Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive Thread!

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
We all tend to post issues we are having with our trucks. Let’s start a thread listing a few things we love about our trucks!

8 speed trans really seems to be a perfect match for the 6.4
Tradesman cloth seats really are comfortable
6.4 has a good amount of power. Really took my wife by surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just came across this thread doing some research. MobyDick I like your sentiment about being positive and I’m all in on the Dodge/RAM/FCA brand. I thought I would revive this thread since I just bought another truck and am VERY positive on the FCA brand...I have a truck addiction problem. I’ve owned a bunch of trucks over the course of my life and have converted from a devout GM guy to nothing but a RAM (Dodge) based on many of the reasons others have posted here. They just keep getting better/refined and upping performance.

The RAM interiors outclass the other 2 major manufacturers by a significant margin. Just with RAM/Dodge I’ve owned an ‘02 Dodge 1500 ST w/5.9 - a 05’ 1500 SLT w/5.7 Hemi - a 2013 1500 Longhorn w/5.7 Hemi - a 2017 2500 Limited w/6.7 Cummins - and presently own 2, a 2019 1500 Longhorn w/5.7 Hemi AND a 2019 2500 Laramie w/6.4 Hemi. So I can comment with experience they do just keep getting better and better. We’ve also owned 2 Grand Cherokees (5.7’s) and a 2016 Challenger w/6.4 scat pack and shaker - all of which were the wife’s cars, Just like Ricky Bobby she likes to go fast. She is also the current driver for the 2019 1500 Longhorn which is probably my CURRENT favorite but that can change when the new models come out. The interior of that truck is visual euphoria and how smooth it operates with the four corner air suspension makes it just simply amazing.

Still being positive - The only real problem I’ve ever had was limited to just one issue, with the 2017 2500 Limited diesel. It kept leaking around the crank seal before 30k miles and I lost confidence in it so we parted ways. I towed a 6500 lb travel trailer with it before the problem and it was a beast, effortlessly towed, never struggled. The autolevel air suspension was two part awesome - self leveling and it made for a soft riding HD truck when I wasn’t towing. I can’t say enough good things about FCA Customer support when I was going through the problems. There was no push back, no nothing, just helping me to get it fixed and tending to our relationship while making sure the truck was fixed to my satisfaction. That’s a huge deal for me, I’m sure we’ve all experienced being abandoned after the sale. I want to reiterate that’s THE only issue I’ve ever had. While it was a big one I understand sometimes it happens.

We just bought a new heavier travel trailer, 10k lbs so we needed a HD capable truck. The 1500 will tow it but we will be over on cargo capacity and it would be a white knuckle experience every time we traveled so we traded the commuter car and here we are. The new Laramie 2500 is beautiful. While it isn’t as plush as the Longhorn it’s pretty dang close. We went with the 6.4 Hemi this time and have towed 150 miles with it already. The experience is different than towing with the Cummins but between the two I prefer it so far. The new truck is also a daily driver and I like the responsiveness of that big ol’ gas motor driving in traffic when you have to make a quick move, it’ll get it done.

The interior of the new Laramie is awesome. It’s optioned very close to a higher trim level. It was a lucky find at great dealer close by. It was ordered by the dealer optioned about as close I could get without doing it myself. Sunroof delete, upgraded suspension, anti-spoon axle, Laramie Level 2 equipment group w/12.9 monitor. I feel like we got a really good deal. My wife is happiest of all, she benefitted the most out of this deal. She ended up with my beloved Longhorn, a sweet new travel trailer (completely her insistence) and at some point she will find a way to “borrow” the new 2500 too.

In closing, keeping with being positive - only you who read this and own one know what it feels like to sit in your truck and feel the happiness of driving the ultimate HD truck will understand where I’m coming from... I’m grateful to be at a place in life where I can finally afford nice things and count owning the trucks among them. While I realize they are just material things, stamped sheet metal that rusts and depreciates (but still awesome though), my wife and I both come from very humble beginnings and count our blessings for being able to have the ownership experience.

MaximumSteel

Reaction score
Not too many power wagons out there. I like the head-nod/thumbs-up/ fist-bump moments when passing, or pulling up beside one at a light.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I drive my 01 at least once a week to get my rattle fix! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still do! I am also gonna upgrade exhaust, fuel system, and tune On the o1

Users who are viewing this thread