Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM Recall Z87 - Engine Serial Number Location

SeaBee-1

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 3500 S.O. Cummins. It only has 1,400 mi on it. I’ve had no issues with it so far. But I received a letter that it is part of a PCM recall. The dealer needs the engine serial number to order the part. It’s somewhere on the top of the engine? So they want me to bring in to find it, then bring it back again once the part is received.
Does anyone know where this is at and if it is easily accessible? It would save an 80mi round trip twice! Thank you!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
ESN is on a sticker on the side of ECM

I just stuck my phone down below the intake and took a couple pics till i got a clear picture, that is easy or go from underneath

Here is a picture of mine for reference on what to look for

Attachments

• E02F1335-699A-4A6F-9775-4A5A56821759.jpeg
    E02F1335-699A-4A6F-9775-4A5A56821759.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 37

SeaBee-1

Reaction score
Thank you both very much! I found it in both of those spots! You think the dealers would know this and save customers the hassle!?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also cross reference the ESN from a VIN on the Cummins QuickServe site.

Last edited:

Wholeo

Reaction score
Been over 5 weeks since my local dealer said they were going to order new ECM as part of the recall, they have my trucks VIN in the system since I bought it there. Called today for a update and was told that their order got kicked back because they need to have the actual serial number off the engine. No issues with the truck, but their customer service has a lot to be desired because I should of been informed about this several weeks ago. After going thru this thread I know where to find the number I need and phone it in. Thanks!

superjoe83

Reaction score
Been over 5 weeks since my local dealer said they were going to order new ECM as part of the recall, they have my trucks VIN in the system since I bought it there. Called today for a update and was told that their order got kicked back because they need to have the actual serial number off the engine. No issues with the truck, but their customer service has a lot to be desired because I should of been informed about this several weeks ago. After going thru this thread I know where to find the number I need and phone it in. Thanks!
The easiest place to find it is on top of the valve cover in the rear, behind the crankcase filter, it will be a white sticker

Users who are viewing this thread