Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Road Pages not showing "Forward Facing Camera"

KevinJB

Reaction score
2021 3500 Limited that does have a forward facing camera.
From the main menu, select Off Road Pages, I only have 3 options on the left. According to the Owners Manual, there should be a forth option for "Forward Facing Camera.
Do others have this problem, or are they showing the Forward Facing Camera option?

Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This must be new for 2021.

I don't think anyone with 360° cameras has been able to turn on off-road pages, and particularly, enable the forward facing camera ala PowerWagon or Off-Road package on a 3500.

Would love to see a BCM dump on this truck.

Don-T

Reaction score
2021 3500 Limited that does have a forward facing camera.
From the main menu, select Off Road Pages, I only have 3 options on the left. According to the Owners Manual, there should be a forth option for "Forward Facing Camera.
Do others have this problem, or are they showing the Forward Facing Camera option?

Thanks.
I have the Off Road pages on my 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie. I have the same screen as you do. No forward facing camera.

KevinJB

Reaction score
I had read somewhere in the owners manual that you need to be in Low 4 wheel drive. Tried that, still no forward camera option. Oh well... Truck is to long to go over steep embankments anyway.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I had read somewhere in the owners manual that you need to be in Low 4 wheel drive. Tried that, still no forward camera option. Oh well... Truck is to long to go over steep embankments anyway.
Only the power wagon gets the forward camera in off road pages because the off road camera setting is enabled in the BCM along with the front camera gridlines.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Only the power wagon gets the forward camera in off road pages because the off road camera setting is enabled in the BCM along with the front camera gridlines.

Do you know if anyone has successfully enabled off road pages on a 19 or 20 3500? Perhaps forcing 2021 BCM?

Don-T

Reaction score
I did see the Off Road camera setting in AlphaOBD. I may try it next time I get a chance. I will also try to find the entry for the front camera grid lines.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I did see the Off Road camera setting in AlphaOBD. I may try it next time I get a chance. I will also try to find the entry for the front camera grid lines.

If you're commenting on my post, I wasn't referring to the off-road camera setting but the off-road pages. Pretty much every 3500 owner that's tried to enable off-road camera has the same result - loss of overhead surround (stitched) view. At best, the button eventually shows up in the radio camera page but does nothing. That's been my result every time I've tried.

Don-T

Reaction score
If you're commenting on my post, I wasn't referring to the off-road camera setting but the off-road pages. Pretty much every 3500 owner that's tried to enable off-road camera has the same result - loss of overhead surround (stitched) view. At best, the button eventually shows up in the radio camera page but does nothing. That's been my result every time I've tried.
I wan’t aware of this. Thanks for the lesson. I won’t waste my time and maybe screwing up the BCM.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Do you know if anyone has successfully enabled off road pages on a 19 or 20 3500? Perhaps forcing 2021 BCM?
Not that I know of, but the first thing you would need is a newer radio update that will install the pages.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I know of, but the first thing you would need is a newer radio update that will install the pages.

I'm assuming FCA isn't rolling radio updates out for working units and in the past looking for a Uconnect download has been fruitless.

Russty__

Reaction score
Also you can only use the forward facing camera if traveling under 25mph

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I'm assuming FCA isn't rolling radio updates out for working units and in the past looking for a Uconnect download has been fruitless.
Yeah, that would be a tricky one. You would basically have to wait for an update to get pushed, or somehow see if a dealership tech can get a copy onto a usb stick. Or, the less practical way of swapping in a 2021 radio module part number. I have the pages on the 12” that’s transplanted in my 2017, and they are really just something “fun” to look at, but nothing special. We haven’t figured out how to get pitch and roll to display correctly (possibly missing something from the ORC modules that only 2021s have?), and we don’t know how to get the gauges to display in standard units.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a tricky one. You would basically have to wait for an update to get pushed, or somehow see if a dealership tech can get a copy onto a usb stick. Or, the less practical way of swapping in a 2021 radio module part number. I have the pages on the 12” that’s transplanted in my 2017, and they are really just something “fun” to look at, but nothing special. We haven’t figured out how to get pitch and roll to display correctly (possibly missing something from the ORC modules that only 2021s have?), and we don’t know how to get the gauges to display in standard units.

Yeah, the pitch/roll would be the only cool thing I guess and I can get all that on Torque/phone.

I'd still like to have the off-road camera if you/Alex ever get that combo figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread