Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price gouging is alive and well

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Pile on ever increasing Turdo carbon tax. Welcome to Canada….saving the world when they don’t give a crap about us. :oops: :mad:

jadmt

Reaction score
On average, Americans are spending $400-$500 a month more due to inflation and not getting anything for the additional money spent.

Lighting a match to 4 or 5 $100 bills every month…….think about that.

Not sure how this administration doesn’t have 0% approval rating. I believe they are on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they do in my household...and with every one I hang out with.

1FstGPa

Reaction score
Almost a sure thing, having the price increases, will help Mr Biden's campaign promise to "End the oil industry." 2.10 years and counting.

BTW - Some service stations are rationing fuel. Some by shutting down half their pumps.

And so it begins.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
See thats where you are wrong these increased prices just push people away from fuel burning vehicles and fuel/ oil consumption get lower not higher

See thats where you are wrong these increased prices just push people away from fuel burning vehicles and fuel/ oil consumption get lower not higher

No, I’m not wrong. You still have industries that HAVE to pay the price. Consumer oil consumption is only a drop in the bucket. Do you think major oil companies like ExxonMobil (who I’m drilling for currently) says “Hmmmm, I don’t think families are gonna travel as much if gas prices are to high. Let’s not ramp up production even though oil is over $100/bbl”.

Nahhhhh, they still have airlines (which most families will use because they think their automobile gas is to high), shipping industry, cross country truckers. And that’s not to mention the tons of industries that rely on other petroleum prices.

When I said I’m glad when gas prices go up, I didn’t mean I cared about how much people use. I’m just glad price of oil is up. Which still doesn’t mean much because it’s such a fickle commodity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

Reaction score
$4.89 is crazy town California pricing . . .

I wish.

CA pricing is $5.79/gal this morning on my way to work.

I mean they are gouging, but it's just not one station, it's all the stations. Look at the truck market, same thing. It's supply and demand.

100%

Crazy thing is, the supply could increase almost overnight with a simple change in US energy policy.

It's amazing how short-sighted Leftist ideologues are.

CharlieL

Reaction score
Be thankful you are not here, fuel just hit 7.28$ a Gal today… cost me 174$ to fill the truck from 1/4 tank
That's a serious OUCH! Most diesel in Albuquerque is at $4.69. My favorite station took an 80 cent jump overnight from yesterday to today.

Pronto

Reaction score
I wish.

CA pricing is $5.79/gal this morning on my way to work.

100%

Crazy thing is, the supply could increase almost overnight with a simple change in US energy policy.

It's amazing how short-sighted Leftist ideologues are.

It's not short-sighted, it's by design. You need high energy prices to sell the green energy boondoggle.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Our provincial government here in Alberta are supposedly in the bunker this weekend trying to come up with some ointment for our buts. :oops: However are federal commie government will just let us freeze in the dark.:mad:

waveslayer

Reaction score
I paid $5.53 this morning for diesel, 91 was $5.23 and 87 $4.89.

Yes that oil independence was a baaaaaad thing. Thanks Uncle Joe, you did this

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 21465

Most stations are notified of price increases as soon as they go up from the bulk plants. It doesn't matter if the load in the ground cost more they raise prices right away as they know when they refill their tanks they will pay more. The higher cost was factored into Bidens ending of leases on federal land and the stopping of construction on the keystone. Biden wants to impress the EU and we can all see now that they really haven't been going green, they have just stopped all their own production and have been buying from Russia. We currently only get 3% of our oil from Russia so if Biden wanted to ease the pain he could easily relax the regulations he himself put in place and open federal leases back up. That however would go against his forcing green on us which was why he canceled the leases in the first place. It was supposed to be more painful so we look at electric.

RichM752

Reaction score
Oil can of Fosters Lager was 2.79 last week, 3.29 today.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah Keystone…. What a kick in the nuts! Thanks uncle Joe.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As I understand, it was more the cancellation of fed land leases that killed more drilling and fracking.

Keystone (Phase I-II-III) has been running since 2010, The Phase IV XL pipeline was only 8% complete, but would have moved more oil in a larger pipeline for the northern half of the system and would have provided an upload port in Baker MT for the large oil reserves there.

Darmichar

Reaction score
As I understand, it was more the cancellation of fed land leases that killed more drilling and fracking.

Keystone (Phase I-II-III) has been running since 2010, The Phase IV XL pipeline was only 8% complete, but would have moved more oil in a larger pipeline for the northern half of the system and would have provided an upload port in Baker MT for the large oil reserves there.
This. Everyone keeps ragging on the "Keystone Pipeline". The Keystone Pipeline is running. The Keystone XL pipeline that was being built is only about 8-10% complete. The only thing lost shutting down the XL pipeline was jobs.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This. Everyone keeps ragging on the "Keystone Pipeline". The Keystone Pipeline is running. The Keystone XL pipeline that was being built is only about 8-10% complete. The only thing lost shutting down the XL pipeline was jobs.

To be clear, it still sucks it was shut down, and the shutdown of the leases sucks even more.

If they're going to kill O&G at least get off your collective asses and get Gen IV Nuclear power plants built ASAP.

This Green Energy BS is just more big gov trying to control the populace.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Regardless, it was all part of shutting down our energy independence. That's not working out to well for us. But make it so bad EV is the way to go, all part of his misinformed agenda

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread