Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Zinga

Reaction score
Update: I'm dropping my off at the detailer tomorrow, late Tuesday morning. It'll be done on Friday or Saturday (about 4 days). I knew it was going to take at least 2 days because all the conversations I've had with two local detailers, who have been in business for the last 25+ years, said at least 2 days but mentioned that it could take up to 5. Yet, some coatings take less time if fewer layers are applied, or no surface prep is done.

Last edited:

Stavo

Reaction score
what kind of ceramic coating did you get? from what i know of that process, there are multiple washes sandwiching a paint correction process...even for brand new cars.....and once it's applied, there's a curing process that keeps the car garaged for a whole day at least. i haven't heard of a ceramic coating that can be considered a finished job that can happen in a few hours.

while i have had a couple of cars that i have had this done to, i'm by no means an expert, so i'm asking sincerely.
Technically they call it 'glass coat'. Took them about an hour or so to apply along with interior protection. The literature says it creates a ceramic barrier, but I am not sure if that is exactly the same thing as what you'd get at a detail shop.

It had just been detailed with delivery so much of the cleaning prep was already done. Honestly no idea what their application entailed but it was handed to us 90 minutes later or so. Simoniz site says it should take an hour or less on new car and doesn't need to be reapplied for 10 years.

Manapua

Reaction score
Are you hiding your winch cable on the PW ?
I hadn’t yet attached the lead when I took the pictures.

On a side note, when I went to pick up the truck from the dealer and started my walk around, I asked where the accessories for the winch were. She didn’t think even know it came with a winch until I showed her. I tried to explain to her it is also supposed to have a hook and a strap that attaches in the front. She didn’t understand what I was talking about and I told her there should be a red strap in front. She called in to someone and they told her it was something additional I would have to purchase. As she was saying she can get a price for it, I found the accessories stored under the back seat. Dealers :rolleyes:

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
......................I asked where the accessories for the winch were. She didn’t think even know it came with a winch until I showed her. I tried to explain to her it is also supposed to have a hook and a strap that attaches in the front. She didn’t understand what I was talking about and I told her there should be a red strap in front. She called in to someone and they told her it was something additional I would have to purchase. As she was saying she can get a price for it, I found the accessories stored under the back seat. Dealers :rolleyes:

Sad.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I hadn’t yet attached the lead when I took the pictures.

On a side note, when I went to pick up the truck from the dealer and started my walk around, I asked where the accessories for the winch were. She didn’t think even know it came with a winch until I showed her. I tried to explain to her it is also supposed to have a hook and a strap that attaches in the front. She didn’t understand what I was talking about and I told her there should be a red strap in front. She called in to someone and they told her it was something additional I would have to purchase. As she was saying she can get a price for it, I found the accessories stored under the back seat. Dealers :rolleyes:

Ha that's funny, after I got to know my salesman, I asked him this question and ask him not to take offence. I ask him do you really know the product he's selling. In other words, do you know as much as I do doing the research. He looked a little surprised and then smiled. I explained to him in all my years purchasing over twenty new vehicles how many times I couldn't believe how it seemed dealers went out of there way, making the deal go sour. Example: my last truck, from a Ram dealer, the DEF tank was 1/4 full.. Yep a 69K truck and they were to cheap to top that thing off. I told him it didn't set will . For ALL of the $$$ for these trucks, I need to feel good.

Last edited:

Zinga

Reaction score
I dropped of my truck today at the detailer for the ceramic coating(s). It'll take 3 days plus curing so I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday. So, no new pictures until then. But, I received this today:

I got tired of dealing with heavy 5th wheel hitches.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I dropped of my truck today at the detailer for the ceramic coating(s). It'll take 3 days plus curing so I won't be able to pick it up until Saturday. So, no new pictures until then. But, I received this today:
View attachment 812

I got tired of dealing with heavy 5th wheel hitches.

I just got my Andersen hitch last week, still waiting for the truck to arrive. Cant wait to try it.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
That Andersen hitch is the best I've ever used. I don't tow a 5th wheel now, but if I did, I would have one. I'll be interested to hear your experiences with it!

regal2800

Reaction score
The anderson or a reese goosebox are the two best ways to tow a 5th wheel rv. you will be very happy with it.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
My Limited finally came in today. I was there when it came off the truck and they let me be the first one to drive it. Drove it into the service quick lane so they could do their pre delivery inspection. Picking it up on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    818.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1483.JPG
    IMG_1483.JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    630.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1477.JPG
    IMG_1477.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 212

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I saw my first 1969 Plymouth GTX, I always sought the ways to tell the different Mopars of all eras... like 68 had circle turn signals and 69 had rectangular...

Well a new give away for 2019 is, if it has a column shifter it gotta be a Cummins.

Congrats on the new trucks that are popping up like dandelions.

This is the best RAM truck yet.

Users who are viewing this thread