Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Update For 12-Inch Uconnect System To Introduce Pandora Stations:

jdubc72

Reaction score
Yes, if you have the latest update. I have a 19 3500, and after the update I'm able to create Pandora stations on the truck or on the app, and they show up on the other.
Thanks, unfortunately still no luck. driveuconnect/software-update says I have latest software. I can add/remove XM stations from my favorites in the truck and it reflects online however, when I try adding pandora stations, they do not show up :(

Frank

Reaction score
I think it's a great feature and the sound quality is a lot better than the Sirius antenna.

Does anyone know how to make a station of your own choosing? The only way I have found so far is to go under "related" while listening to satellite and make one for the current artist.

One thing I have noticed and we laugh about, seems like no matter what station you create it will eventually find it's way to Led Zeppelin or System of a Down. It's become a running gag in our house.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I think it's a great feature and the sound quality is a lot better than the Sirius antenna.

Does anyone know how to make a station of your own choosing? The only way I have found so far is to go under "related" while listening to satellite and make one for the current artist.

One thing I have noticed and we laugh about, seems like no matter what station you create it will eventually find it's way to Led Zeppelin or System of a Down. It's become a running gag in our house.
You can search an artist (by voice), then create a station. If you can't figure it out, when I go back to my truck, I'll see what the exact steps are.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I used to love Pandora but I haven't used it in the truck since I have Spotify on Android Auto now. I used Pandora for listening on my PC at work and in my old truck sometimes through Android Auto. I used to create stations on the PC by selecting a song I like and then Pandora would create a station using it as the base. Liking or unliking songs that played helped fine-tune the station. I don't know if it still works that way.

Spotify allows me to play whatever song or albums I want immediately. I haven't requested a song it hasn't found yet. You can also go on your account and create playlists. I have also dropped Sirius since it is only $13.99 for two Spotify accounts and it sounds WAY better. You can also download to your phone for offline listening if you think you may be somewhere without cell signal. I am not sure how much it buffers but I never get disruptions in the stream like I did with Sirius.

Frank

Reaction score
You can search an artist (by voice), then create a station. If you can't figure it out, when I go back to my truck, I'll see what the exact steps ar

I used to love Pandora but I haven't used it in the truck since I have Spotify on Android Auto now. I used Pandora for listening on my PC at work and in my old truck sometimes through Android Auto. I used to create stations on the PC by selecting a song I like and then Pandora would create a station using it as the base. Liking or unliking songs that played helped fine-tune the station. I don't know if it still works that way.

Spotify allows me to play whatever song or albums I want immediately. I haven't requested a song it hasn't found yet. You can also go on your account and create playlists. I have also dropped Sirius since it is only $13.99 for two Spotify accounts and it sounds WAY better. You can also download to your phone for offline listening if you think you may be somewhere without cell signal. I am not sure how much it buffers but I never get disruptions in the stream like I did with Sirius.

I have the paid subscription to Amazon Music for the Alexa in the house where you can choose exact songs. It's OK but I end up just listening to Van Halen on loop until I get bored and turn it off. That may be a personal problem, but I really like someone else mixing the music up for me and I like a DJ who isn't annoying breaking up the monotony. Most Sirius DJ's are not annoying and have interesting things to say IMO. A few you just change the channel until their shift is over.

I have had Sirius since 2002, always their lowest plan unless I'm getting something free with a new vehicle. They also now include streaming free, and since we can get data everywhere on the lake (where most FM stations are out of range or blocked by mountains) we hook our phones to the boat stereo so that adds some value. There is also spotty data in the rural areas where I live so for example we can't make the entire 40 mile drive to the lake on streaming.

I also subscribe to MLB radio for $20 a year and it works with Android Auto. It didn't work out too good this year, but come Spring when Mike Shannon is calling the Card's home games again life will be a lot closer to normal.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I think Pandora requires the truck mobile service to be active.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have the paid subscription to Amazon Music for the Alexa in the house where you can choose exact songs. It's OK but I end up just listening to Van Halen on loop until I get bored and turn it off. That may be a personal problem, but I really like someone else mixing the music up for me and I like a DJ who isn't annoying breaking up the monotony. Most Sirius DJ's are not annoying and have interesting things to say IMO. A few you just change the channel until their shift is over.

I have had Sirius since 2002, always their lowest plan unless I'm getting something free with a new vehicle. They also now include streaming free, and since we can get data everywhere on the lake (where most FM stations are out of range or blocked by mountains) we hook our phones to the boat stereo so that adds some value. There is also spotty data in the rural areas where I live so for example we can't make the entire 40 mile drive to the lake on streaming.

I also subscribe to MLB radio for $20 a year and it works with Android Auto. It didn't work out too good this year, but come Spring when Mike Shannon is calling the Card's home games again life will be a lot closer to normal.

I hear ya. I used to love Sirius. I have been a subscriber since at least 2005. Well, I guess I still am since I have my free subscription that came with the truck. I ended up having four subscriptions and it was running me over $600/year. Even then it still might have been OK except the sound quality really dropped when they added all the extra stations. Together, it made it an easy decision to drop them. The sports channels I may miss though. At least I can stream any radio station through Alexa or Android Auto so if I need to I can find a game.

Spotify is not for everyone, but I love my music so it works great for me. You can ask Spotify to play music from an artist, decade, or genre and it will play a playlist. You can also play other people's playlists and even share them between friends. I have Spotify linked to both Google and Alexa, so all I have to do is ask and they play my request right away. My Denon receiver also has it embedded so I can stream to my home system too.

Frank

Reaction score
I hear ya. I used to love Sirius. I have been a subscriber since at least 2005. Well, I guess I still am since I have my free subscription that came with the truck. I ended up having four subscriptions and it was running me over $600/year. Even then it still might have been OK except the sound quality really dropped when they added all the extra stations. Together, it made it an easy decision to drop them. The sports channels I may miss though. At least I can stream any radio station through Alexa or Android Auto so if I need to I can find a game.

Spotify is not for everyone, but I love my music so it works great for me. You can ask Spotify to play music from an artist, decade, or genre and it will play a playlist. You can also play other people's playlists and even share them between friends. I have Spotify linked to both Google and Alexa, so all I have to do is ask and they play my request right away. My Denon receiver also has it embedded so I can stream to my home system too.

Live sports are blacked out when you stream terrestrial radio, the stations only have over the air rights. That's why I have the MLB radio package through the MLB phone app, you get the game streams from all the local radio stations. No blacking out the home team like they do with streaming video either. NHL has the same thing for free, which is great because I can't pick up AM from STL very well and there aren't many FM rebroadcasters.

Jddirk

Reaction score
Thanks, unfortunately still no luck. driveuconnect/software-update says I have latest software. I can add/remove XM stations from my favorites in the truck and it reflects online however, when I try adding pandora stations, they do not show up :(

You need to delete your profile on the radio and make a new one. Then you will be able to make pandora stations. I had the same issue when the new software came out.

JD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread