Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sale agreement?

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
i had to sign somthing similar up here in canada, i think it was for 6 months. I was allowed to sell within canada. But if the truck ended up in the states through an auction i could be fined 25,000$ Somthing due to making excessive profits or some garbage due to the used market being higher than new. Business partner bought a tremor 22 tremor 6.7 and had to sign same paper.

still seems to be that way up here, my 5500 was apraised at 5g more than i paid this week.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I'd ask them to amend the document to address your concerns. I did this with mark dodge and they put a couple of clauses in. My issue was with the non refundable deposit. I was concerned if my truck came in and was not as ordered or that they would alter the final price upon delivery. They put a clause in there stating that in either case, I would be able to pass on the truck and have my deposit returned to me.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I wouldn't sign it. I wouldn't compromise my principles for the money involved. They created their own problem by deep discounting. And thinking they can control the resale market is disgusting.

BaseBD

Reaction score
I am surprised they have this. I bought a Bronco and Ram HD from Granger over the last couple years and I do not recall having to sign this for either.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Granger did not have me sign one of these documents when I picked up my 2500 Truck in 01/2022. I would not have signed it if they did, as it is not any of their business what I do with my assets.

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
I wouldn't sign it. I wouldn't compromise my principles for the money involved. They created their own problem by deep discounting. And thinking they can control the resale market is disgusting.
And yet, this is just the opposite. You're saying that it's okay for some scalper to buy the vehicle you want, preventing you from getting it, and then offering it to you for a significant mark up. If you don't want to pay that, then you'll have to just wait until whatever time it is that the scalpers no longer see value in hijacking sales that would otherwise go to legitimate customers. The dealer and the manufacturer get no benefit from scalpers. All it results to them is bad publicity and public sentiment because they don't try to prevent the mass hijacking of their inventory by scalpers. A 1 year non-resale agreement puts more vehicles in the hands of legitimate purchasers.

jsalbre

Reaction score
And yet, this is just the opposite. You're saying that it's okay for some scalper to buy the vehicle you want, preventing you from getting it, and then offering it to you for a significant mark up. If you don't want to pay that, then you'll have to just wait until whatever time it is that the scalpers no longer see value in hijacking sales that would otherwise go to legitimate customers. The dealer and the manufacturer get no benefit from scalpers. All it results to them is bad publicity and public sentiment because they don't try to prevent the mass hijacking of their inventory by scalpers. A 1 year non-resale agreement puts more vehicles in the hands of legitimate purchasers.
No one is scalping HD trucks.

MtnRider

Reaction score
While I'm not a big fan of this I can't say I completely disagree with it either? There are(were) a lot of vehicle "scalpers" out there taking advantage of the shortages so if this helps stop them I can't say I'm 100% opposed to it?

The reality of it is that none of this would stand up in court if you had a legitimate reason to sell before the time period, and that's "IF" they even pursued you which I highly doubt. I see this as a scare tactic to try and cut down on the scalpers and not much more.

John Jensen

Reaction score
That's precisely what I'm saying, it's called capitalism.

What you call a scalper is doing is perfectly legal, enterprising, and is in business because Granger made it profitable. The dealer and the manufacturer do benefit from the scalpers, they are selling vehicles. Dealers and manufacturers grade themselves on vehicles sold, why should they care whose buying, as long as they are selling? I've never heard of a dealer not selling a vehicle because they didn't like the qualified buyer. I could call Granger a scalper as they are buying and reselling below the other dealers.

Last, what percentage of trucks are sold to what you call a scalper? I'd bet a nickel no one knows and if they did it would be very low or maybe zero.

Edit:
You also asked, "You're saying that it's okay for some scalper to buy the vehicle you want, preventing you from getting it, etc" I say you have the same opportunity to buy the truck as the "scalper". The scalper has not prevented you from getting it, he's just smarter than you.

Last edited:

FLRAM

Reaction score
Its still capitalism if a dealer puts conditions on a sale. I appreciate dealeras offfering deep discount and avoiding ADM that pisses everyone off.

jadmt

Reaction score
here is the one I was talking about. I am sure Cena has deep pockets just not as deep as Ford

CTF2019

Reaction score
That's precisely what I'm saying, it's called capitalism.

What you call a scalper is doing is perfectly legal, enterprising, and is in business because Granger made it profitable. The dealer and the manufacturer do benefit from the scalpers, they are selling vehicles. Dealers and manufacturers grade themselves on vehicles sold, why should they care whose buying, as long as they are selling? I've never heard of a dealer not selling a vehicle because they didn't like the qualified buyer. I could call Granger a scalper as they are buying and reselling below the other dealers.

Last, what percentage of trucks are sold to what you call a scalper? I'd bet a nickel no one knows and if they did it would be very low or maybe zero.

Edit:
You also asked, "You're saying that it's okay for some scalper to buy the vehicle you want, preventing you from getting it, etc" I say you have the same opportunity to buy the truck as the "scalper". The scalper has not prevented you from getting it, he's just smarter than you.
Exactly! It’s crazy how people are fine giving up freedoms as long as it benefits them at that very moment.

If people actually refuse to sign these very broad and dangerous agreements, then the dealers will get rid of them…

Reaction score
This is pretty concerning to see. I just placed an order with Granger a few weeks ago. They didn't ask me to sign this before taking my $1k non-refundable deposit. Are they going to spring it on me when the truck is about to arrive? That's a pretty terribly way to do business if so.
I have no intention of selling this truck to make money. But I shouldn't be locked 1y of ownership of a truck just because the way vehicles are sold is stupid and designed to allow businesses to screw people rather than just about any other commodity item. If I drive it for a month and decide I didn't really need a 3/4 ton and I'd rather go trade it for a 1/2 ton, I should be able to do so with any "legal" restrictions. I will have just paid a kings ransom for this vehicle :eek:. Maybe I should have them sign a document that says they cannot transfer the money I give them out of their bank for the same period of time?
Or maybe they should just sell them for what they think I could? IDK, this is a really weird document to ask someone to sign for an HD truck.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
lil odd to be implementing this 18-24 months past the covid ordering spree. wouldn't think the margins would be anywhere close to what they were back in late 2021...sure there aren't trucks piling up on lots, but there are dealers advertising $4-6k off HD trucks sitting on the lot. guess there are still those out there they haven't been shopping around

jebruns

Reaction score
This is pretty concerning to see. I just placed an order with Granger a few weeks ago. They didn't ask me to sign this before taking my $1k non-refundable deposit. Are they going to spring it on me when the truck is about to arrive? That's a pretty terribly way to do business if so.
As I said above, they did not do that to me. If they do, just don't sign it. Since you never agreed to it up front, it's their breach to demand it later. I'd bet they still sell you the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread