Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Suggestions

Rcrac3r

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman w/6.4L Hemi V8. Loved this truck from day 1. Mainly bought to pull a 5th wheel camper & it has done a good job with that. She is getting up there in mileage, 193000 kms, but been keeping regular maintenance up along the way. That being said gas mileage has dropped of late, especially in the cold season (understandably of course, its a 6.4L). Just wondering what others may have done with their trucks as far as trying to improve gas mileage &/or performance, ie: different air filters, exhaust changes, ECM updates, etc. Gas prices going the way they are every little bit helps. Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

80s Kid

Reaction score
I don't have an answer but figured I'd add to this thread since I'm curious about what options are available for a 2016 6.4L as well.

I've previously had custom tunes on a 2006 1500 w/5.7L using the Diablosport Trinity and HP Tuners but both were professionally done and have not yet inquired about the 2500.

The Diablosport is more popular and while it did help add power and allow for a cam upgrade, the tune itself would give me problems when other work was done. Customer service was not great either.

HP Tuners worked well and wasn't susceptible to problems when other work needed to be done. Availability is probably the biggest issue. I think they're currently out of stock. In addition, you need to find someone trained in how to use the tuner. It's a newer product and more complicated.

Again, these are my experiences with a 2006 1500 so more research is needed but it's a start.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Performance, there are options. Mileage is what it is. There isn't any solution for that but slower speeds and better right foot control

Users who are viewing this thread