Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Update For 12-Inch Uconnect System To Introduce Pandora Stations:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
New Update For 12-Inch Uconnect System To Introduce Pandora Stations:
Rolling Out In October For 2020 Models, 2019 Models Will Get Update As Well...

IMG_1179.jpg

Zrojas

Reaction score
Some updates you download from uconnect put it on a USB and then plug it into your truck to install.

Other updates are over the air (OTA). I think you will usually get a notification on your radio that an OTA update is available and then you can start the update or schedule it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Battlecat204

Reaction score
I was just into dealer on Friday and was told no software update for the Uconnect 12 yet.

I have the EQ and side mirror rotate down issues I wanted corrected.

dupwee00

Reaction score
Very excited for the update! They are telling me the update will fix my 2019 limited Uconnect App. For some reason i cannot use mopar.com/uconnect/or 1-800# Sirius guardian to autostart my car since it was purchased.

Warweasel

Reaction score
So this update popped up Friday afternoon (ironically only a few hours after I checked the UConnect site to see if I had an update). It told me to turn the truck off, so I did it while I ran into the grocery store. It was complete when I came out. It does now create Pandora stations, although it's not really intuitive. I just searched an artist, then it asked me if I wanted to create a station. Unfortunately it doesn't have a separate tab for Pandora, so to save your custom stations, it appears that you have to use one of your 12 SiriusXM presets. All in all, so far so good, all things considered.

jsalbre

Reaction score
So this update popped up Friday afternoon (ironically only a few hours after I checked the UConnect site to see if I had an update). It told me to turn the truck off, so I did it while I ran into the grocery store. It was complete when I came out. It does now create Pandora stations, although it's not really intuitive. I just searched an artist, then it asked me if I wanted to create a station. Unfortunately it doesn't have a separate tab for Pandora, so to save your custom stations, it appears that you have to use one of your 12 SiriusXM presets. All in all, so far so good, all things considered.

You can add them to your “Favorites” list, not just the presets. If you have the SiriusXM phone app you can also see and add to favorites there.

Last edited:

Warweasel

Reaction score
You can add them Toyota “Favorites” list, not just the presets. If you have the SiriusXM phone app you can also see and add to favorites there.
I wonder how many can be added to the favorites?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I wonder how many can be added to the favorites?

Not sure. I’ve added over 40 total stations to mine, with 10 of those being Pandora stations. One additional thing to be aware of: if you use the app or website and add “Xtra” channels to your favorites those will not show up or be playable in the truck.

Warweasel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I guess that I thought that the favorites was just a mirror of the presets.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
How do the Pandora stations sound? I've never used it. If it's anything like the quality of SiriusXM, I'm not interested.

Warweasel

Reaction score
How do the Pandora stations sound? I've never used it. If it's anything like the quality of SiriusXM, I'm not interested.
They sound pretty good. I do have random issues with the built in cell signal dropping out. And then there's the part where if a song is interrupted (turn off the truck, switches to some other input), it starts over. When you're making several short trips, that gets annoying.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
They sound pretty good. I do have random issues with the built in cell signal dropping out. And then there's the part where if a song is interrupted (turn off the truck, switches to some other input), it starts over. When you're making several short trips, that gets annoying.
Maybe I'll check it out sometime but I mostly use my thumb stick anyway. MP4/FLAC files sound pretty good on the H/K system.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll check it out sometime but I mostly use my thumb stick anyway. MP4/FLAC files sound pretty good on the H/K system.

How does the system handle the tags?

Do you think there's any discernible difference between MP4 audio (or even high bitrate MP3) and FLAC on a mobile factory system?

Does it play MP4 video?

I like to use my phone because I have (licensed) Media Monkey and can organize music to my preference. Running it on my home server to massage the folder/filenames, tags. etc. then sync to all my devices. That said, I duplicate any FLAC into my MP3 library/folders as FLAC provides no benefit on a mobile device and just uses more space. I'm already using a 128GB card in my phone to store everything.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
How does the system handle the tags?

Do you think there's any discernible difference between MP4 audio (or even high bitrate MP3) and FLAC on a mobile factory system?

Does it play MP4 video?

I like to use my phone because I have (licensed) Media Monkey and can organize music to my preference. Running it on my home server to massage the folder/filenames, tags. etc. then sync to all my devices. That said, I duplicate any FLAC into my MP3 library/folders as FLAC provides no benefit on a mobile device and just uses more space. I'm already using a 128GB card in my phone to store everything.
The meta data appears to be the usual stuff, i.e., artwork, artist, song, genre, etc., and I haven't seen any discernible difference with MP4 vs FLAC from a sound perspective. When you have a thumb drive connected up, you can see the meta data information using "browse" in the media app.

Most of my files are MP4 with some MP3 and FLAC thrown in. I noticed quite a difference using the bluetooth audio connection and playing straight from my phone; sounds like crap but I'm not surprised given BT bandwidth. I haven't tried playing from the phone with a USB C connection however. I hadn't heard that about FLAC being of no benefit on mobile devices.

jdubc72

Reaction score
Anyone know if Pandora stations are going to come to the 2019 3500 (limited)? I add the Pandora stations to my favorite list through a web browser however, they do not show up on my 12 inch in the truck. I checked the Uconnect website to see if I need to update, and I don't. Just wanted to see if anyone with a 2019 ramHD has this so I can dig a little deeper on why I do not. Thanks,

Warweasel

Reaction score
Anyone know if Pandora stations are going to come to the 2019 3500 (limited)? I add the Pandora stations to my favorite list through a web browser however, they do not show up on my 12 inch in the truck. I checked the Uconnect website to see if I need to update, and I don't. Just wanted to see if anyone with a 2019 ramHD has this so I can dig a little deeper on why I do not. Thanks,
Yes, if you have the latest update. I have a 19 3500, and after the update I'm able to create Pandora stations on the truck or on the app, and they show up on the other.

Agar426

Reaction score
This is great news. Unfortunately, I fear it will be another feature I won't be able to access when the radio craps out......I'm getting my third unit installed next week, and I've had the truck just over a year. Hopefully it this one lasts, as I would really like having the Pandora option in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread