Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

daemonic3

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to do my own math as best I can here, but the initial MSRP->Invoice % discount is fuzzy to me. I have seen only one pricing sheet for a truck with "MSRP Retail Price" around $109k. Then it has Factory Wholesale Price, that I assume is invoice, and all the numbers sum up INCLUDING D&D to nearly $103k. I assume D&D doesn't scale so the ratio of FWP/MSRP is either just around 94.1% or 94.2%. Inversely, invoice is either 5.7% or 5.8% off MSRP, for this one particular fully loaded truck.

There is a dealer in california offering Invoice minus 4% for custom orders. And as of today, Stellantis has "10% off MSRP" showing up in incentives. I don't *think* these are stackable, so my question for the experts is, for a truck optioned to roughly ~$105k, would you take invoice minus 4% or MSRP minus 10%?

Another wrench is I have a control number for Preferred Pricing (yes, I realize everyone can get one) but does anyone think the Stellantis 10% deal can stack on Preferred Pricing? I realize it is slim but I'm going to ask all this stuff before ordering. Hearing others with order experience helps me with making my case.

Lastly, I know rebates/incentives are lockable on order date through order protection. BUT, is a "10% off MSRP" also lockable? It isn't technically called a rebate nor incentive...

Any help appreciated as I come up to speed on all this stuff

Thanks,
-T

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You'll need to clarify with the dealer themselves whether or not they are willing to "stack" anything and whether or not they're going to honor your affiliate pricing as well. Then, find out their documentation fees, and if they have any other required add-ons, markups, or other malarkey like forced financing etc.

For us, a factory order truck with an MSRP of $109,000 would look like this:

MSRP
$109,000​
Dealer Discount 11%
-$11,990​
Ram rebate 10%
-$10,900​
Affiliate
-$970​
Doc Fee & Temp Tags
$429​
Total before tax/reg
$85,569​

daemonic3

Reaction score
You'll need to clarify with the dealer themselves whether or not they are willing to "stack" anything and whether or not they're going to honor your affiliate pricing as well. Then, find out their documentation fees, and if they have any other required add-ons, markups, or other malarkey like forced financing etc.

For us, a factory order truck with an MSRP of $109,000 would look like this:

MSRP
$109,000​
Dealer Discount 11%
-$11,990​
Ram rebate 10%
-$10,900​
Affiliate
-$970​
Doc Fee & Temp Tags
$429​
Total before tax/reg
$85,569​

Thank you Anthony! That is so insanely good, I'm just trying to get a truck <$90k here in California. Only positive thing about buying a car here is law restricts doc fees to $85 in the state. Nearly every other factor we get screwed on out here (namely, trade-ins dont reduce tax liability on the new purchase price).

May I ask, the "Ram rebate 10%" is the corporate discount as of today through 2/29/24, correct? You use the word "rebate" which gives me hope it is lockable and stackable. But I will obviously confirm with my fleet person.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you Anthony! That is so insanely good, I'm just trying to get a truck <$90k here in California. Only positive thing about buying a car here is law restricts doc fees to $85 in the state. Nearly every other factor we get screwed on out here (namely, trade-ins dont reduce tax liability on the new purchase price).

May I ask, the "Ram rebate 10%" is the corporate discount as of today through 2/29/24, correct? You use the word "rebate" which gives me hope it is lockable and stackable. But I will obviously confirm with my fleet person.
The 10% is a STANDALONE retail - so it stacks with only dealer discount, affiliate, EP, and military/first responder.
It does not stack with other rebates like $1K coupons, or regional cash, etc, and does not work for leasing.

daemonic3

Reaction score
The 10% is a STANDALONE retail - so it stacks with only dealer discount, affiliate, EP, and military/first responder.
It does not stack with other rebates like $1K coupons, or regional cash, etc, and does not work for leasing.

Amazing... So if I come in at PP, does it then become 10% off PP, or is it still 10% off MSRP, subtracted from the PP? We can continue in private, but I felt this question is valuable to anyone else that finds it here.

And just to confirm, if I have an email with $1k bonus cash valid at my delivery date, you're saying that $1k cannot stack? Sorry for being particular but I'm not clear if there is a difference between $1k coupon, $1k regional cash, or $1k bonus cash "unique certificate" in my email.

Tell3131

Reaction score
10% rebate is from Stellantis (Ram) and can be stacked with other rebates/discounts. If you have Private Cash that can be stacked too, but you might not be able to stack the private cash and the affiliate rebates if you qualify for those.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
10% rebate is from Stellantis (Ram) and can be stacked with other rebates/discounts. If you have Private Cash that can be stacked too, but you might not be able to stack the private cash and the affiliate rebates if you qualify for those.
The 10% from ram is called "National Standalone 10% Below MSRP"
It DOES stack with affiliate, first responder, military, and EP.
It does NOT stack with TDM coupons (private offer like the ram coupon from website, bonus cash from ram mastercard, etc).

You can see below that when I select the 10% ram rebate, the clickity box next to this customers TDM coupon for $1K becomes "gray'd out" and cannot be clicked to add.
1707435477074.png
Compared to when i start you can see the clicky box is open
1707435532341.png

daemonic3

Reaction score
You guys rock, thank you very much!

I guess my only questions left are, is the rebate:
1) 10% x (MSRP including $1995 D&D)
2) 10% x MSRP, D&D is still $1995 adder
3) if using PP, is rebate now 10% x PP instead

Thanks!
-T

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You guys rock, thank you very much!

I guess my only questions left are, is the rebate:
1) 10% x (MSRP including $1995 D&D)
2) 10% x MSRP, D&D is still $1995 adder
3) if using PP, is rebate now 10% x PP instead

Thanks!
-T
10% rebate is off FULL msrp. Msrp includes the destination, it's on the window sticker and included in that total.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time with CA dealers. If you’re lucky enough to find one that will come close to Mark Dodge- they will try to force you to buy a warranty, protection package or some other BS to get that price.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Don’t waste your time with CA dealers. If you’re lucky enough to find one that will come close to Mark Dodge- they will try to force you to buy a warranty, protection package or some other BS to get that price.
BS! My Califunny dealer beat the internet discounters and matched an internet Mopar Warranty discount price. They didn't pressure or force me on anything or try to add as you say "other BS". It was a pleasure doing business with my Califunny dealer and I didn't have to take the time or incur the expenses of flying to Mark and driving back to Califunny.

PS: They did it twice, once on my 2016 and again on my 2020

Last edited:

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
BS! My Califunny dealer beat the internet discounters and matched an internet Mopar Warranty discount price. They didn't pressure or force me on anything or try to add as you say "other BS". It was a pleasure doing business with my Califunny dealer and I didn't have to take the time or incur the expenses of flying to Mark and driving back to Califunny.

It’s very very rare to find a dealer in CA that doesn’t push add ons like protection pkgs or nitrogen etc. typically the ones who don’t are in the more rural areas. Of course you might get lucky or try turtle click in Irvine but for the most part, nobody will beat mark dodge or Koons unless they are dumping a unit on the lot to get their bonus or whatever else.

RichM752

Reaction score
I live in California. By far Mark Dodge was better than any deal I found in NoCal, Oregon, Washington, or Idaho.
Had my Ram shipped to Sacramento, and still saved over 3k. 50 days from day of order to when the truck was on the lot in Lake Charles.
Painless operation from start to finish.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Its showing 10% off 2024's but its only Laramie and up trim levels on 2500/3500. Cab Chassis and lower trim models are the lower rebates your seeing.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Its showing 10% off 2024's but its only Laramie and up trim levels on 2500/3500. Cab Chassis and lower trim models are the lower rebates your seeing.
@AnthonyRI
Is the 10% Ram rebate still good? Looks like they changed it back to $3500-$5000k off vs 10% off. ??

Well the first rule of fight club is never trust the website.
But yes the 10% RAM STANDALONE REBATE is live, on Laramie, Longhorn, Limited, Rebel, and Powerwagon
The Bighorn/tradesman got $3500.

it looks like we may be adjusting our dealer discount slightly after the weekend, will post up when we come to that conclusion after running some more figures.

werard

Reaction score

Care to share the name?

Reaction score
I second that your honor!!!

Users who are viewing this thread