Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

renagade69

Reaction score
LOL, Where on earth did you come up with "no marks?"

It's said the stick is too short to reach the fluid.
He said it was not able to check the level. I assumed it had no marks. But if it's short then it's a micro-stick. lol. My reading comprehension is not the best.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Had the recall done today. Before bringing it in I told my service advisor I wanted the old dipstick back. They had no issue with that. Will probably keep it in the truck. I have not looked at the new dipstick yet. Probably tomorrow.
Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• 20230105_144658.jpg
    20230105_144658.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20230105_145222.jpg
    20230105_145222.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 133

Will_T

Reaction score
Got the notice in the mail yesterday. It says the fix is to change the dipstick and the vent tube. So maybe not the vent itself?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
It looks very similar to the Suncoast locking 68RFE dipstick I ordered, just cut down to be a bit useless as a dipstick. I'm going to make sure the level hashes match up with my stock dipstick and then just let them keep the stocker since I don't want to deal with two dipsticks. I just haven't had a chance to test it out yet being my 1st day back home after traveling for work all last week into the weekend.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Suncoast dipstick looks to match up to the hot marks only and locks into the dipstick tube firmly. I'm going to run it while I get my recall scheduled and probably transfer the cold marks over with a file before I have the recall done and show up for the recall with the stock dipstick in it.

mountainears

Reaction score
Here is the video I was mentioning that was filmed at our training facility.

Describes and compares a lot of different options, including the Element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
I feel there is some sort of recall letter coming every few month.
Not a big fan of that, costs my time to go in. Then having no truck for a while and techs messing with my otherwise good truck. There is a small chance that something will get messed up.
Would not be the first time that dealer techs broke something on my vehicle and it got covered up.
I'll continue to ignore these recalls until I sell the truck.

red

Reaction score
Mine goes in for this recall next week. I'll be sure to ask for my old dip stick back so I can check the fluid level occasionally. Ridiculous they'd put one in that's too short to reach the fluid. WTF?
I'll also get the tailgate recall done at the same time. They tried to align the strikers on my truck before I bought it but only managed to make the misalignment worse. I've also had a pop under the passenger floorboard since day one which I'm certain is the notorious cab mount problem. This will be the third time I've had the popping noise checked out. The first time they said it was the capture nuts on the front axle control arms the second time they changed one cab mount.

jebruns

Reaction score
I feel there is some sort of recall letter coming every few month.
Not a big fan of that, costs my time to go in. Then having no truck for a while and techs messing with my otherwise good truck. There is a small chance that something will get messed up.
Would not be the first time that dealer techs broke something on my vehicle and it got covered up.
I'll continue to ignore these recalls until I sell the truck.
Not a bad idea. I never haul heavy, so am not really at all worried about experiencing the problems from the tranny recall. And the "fix" without the ability to check the tranny level is a bad joke. Might be worth sitting this one out. Plus, as you say, having anyone else work on my trucks is always scary.

Jmonty

Reaction score
My local dealership told me the part was restricted and they can only order 2 a week. To get one ordered you have to schedule a recall appointment even though they know they don't have the part. The common sense is obviously not there but I went ahead and scheduled for today and now have myself in line for the part as they come available.

RichM752

Reaction score
My local dealer can only order one per week. A couple of weeks ago, I was #5
I'm pretty lucky for these recalls, dealer is in town about 2 miles from the house.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Think of all the add-ons you can be sold when you ask your dealer service bay to check your transmission fluid, since your stick doesn't do it anymore. Also - think of the warranties that can be voided, since you couldn't check your fluid and follow the factory service guidelines. Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 2.24.01 PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread