Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered my Banks Pedal Monster today. What to expect?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My 2015 Drw ctd had the dead pedal. Took forever to get used to it.
My 2021 2500 laramie ctd has NO dead pedal. My truck has instant response. It's so nice to jab the throttle and have no dead pedal. Even with traction control on it will spin the back tires, or try to.
It looks like a lot of folks are buying these devices to eliminate dead pedal, so maybe I'm missing something. I totally enjoy my new truck, and it's a pleasure to drive. I had two 4th gens 14,and 15 that had the dead pedal, so I definitely know what it is.
Off the line my 2020 is fine. For mine the dead pedal is when you accelerate, back off and then accelerate again.

Schwingel9

Reaction score
Mine kept giving a check engine light and some parts of the heating and ac did not work. It did improve throttle response though. Sent it back. Limited 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
Off the line my 2020 is fine. For mine the dead pedal is when you accelerate, back off and then accelerate again.

Ya, that's the normal complaint. I've experienced that quite a few times. All I know is so far I have not experienced the dead pedal on my 21. I remember my 2015 would be real slow to Rev when just parked. Step on the pedal, and it didn't immediately Rev.
Now my 21 feels like a gasser. It revs with no delay. I must be in the minority on this, but I'll take it.

decrewcab

Reaction score
No, coming from a 2500 with a 6.4 that thing when you would push the pedal it went no matter what. I would floor it and it would go right now. I just traded that in for a 2020 3500 HO and if you don't roll into the throttle it does not want to go. If you pull out into traffic and floor it you can count to 2 or 3 before the truck really takes off. That's not even taking into account what people were talking about where you get in and out of the pedal quick and then get back into it. It will stumble and fall on its face for what seems like forever then. So no it is people are "afraid to press the pedal"
Made the same move myself and scared the crap out of me when I shot left and it didn’t go forward for those few extra seconds!! Pedal pushed as far and as fast as I could!!

2001WS6

Reaction score
This is what it feels like after you get that dead pedal and a car is on your azz.

iJ2cc2x.gif

I've been following this thread, trying to decide if I should get the Pedal Monster. I really detest the lag in this truck. Just not 100% sold on the Pedal Monster yet. :(

decrewcab

Reaction score
This is what it feels like after you get that dead pedal and a car is on your azz.

iJ2cc2x.gif

I've been following this thread, trying to decide if I should get the Pedal Monster. I really detest the lag in this truck. Just not 100% sold on the Pedal Monster yet. :(
Exactly!!

rockman88

Reaction score
Another issue. Messes with my regens… Not consistently regenning like stock.

sstoner911

Reaction score
It is. Took it off and it went back to normal behavior. The gauge.

You keep that screen up all the time? If your truck does passive Regen you will never know....

What's normal regens?

rockman88

Reaction score
You keep that screen up all the time? If your truck does passive Regen you will never know....

What's normal regens?

Yes I do. And normal regen is about 25-35% on my truck. Leave the PM on and it is all over the place, after that. Verified issue with tech. At which point he reminded me again use of PM will invalidate the warranty.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Yes I do. And normal regen is about 25-35% on my truck. Leave the PM on and it is all over the place, after that. Verified issue with tech. At which point he reminded me again use of PM will invalidate the warranty.

I don't think a throttle booster can affect Regens as they have nothing to do with each other...If that's the case Regens would be varying for anyone using the skinny pedal as everyone has different driving habits...

Maybe you should get the answer from Banks ....not all Ram Techs are ....well savvy.

What do you mean by 25 to 35%...is that drive time?

sstoner911

Reaction score
BTW Regen schedules are typically by miles...not throttle response...

rockman88

Reaction score
I don't think a throttle booster can affect Regens as they have nothing to do with each other...If that's the case Regens would be varying for anyone using the skinny pedal as everyone has different driving habits...

Maybe you should get the answer from Banks ....not all Ram Techs are ....well savvy.

What do you mean by 25 to 35%...is that drive time?

Percent on the gauge…

Users who are viewing this thread