Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panicking about skinny jeans?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Nope sorry, that can't be right. Panic Button in Skinny Jeans?
Eh! How about My fob is too fat for my pocket and also I set off the the panic button too easily.

I saw similar in multiple older threads and then I saw something today that might be a solution for some, others just disable panic button or use a ranger band.

Not affiliated, blah blah blah, I don't care if you buy it, yada yada yada, yes its too expensive, what isn't?
What seems good is that overall it's slimmer but the panic button is more recessed.

Watch this video because taking apart a fob is fascinating.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I was shocked how sensitive the panic button on my ‘18 was, but the ‘22 was worse. It’s rather handy to be able to disable it in AlfaOBD.

CTF2019

Reaction score
Just so you all know, the internal main board of the 2019+ HD fob is the same as 2013-2018.

You could put the intervals in a 13-18 key shell. However, if you have remote tailgate release, it will have to use the suv or car trunk open design on the old fob case as the feature didn’t exists for pickups back then.

EDIT: metal battery retainer is nonexistent on 2019 fob. You’d have to tape it in place.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
No issues here. Don't wear skinny jeans. :cool:
When we started living full time in the Airstream a couple years ago I picked up a pair of “technical pants” made by Prana, because they’d hang dry faster than jeans. They’re lightweight, breathe well, and durable. Great for hiking, sitting in the truck all day on a road trip, or just about anything else. I have several pairs now and I’ll never wear jeans again.

Several of the other outdoor brands make similar stuff.

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
When we started living full time in the Airstream a couple years ago I picked up a pair of “technical pants” made by Prana, because they’d hand dry faster than jeans. They’re lightweight, breathe well, and durable. Great for hiking, sitting in the truck all day on a road trip, or just about anything else. I have several pairs now and I’ll never wear jeans again.

I'm just a good old Walmat special jeans and t shirt kind of guy. Cheap and they fit good.

Back in my younger days, it had to be Levi 501's. But they got way to expensive. 10 dollar wranglers from Walmart work just fine for me, albeit I had to go with the stretch fit wasteband. :rolleyes:

44Dan44

Reaction score
When we started living full time in the Airstream a couple years ago I picked up a pair of “technical pants” made by Prana, because they’d hang dry faster than jeans. They’re lightweight, breathe well, and durable. Great for hiking, sitting in the truck all day on a road trip, or just about anything else. I have several pairs now and I’ll never wear jeans again.

Nice choice. I'm a fan of 5.11 Taclite Pro Ripstop. I have maybe 2 pairs of jeans anymore, somewhere.
Image 3-13-23 at 10.14 AM.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t own or wear skinny jeans and have the issue. Rip stop tactical, carhartt, cargo shorts, hunting pants, etc. they all set off the panic button.

44Dan44

Reaction score
I don’t own or wear skinny jeans and have the issue. Rip stop tactical, carhartt, cargo shorts, hunting pants, etc. they all set off the panic button.
You might be the perfect candidate for this fob cover then, the case on this recesses the panic button, in the older thread someone put a ranger band (think large fat durable black rubber band) around the fob to create a recess, also great for anti slip-out if you were in gym shorts and laid down with the fob in your pocket. I don't have a 23 fob in hand yet so I'll decide later.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
You might be the perfect candidate for this fob cover then, the case on this recesses the panic button, in the older thread someone put a ranger band (think large fat durable black rubber band) around the fob to create a recess, also great for anti slip-out if you were in gym shorts and laid down with the fob in your pocket. I don't have a 23 fob in hand yet so I'll decide later.
The panic button was the first thing I disabled with AlfaOBD. In all the years of owning vehicles with key fobs I’ve never needed to use the panic feature.

whitexc

Reaction score
The panic button was the first thing I disabled with AlfaOBD. In all the years of owning vehicles with key fobs I’ve never needed to use the panic feature.

It just lets the bad guy know which vehicle is yours so they can have that after your wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsalbre

Reaction score
Nice choice. I'm a fan of 5.11 Taclite Pro Ripstop. I have maybe 2 pairs of jeans anymore, somewhere.
View attachment 53256
I haven’t tried the 5.11s but they look nice.

If you had a Wrangler or Gladiator you’d have to use the pocket below the Ram Fob Pocket for your keys.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm all about slimming down the stuff I carry, so a thinner keyfob would be great. Sadly my truck has one of the non compatible ones. Hopefully he releases another version soon.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I would occasionally set off the panic alarm in my truck. I now make sure to put the fob in my pocket with the buttons facing in towards my leg, and the problem went away.

The problem with my fobs chewing through batteries persists though. I've never seen fobs need batteries so often.

Users who are viewing this thread