MSRP was the common response working with Sales folks. As soon as I started working with the General Manager at that same location, they didn't press MSRP.

Enumclaw Dodge and Tacoma Dodge eventually landed on 6% under invoice after speaking with the General Manager over 30 days. I went with Bud Clary as Philip Olson was straight forward the first time I asked.
Phillip Olson is a national treasure, and I sincerely thank this forum for pointing me his way. I'm in the chute for ordering a Ram 4500 Laramie as we speak and he has been absolutely head and shoulders above all other dealers in his direct and fair pricing, great communication, and willingness to ship the received truck several thousand miles to me. I mistakenly thought he was in my half of the country, and even after finding out he wasn't, he's still getting the sale from his super pricing.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Phillip Olson is a national treasure, and I sincerely thank this forum for pointing me his way. I'm in the chute for ordering a Ram 4500 Laramie as we speak and he has been absolutely head and shoulders above all other dealers in his direct and fair pricing, great communication, and willingness to ship the received truck several thousand miles to me. I mistakenly thought he was in my half of the country, and even after finding out he wasn't, he's still getting the sale from his super pricing.

He's awesome. I texted him today to get an update on my order and he happened to be in the middle of a zoom meeting. He apologized (not necessary) and only a few minutes later responded with a screen shot and current update.

His customer service and pricing are 2nd to none.

mcarey

Reaction score
He's awesome. I texted him today to get an update on my order and he happened to be in the middle of a zoom meeting. He apologized (not necessary) and only a few minutes later responded with a screen shot and current update.

His customer service and pricing are 2nd to none.
I should start texting him. I've been using email and he replies at some crazy hours. Not sure if that's just his preference or something, but I hate to think he's working at 1130PM.

cdrjack

Reaction score
I should start texting him. I've been using email and he replies at some crazy hours. Not sure if that's just his preference or something, but I hate to think he's working at 1130PM.
He did mention that he's been drowning in orders lately, so I'm afraid to think that might actually be the case. Gotta make hay while the sun's shining, I suppose. From the reports I'm hearing from local dealers, they're not daring to lose a dollar on an April sale when they don't know how many speculative/lot refill orders they're going to get in over the summer.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

True! Ive talked to the guy in the morning, afternoon, and after 11 at night .

Matter of fact, he put my order in after 11pm on March 31 lol. Guy works like crazy.

Scooter29

Reaction score
True! Ive talked to the guy in the morning, afternoon, and after 11 at night .

Matter of fact, he put my order in after 11pm on March 31 lol. Guy works like crazy.
Ha, mine he put in at 930 that same night.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Good luck getting a dealer to install factory power steps on a truck. Unless the 21's have changed things, there's a lot more to it to add the missing control modules and wiring inside the truck in addition to just the steps. Wouldn't be surprised if they slap AMP steps on it and call it good.

If you have issues, reach out to Jimmy07 here on the forum. He can build a custom harness and directions to get it working.
This is why i ordered my truck with the steps this time , Dealer said still cant add them to 2019-2021 models without a whole new dash wiring harness , And honestly they are way cheaper to order with the truck then put amp steps on afterwards. Mine oem steps work awesome on my 21 model by the way.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I ordered last night through Aaron @ Mark Dodge. a few emails back and forth over two days, and about a 5 minute phone call and we were done.

21 2500 Mega Cab Laramie Hemi Delmonico red night edition. MSRP $62,575 Sell price $54,927 + $219 in dealer fees, which I didnt even question since he made the deal so effortless. Just over 12% off MSRP. build.png

Peted67bird

Reaction score
Is there a good dealer to use in Illinois, Wisconsin? Looking for a 1500 Laramie. Also, I have tried for 3 weeks to get the 1500 pop-up, are these still active? I would greatly appreciate if someone got the pop-up and doesn't need it.

Last edited:

bchandler44

Reaction score
I reached out to Phillip Olson and put my order in yesterday. I absolutely recommend him to anyone that’s able to get to Washington. Top notch dude, and gave me pricing better than any other dealer I spoke to with 0 back and forth.

MSRP $67505
Sale price $59100
About 12.5% off MSRP before incentives

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I reached out to Phillip Olson and put my order in yesterday. I absolutely recommend him to anyone that’s able to get to Washington. Top notch dude, and gave me pricing better than any other dealer I spoke to with 0 back and forth.

MSRP $67505
Sale price $59100
About 12.5% off MSRP before incentives

He's the real deal. I ordered from him 3/31 and my truck was built this week. It is in shipping stage and has a dealer ETA of 5/19 to 6/2.

Good times and happy i went with Phil!

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Is there a good dealer to use in Illinois, Wisconsin? Looking for a 1500 Laramie. Also, I have tried for 3 weeks to get the 1500 pop-up, are these still active? I would greatly appreciate if someone got the pop-up and doesn't need it.
I bought from Jeff Belsen in lake view, minn.

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
I'm amazed by the number of dealers in the northeast Oklahoma area that refuse to come off MSRP for a built order. I had one quote me 5% over "Because RAM isn't building custom orders right now due to parts shortages and we'd have to convince the factory to build it the way you want it." Looks like I'll ultimately have to go with Koons or Mark Dodge and make a road trip. I get it, there's a parts shortage and others are willing to pay near MSRP but I'm a low effort sale; I know what I want, have financing already and am familiar with the process. You'll make some money off me, it won't be your house payment though.

I can't wait for direct-to-consumer car sales.

Cricketman

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck getting an order number submitted for a 3500 build? I just got a call saying that the factory is not accepting orders for 21 and they are moving to 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread