Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price gouging is alive and well

Darmichar

Reaction score
Regardless, it was all part of shutting down our energy independence. That's not working out to well for us. But make it so bad EV is the way to go, all part of his misinformed agenda

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I'm not denying the fact that Biden has the country bent over a barrel and is leading us down the road to ruin.
I keep seeing this 'argument' for the Keystone pipeline and it's just people that haven't taken the time to research and fully understand what is going on.

RichM752

Reaction score
As I remember in the late 70's and all through the 80's, Alaskan crude being shipped from Valdez was for domestic use only.
It seems that has changed and now a percentage of that crude is being shipped to China.

kobra

Reaction score
Ya, sure, the return to traffic after a worldwide shutdown and a war restricting oil production for the whole world have NOTHING to do with anything. And of course the whole world is completely dependent on one of the 3 branches of the US government to make their own choices for their countries.
Yup, yup, yup, Jethro and Billie Bob are in full agreement so it must be right.

Funny? Maybe for some, but not for those who can think beyond a 3rd grade explanation.
But, I probably get banned because I challenge something that seems to echo the popular political opinions here. BTW, if you think I vote Liberal; I don't, not at all.

Brad

Jsboening

Reaction score
I can only imagine the $hitstorm the democrats would be raising right now if the evil orange man was still in office. But right now you only hear crickets. Just waiting for the other bomb to drop. Literally. We are so close to an all out war with the two poorest qualified people at the helm. What were we to expect? Only three more years to go. God help us all. And I mean that truly.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Ya, sure, the return to traffic after a worldwide shutdown and a war restricting oil production for the whole world have NOTHING to do with anything. And of course the whole world is completely dependent on one of the 3 branches of the US government to make their own choices for their countries.

Funny? Maybe for some, but not for those who can think beyond a 3rd grade explanation.
But, I probably get banned because I challenge something that seems to echo the popular political opinions here. BTW, if you think I vote Liberal; I don't, not at all.

Brad
Boy Brad, you're a laugh a minute, you must have lots of friends.

In "normal" times when demand goes up as you've mentioned, production would likely go up as well. It would be nothing new to see price hikes as we've all dealt with seasonal swings virtually every year, but the past year is a bit more than the average seasonal swing. Yet U.S. domestic crude production was down about a quarter million barrels per day in 2021 in the face of all this increased demand, recovery from the shutdown, etc. Wonder why that is? Could it be some unnatural tampering with the "free" market supply and demand dynamics? I wish I was as smart as you, then I could definitely figure this conundrum out. Now excuse me, I have a big pot o collard greens and fatback waiting for me. Oh, you thought we were all too dumb to realize your insult?

Now, back on topic, I saw plenty of $4.99 diesel yesterday in NE Oklahoma even though crude has been coming back down. I guess I'm still waiting for it at the pump. I wish it would come back down as fast as it went up. Unfortunately, around here the price at the pump goes up daily with the market and comes back down as stations receive new batches of fuel.

sanda

Reaction score

Brad
The price for fuel was near record rates before the invasion. It is a convenient distraction from all the other failures of this administration. What a shame that so many went for this crap because they didn't like a mans personality.

kobra

Reaction score

In "normal" times when demand goes up as you've mentioned, production would likely go up as well. It would be nothing new to see price hikes as we've all dealt with seasonal swings virtually every year, but the past year is a bit more than the average seasonal swing. Yet U.S. domestic crude production was down about a quarter million barrels per day in 2021 in the face of all this increased demand, recovery from the shutdown, etc. Wonder why that is? Could it be some unnatural tampering with the "free" market supply and demand dynamics? I wish I was as smart as you, then I could definitely figure this conundrum out. Now excuse me, I have a big pot o collard greens and fatback waiting for me. Oh, you thought we were all too dumb to realize your insult?

Now, back on topic, I saw plenty of $4.99 diesel yesterday in NE Oklahoma even though crude has been coming back down. I guess I'm still waiting for it at the pump. I wish it would come back down as fast as it went up. Unfortunately, around here the price at the pump goes up daily with the market and comes back down as stations receive new batches of fuel.

My reply was moved from the "funny pics" thread, so that is the context I replied in. Taken out of context, as it is now, makes my comments seem very different than I intended.

I appreciate your reply, and completely agree that political policies in countries, especially the #1 producer of oil in the world, will have an affect on the price of oil. But I think your comments ("down a quarter million barrels per day in 2021") shows how little influence that actually has on the current situation. Thus, how little the current administrations policies are directly responsible. (I think you've done the math, so I assume you know what I mean and I don't have to present it here; but if any need to look at demand graphs overlaid on the above, they are readily available with a quick search and would show how naive the original "funny" graph is)

I'm not a fan of Biden; I live in oil and gas country, and we lost thousands of jobs the day he took power. But when I see something so ridiculously blown out of proportion and presented as "funny", I responded as I did. And I stand by my comments with that context in mind.

Brad

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My reply was moved from the "funny pics" thread, so that is the context I replied in. Taken out of context, as it is now, makes my comments seem very different than I intended.

I appreciate your reply, and completely agree that political policies in countries, especially the #1 producer of oil in the world, will have an affect on the price of oil. But I think your comments ("down a quarter million barrels per day in 2021") shows how little influence that actually has on the current situation. Thus, how little the current administrations policies are directly responsible. (I think you've done the math, so I assume you know what I mean and I don't have to present it here; but if any need to look at demand graphs overlaid on the above, they are readily available with a quick search and would show how naive the original "funny" graph is)

I'm not a fan of Biden; I live in oil and gas country, and we lost thousands of jobs the day he took power. But when I see something so ridiculously blown out of proportion and presented as "funny", I responded as I did. And I stand by my comments with that context in mind.

Brad

Which is why the referenced post which didn't belong in that thread, including your reply, was moved. Sorry if that caused heartburn by making it seem out of context, but it is what it is. Sometimes others get caught up in the fray.

kobra

Reaction score
Which is why the referenced post which didn't belong in that thread, including your reply, was moved. Sorry if that caused heartburn by making it seem out of context, but it is what it is. Sometimes others get caught up in the fray.
Oh for sure, and I suspected that's what happened.
I'm a big boy, I have thick skin ;)

Brad

Cseybert

Reaction score

Agree.

Blythkd1

Reaction score

Brad
Peace brother. It makes a little more sense now.

SL1

Reaction score
Cheers Brad! I can see your point.
No heartburn here, Ill be more careful with what and where I post.

Users who are viewing this thread