Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price gouging is alive and well

MegaStro

Reaction score
Hard to let a world crisis go to waste... Buckle in boys, 70 cent increase in 24 hours. No way did they get a delivery with "new" pricing!Nuts.jpg

tyler2you

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that last weekend when Diesel was $4.09 there and I choked. The Mapco just down the street had it for $3.69.

$4.89 is crazy town California pricing . . .IMG_0066.jpg

MegaStro

Reaction score
Paid $3.999 in New Hope on the way home. Mapco sent the discount last night and then went up before Thursday morning.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
We filled up when stuff in Ukraine started before prices shot up.

Here's hoping it doesn't last into summer, but I've got energy stocks too, so there's always the upside on that.

MegaStro

Reaction score
I am willing to pay more if we can get Russia to stop what they are doing but there is no way all of these stations got deliveries at the new cost yet. Taking advantage, especially the Ambulance filling up ;)

jadmt

Reaction score
If we would stop buying russian oil and start pumping our own wells full bore we would have lower gas prices and help Ukraine because Putin would not be able to fund the war effort. we pay him for oil so he can buy more bombs...that is all...

2500Helena

Reaction score
If we would stop buying russian oil and start pumping our own wells full bore we would have lower gas prices and help Ukraine because Putin would not be able to fund the war effort. we pay him for oil so he can buy more bombs...that is all...
The current administration of brain dead fools will drive us poor.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I am willing to pay more if we can get Russia to stop what they are doing but there is no way all of these stations got deliveries at the new cost yet. Taking advantage, especially the Ambulance filling up ;)

Fuel prices are based on the market, not what a station paid for a particular truck load of fuel. That's why it fluctuates, always been that way. They are not gouging you ....no more then normal anyway.

RichM752

Reaction score
Went to town yesterday and saw 5.09 at the local station.
I've got about 110 gallons of 3.59 diesel in the barn.
What ever price is, I can drive 80 miles north and save .90 per gallon.
Just gotta incorporate the monthly Costco run into the scheme of things.

RichM752

Reaction score
And I was at the local rip off grocery store yesterday. An oil can of Fosters went from 2.79 to 3.29. I'm telling you it's out of control.

mcspeed

Reaction score
On average, Americans are spending $400-$500 a month more due to inflation and not getting anything for the additional money spent.

Lighting a match to 4 or 5 $100 bills every month…….think about that.

Not sure how this administration doesn’t have 0% approval rating. I believe they are on their way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I love seeing the prices jump. Job security especially when it’s more than $100 a bbl!

AJ608

Reaction score
On average, Americans are spending $400-$500 a month more due to inflation and not getting anything for the additional money spent.

Lighting a match to 4 or 5 $100 bills every month…….think about that.

Not sure how this administration doesn’t have 0% approval rating. I believe they are on their way.

I'd guess the people that approve are the ones getting paid to stay home

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I love seeing the prices jump. Job security especially when it’s more than $100 a bbl!

See thats where you are wrong these increased prices just push people away from fuel burning vehicles and fuel/ oil consumption get lower not higher

UglyViking

Reaction score
Fuel prices are based on the market, not what a station paid for a particular truck load of fuel. That's why it fluctuates, always been that way. They are not gouging you ....no more then normal anyway.
I mean they are gouging, but it's just not one station, it's all the stations. Look at the truck market, same thing. It's supply and demand.

Users who are viewing this thread