Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Ram

MEGA HO

Reaction score
No I get it. I was just surprised. That being said, I got the dually for stability reasons. There are some strong winds out in the flat lands of West Texas. And I am not worried about my truck handling the trailer we are thinking of getting. Total weight loaded is around 16K. I figured 20% for pin weight, that's 3200#, leaving me 2300# of payload.
Please don't tell me the truck I just bought can't handle the trailer. :(
Sure it can, no doubts about it.
I was just as surprised as you actually, I knew the HO could pull more but I didn't think it would be such a huge difference.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I just looked at the specs for the 365BH and the manufacturer says PIN weight is 2730, I’m guessing in reality probably a little higher but I wouldn’t think as high as you’re estimating. Maybe go on a Keystone/Montana Owned forum and ask the question of what folks are getting for accurate PIN weights and you’ll most likely get an honest answer in a short period of time. Based on what you provided, given your cargo cap you’re still going to have around 2500 lbs left over after subtracting your PIN weight, that‘s a lot of cargo. If your trailer weighs 16k loaded and your capability Is 19600 lbs you’re fine.

I can relate to your shock. My 2017 Limited with the 6.7 Cummins had a tow capacity of 17200 lbs but only 1900 lbs of cargo. It would tow like a mother I just had to be super careful about how much cargo I put in. My 2019 Hemi has almost as much tow cap at 14431 lbs and 2931 lbs cargo, almost a 1000 lbs more... interesting fun facts

MEGA HO

Reaction score
CTD weights 900# more than 6.4 HEMI. 1000# more than the 5.7 HEMI looks about right

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thats what i thought to when i was working and we bought our13k weakened fiver, then i got hurt and botta boom botta bing, were living in the thing. So long story short . 35' fiver is great for vacationing in, not living in full time. Need a much bigger rig for the wife to get further away from me. But I know everyone's situation is different. You have to just make your best educated

Users who are viewing this thread