Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new tailgate with camera but it won't work

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought a new take off tailgate and the back up camera isn't working. It flashes on the screen then says unavailable. my original camera is a surround type and I'm not sure what the new tailgate is. I am considering replacing the new tailgate camera with my old one, the old tailgate handle was broken so I will have to use the new handle. looking for direction on that. Thank you.

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
well we took apart the tailgate handle and found that the new tailgate has a back up only camera and we will have to get a new handle that fits the surround camera and re use the camera and wire harness from the old tailgate. Anyone know the part number for the handle?

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
nobody knows about the tailgate handle part number or a good site to find the correct one for my truck?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
What color is the truck/handle?
Is it textured black, body color, or body color with chrome?
Need to know that info first before we can give you one of the 50+ tailgate handle part numbers.

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
Need to know that info first before we can give you one of the 50+ tailgate handle part numbers.
Thank you Jimmy, the handle is black textured that fits a surround view camera.

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
found the old handle, see pic attached. Which number is the part number?20230603_194751.jpg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
That’s not it. You have to look at the back of the entire tailgate handle assembly, and the part number should be where I have the red arrow in the picture above. They don’t sell individual parts of the handle assembly.

Kingsfisherman

Reaction score
That’s not it. You have to look at the back of the entire tailgate handle assembly, and the part number should be where I have the red arrow in the picture above. They don’t sell individual parts of the handle assembly.
found the part number you were referencing, P6TU55GXHAB

Users who are viewing this thread