Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 2500 Cummins, issues with Bluetooth/DPF display/broken sensors

Xflight29

Reaction score
Wow , this is so trivial. the system just does what it is designed to do.

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
https://www.cumminsforum.com/threads/dpf-gauge.2510723/

it's not trivial...their is a gauge on a 100,000 cad 1.5 week old truck that does not appear to work. If you can scare up actual literature I'd love to read it as it would put my mind at ease. They didn't have any to provide me at the dealer either, this is a system that if I can monitor I would like to as I primarily drive short hops. I know the thing is regenerating, I know it's keeping clean that's good. However I know it's not reporting status and that seems odd like a wire isn't plugged in or a line of code wasn't written.

I'm a welder and I wouldn't get away with the shoddy workmanship and finish I've seen in vehicles over the years and for all intensive purposes it's getting worse. We cannot allow manufacturers to take advantage of people like this and must hold them accountable for their product. My last ram came complete with factory dents....miss matched poorly fit body panels (their was 3 different vins on that long horn) and trim poping off....popping off the most expensive half ton you could buy from ram at the time. The lack of QC is apparent. Then they insisted the factory dents were not Thad bad and not fixable due to welds being under them..... great...and I should be happy cause their are other trucks that were worse? Like what kind of things is that to say to a customer, let alone one buying the flagship so to speak of the brand.

Nick

Reaction score
I had a rock come flying off of something and it cracked the little marker light on my drivers mirror . . I cold have spent a week throwing rocks at it and never hit it . Point being s#*t happens . Sorry you have such a sorry dealer . Fortunately for me mine is great !

Nick

Reaction score
I find rumors of a timed 24 hour active Regen regardless of DPF level on forums but I cannot find that in the manual or in Cummins literature online
You should be able to see your DPF status on your screen. I just notice the mileage drop . Scroll the screen and it shows either in Regen or the filter is empty .

Xflight29

Reaction score
when I pay 87,000 for a new truck I spend hours going over it before I even drive it off the lot. I go over every square inch I have my wife go right behind me incase I miss something. I get under it, over it, behind it, and in front of it both exterior and interior.
when I take it in for service I make sure they take there little I-Pad and see that no damage is present before and after work was performed on it. I have owned a 06, 11, 16 and now a 2020 all long horns other than the 06 in which was a bighorn. and never had any issue with any of them and all had right at 100k miles on them prior to selling them.
So in the short of it. not all trucks are made ****ty.

OneBadBernie

Reaction score
I had a rock come flying off of something and it cracked the little marker light on my drivers mirror . . I cold have spent a week throwing rocks at it and never hit it . Point being s#*t happens . Sorry you have such a sorry dealer . Fortunately for me mine is great !
Yea I agree.....but a rear bumper in a none tow situation...common that's physics breaking. Moot point when it's a 60 dollar sensor, my mind immediately went back to the late 90s early 2000s when Theese transducers were a couple hundred bucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Tag @RamCares in your post if you need the RamCares team to help with your dealer issues. More effective than just ranting on the internet.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
it's not trivial...their is a gauge on a 100,000 cad 1.5 week old truck that does not appear to work. If you can scare up actual literature I'd love to read it as it would put my mind at ease. They didn't have any to provide me at the dealer either, this is a system that if I can monitor I would like to as I primarily drive short hops. I know the thing is regenerating, I know it's keeping clean that's good. However I know it's not reporting status and that seems odd like a wire isn't plugged in or a line of code wasn't written.
Jesus your impossible there is no soot plugging the filter so it will not register thats it thats all.... you have almost no kms on the truck its is 100% normal to not see anything on the gauge in a cummins unless you do lots of very short trips or tons of city driving and idling.....

Nick

Reaction score

I'm a welder and I wouldn't get away with the shoddy workmanship and finish I've seen in vehicles over the years and for all intensive purposes it's getting worse. We cannot allow manufacturers to take advantage of people like this and must hold them accountable for their product. My last ram came complete with factory dents....miss matched poorly fit body panels (their was 3 different vins on that long horn) and trim poping off....popping off the most expensive half ton you could buy from ram at the time. The lack of QC is apparent. Then they insisted the factory dents were not Thad bad and not fixable due to welds being under them..... great...and I should be happy cause their are other trucks that were worse? Like what kind of things is that to say to a customer, let alone one buying the flagship so to speak of the brand.

Users who are viewing this thread