Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

3500 LH HO SRW

Reaction score
All that info is here on the site. In this thread actually.

We have tried pointing that out. People still want to be angry when their truck doesn't have what it shows.

Sorry.

That should help.
When I was
All that info is here on the site. In this thread actually.

We have tried pointing that out. People still want to be angry when their truck doesn't have what it shows.

Sorry.

That should help.
When I was spec'ing out my Longhorn the low pay load capacity of the 2500( after adding all the options) is what drove me to get the 3500 HO SRW. I know I'm still loosing a lot of pay load by going with the SRW instead of a dulley but the SRW will do everything I need it to do.

TXGeorge

Reaction score
3500 Lone Star Mega cab, 6.7 HO

82c30b465d3d553666747047262080de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stavo

Reaction score
The draw to the Powerwagon is having a capable offroad truck that can tow.

The Powerwagon suspension is what loses the capacity.

It is setup for articulation and a better offroad ride .

Most do not use a Powerwagon for what it is meant to be, but those who do will completely understand.

And then there is the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package if you need a bit more capacity but all the capability
As Devil says, it's a bit of a compromise. I wanted an off road capable truck that can tow more than what I was able to with my FJ Cruiser but still go most of the off road places I did with the FJ.

Inthehills

Reaction score
The draw to the Powerwagon is having a capable offroad truck that can tow.

The Powerwagon suspension is what loses the capacity.

It is setup for articulation and a better offroad ride .

Most do not use a Powerwagon for what it is meant to be, but those who do will completely understand.

And then there is the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package if you need a bit more capacity but all the capability

Last edited:

dalepres

Reaction score
Maybe this will be easier to read. Sorry about the duplicate post.

Haha.... I should have read on. I saved the first one, rotated it on my computer, and then opened it... Thanks for posting the whole chart; it was very handy. It looks like I got as high a payload rating as I could with SRW and gas - well, at least I hope it comes in on the label as high as the online estimate they gave of 4360 compared to the max on the chart of 4480. If it comes in that way that means just 120 lost to accessories and options.

3500 LH HO SRW

Reaction score
Haha.... I should have read on. I saved the first one, rotated it on my computer, and then opened it... Thanks for posting the whole chart; it was very handy. It looks like I got as high a payload rating as I could with SRW and gas - well, at least I hope it comes in on the label as high as the online estimate they gave of 4360 compared to the max on the chart of 4480. If it comes in that way that means just 120 lost to accessories and options.
How did you get an online estimate for the pay load. All I found is the GVWR of 12,300, nothing on the pay load.

dalepres

Reaction score
How did you get an online estimate for the pay load. All I found is the GVWR of 12,300, nothing on the pay load.
Edit: click the link near the top that says "Lookup my vehicle"

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Do not use the website for an accurate payload. Even if you punch in the VIN, the number it spits out is incorrect.

Your best bet is to look through this thread and find someone with a similarly equipped vehicle to get an accurate payload #.

WYO

Reaction score
I have a 2019 3500 Laramie 4X4 with the HO CCSB

Attachments

• Payload.JPG
    Payload.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 132

Don-T

Reaction score
I just ordered my 2020 Longhorn Edition. 3500, 6.7 L HO, 4X4, Crew Cab, 8' Bed, SRW. Wondering what my GVW will be.
I have the ‘19 version of the truck you have on order. My GVW is 12,300 pounds and the door sticker says the payload is 3797 pounds. There is actually a picture of my door sticker on page one of this thread.

3500 LH HO SRW

Reaction score
I have the ‘19 version of the truck you have on order. My GVW is 12,300 pounds and the door sticker says the payload is 3797 pounds. There is actually a picture of my door sticker on page one of this thread.
Thank you. I just revised my order, going with the DRW. I need the pay load for a 5th wheel.

Don-T

Reaction score
I did not. No messages at all. While I’m STILL Waiting for my new 3500, since then I have towed me same 5th wheel a total of 600 more miles without any issues. Have learned to put air bag system on Alt Trailer height to take some pressure out of the bags though AND no big bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if yours was one of the few I have read about that had one or both bags mounted incorrectly? Hope you like the new truck.

dalepres

Reaction score
I wonder if yours was one of the few I have read about that had one or both bags mounted incorrectly? Hope you like the new truck.

I have emails and phone messages from FCA for the recall on my new RAM for airbags - though I have not yet seen the truck.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Thank you. I just revised my order, going with the DRW. I need the pay load for a 5th wheel.

How did you order a 2020 a week ago? Dealers are still taking orders for 2019s? I hope you realize the dealer can't even place that order for another month or so.

dalepres

Reaction score
Finally got my truck today! I was out of town for the weekend when the dealer called me on Friday afternoon so I didn't get to pick it up until this evening. It was dark so I can't post any pictures, etc., in the other threads yet but here's one picture I was able to get in the dark: 4048 LBS payload for my 3500 hemi, SRW, Laramie.

20191021_230526.jpg
20191021_230526.jpg

Attachments

• 20191021_230526.jpg
    20191021_230526.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread