Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedestrian Emergency Brake (PEB)

Webracin

Reaction score
Making a seperate thread so we can track it easier.

Looking to add Pedestrian Emergency Brake to my 2019. In theory since I do have forward collision on my 2019 2500 Limited, it should be as simple as turning it on, since it was not available for the 2019.

What I have done so far:
Using AlphaOBD, I have enabled :
  1. VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake Present to Yes
  2. CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present to Yes
I have noticed no change or options in Uconnect, but while doing some digging I found these settings that may need to be changed, so thought I would reach out to the experts.
  1. Safety-Passive Pedestrian Protection Present - ?
  2. P/T Chassis Net-EPPM Electronic Pedestrian Protection - NOT USED

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Making a seperate thread so we can track it easier.

Looking to add Pedestrian Emergency Brake to my 2019. In theory since I do have forward collision on my 2019 2500 Limited, it should be as simple as turning it on, since it was not available for the 2019.

What I have done so far:
Using AlphaOBD, I have enabled :
  1. VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake Present to Yes
  2. CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present to Yes
I have noticed no change or options in Uconnect, but while doing some digging I found these settings that may need to be changed, so thought I would reach out to the experts.
  1. Safety-Passive Pedestrian Protection Present
  2. P/T Chassis Net-EPPM Electronic Pedestrian Protection
Should either of these be set to Yes or Enabled?
It should only be the first two settings you have listed. I have a log of a 2021 DT that has it, and those are the settings. I had someone try this before, and the got the setting in the radio to show up, but didn’t seem to work. Discussion starts here in this thread- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/alfaobd.640/post-57321
Safety: passive pedestrian protection present doesn’t show up in the log I have, so not sure if that one is relevant, but you can try it. Definitely not the P/T Chassis Net setting, though, since the feature doesn’t use it’s own module. The member that tried it did not have any faults in the BCM, but I really think we need a way to connect to the DASM to see if it is storing any faults. I’ll research this a little more to see if I can find a list of faults that the DASM might kick out for PEB, and see if there’s a DASM module in one of the other FCA vehicles list to connect to in AlfaOBD- possibly a grand Cherokee or Pacifica.

Users who are viewing this thread